LGS1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Handheld Device - 610nm - 630nm - 670nm

x-ray peat

@LifeGivingStore I dont meant to be rude but I gotta ask....whats the catch?
How are you able to sell it for so much cheaper?
my question would be why are they so much. You can get a 660nm on amazon for 20 bucks.https://www.amazon.com/ABI-Booster-Flowering-Spectrum-Enhancement/dp/B01H2Y5U4M
How much more can the different wavelength leds be?
IMO 660nm is close enough as none of these are monochromatic but have a spread of wavelengths around the nominal one.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
my question would be why are they so much. You can get a 660nm on amazon for 20 bucks.https://www.amazon.com/ABI-Booster-Flowering-Spectrum-Enhancement/dp/B01H2Y5U4M
IMO 660nm is close enough as none of these are monochromatic but have a spread of wavelengths around the nominal one.

This light from amazon has a fan in it that will be generating its own EMF, i would not want that light near my face or head. Light emitting diodes are not pure monochromatic but are very close and considered functionally monochromatic, cells absorb and utilize different wavelengths in different ways, and the shorter the wavelength the more energy each of its photons will have, look how different orange looks then red, they are different wavelengths and have overlapping but different beneficial effects.

x-ray peat

This light from amazon has a fan in it that will be generating its own EMF, i would not want that light near my face or head. Light emitting diodes are not pure monochromatic but are very close and considered functionally monochromatic, cells absorb and utilize different wavelengths in different ways, and the shorter the wavelength the more energy each of its photons will have, look how different orange looks then red, they are different wavelengths and have overlapping but different beneficial effects.
The $20 light is the same design as the 65 dollar light offered. There is no fan.

As for the different wavelengths I agree that the more variety is probably better (though we dont know that) but is it worth the extra cost? And getting back to my real question, why are the different wavelength leds so much more expensive

OP
LifeGivingStore
Well on redlightman it shows on one of the pictures the lamp attached to a clamp. Oh well! This is not the same lamp unfortunately..

Redlightmans lamp emits at 760nm and 830nm while lifegivingstores' lamp emits at 610nm, 630nm, and 670nm.

According to this graph from redlightmans sight their lamps emit at a wavelength that is closer to the cytochrome absorption , thought I don't know how crucial that is to red lights beneficial effects.

infrared-mini-wavelengths-600x506.jpg

Also with redlightmans lamp you'll be getting 200W/cm² at a distance of 10cm. With lifegivingstores' lamp you'll be getting half that at 100mW/cm² @ 4″ (3.9cm)

I'm still interested in purchasing @LifeGivingStore 's lamps as I plan on having them shine on me for considerable amount of time. But I do have some questions:

Will an increase in time spent under the lamp make up for the lack of wattage as compared to redlightmans lamp?
n truth, how beneficial are your orange and red leds as compared to his longer wavelength infared LED? His lamp seem more suited to red light therapy, especially considering the graph above.
The light in your post is a different light then the LGS1. However, we will also have the 760nm and 830nm light available very soon along with several other different lights.

Our LGS1 is the same exact specifications as the red light mini, nothing is different, except the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lollipop

The problem is @pimpnamedraypeat Amazon is such a cluster of cheap copies from China. I fell in that trap once - will never again. I simply do not trust for these kind of purchases. I actually trust @LifeGivingStore. Truth is she has already gained my trust from her cascara product which I purchased.

OP
LifeGivingStore
I have also been online and looking to buy 2 lights, but you are wanting the full shipping fee. So £49.50 to ship 2 lights ??? Is this correct ?
marsaday and I have been communicating over PM but I wanted to post this info in the thread.

At this time we are set up to ship internationally via USPS first class package retail. We are in the process of setting up with another major mail carrier, with better rates. By next week we should be completely set up and ready to go with that carrier. If you cannot wait till next week, we can ship via USPS first class package now. But we suggest waiting till next week if you are able so that you can get the shipping cost at a lower price. This thread will be updated when new international shipping is set up.

Thank you for your patience as we get the international shipping worked out and down to the lowest cost possible to save you as much money as we can in the end.

We sincerely appreciate the orders that have been made, thank you!

x-ray peat

The problem is @pimpnamedraypeat Amazon is such a cluster of cheap copies from China. I fell in that trap once - will never again. I simply do not trust for these kind of purchases. I actually trust @LifeGivingStore. Truth is she has already gained my trust from her cascara product which I purchased.
Everything is from China today as I am sure is the LGS one. Trust is definitely worth something but Amazon reviews also gives a level of trust. I checked the prices of different wavelength LEDs and they are all about the same, <$0.20 per unit and drops fast when bought in bulk.

Makrosky

Everything is from China today as I am sure is the LGS one. Trust is definitely worth something but Amazon reviews also gives a level of trust. I checked the prices of different wavelength LEDs and they are all about the same, <$0.20 per unit and drops fast when bought in bulk.
Well... I hope RLM and LGS do some tests on the lights when they assemble them to certify the wavelenght is the correct one. You can't really trust anything from China until you double-check it yourself. Imagine they send you incorrect wavelengths and you are emitting bluelight or defective or more power or infrared when you thought it was visible red, really, anything can happen. You need some quality control which I hope LGS is doing. You can get a light wavelength meter for 100 bucks.

x-ray peat

Well... I hope RLM and LGS do some tests on the lights when they assemble them to certify the wavelenght is the correct one. You can't really trust anything from China until you double-check it yourself. Imagine they send you incorrect wavelengths and you are emitting bluelight or defective or more power or infrared when you thought it was visible red, really, anything can happen. You need some quality control which I hope LGS is doing. You can get a light wavelength meter for 100 bucks.
caution is always a good thing but in the case of leds I think the technology is old enough and established enough that you can trust the wavelength they are selling. Mainly because these LEDs are used primarily in areas where they have to be the correct wavelength while in red light therapy it doesnt have to be so precise.

Last edited:

milk_lover

I bought the same exact thing from the Red Light man.. The guy must be fuming now because it's even the same percentages of the three wavelengths..

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
You have not included price of shipping said units, price of custom cord for said unit, price of shipping cord for said unit, bank or paypal fees for cords and lights, packaging, labels, information sheets, overhead of running a business, etc, and then some profit.

The lights she is providing are great quality. She is aware that there are cheaper made lights on the market and she knows that she could have brought the cheaper made $20-$30 lights to market. However her intentions were to bring a high quality light, for an affordable price. I believe that the price on these high quality LED red light therapy devices are very fair, and frankly, I think they are great. Knowing what she has in it, I cannot see any issue with the price she is charging.

Karl Denninger explains below how Amazon does business, with intentions to destroy all other businesses:
Karl Denninger said:
Refer to the table in this article -- note how Amazon is turning nearly a negative 20%margin on goods sold not including SG&A (that is, their sales and administrative expenses, such as the buildings and their employees) but only counting the cost of goods sold and their fulfillment (shipping and warehousing) expense.
The United States of SCAmazon

Last edited:

x-ray peat

You have not included price of shipping said units, price of custom cord for said unit, price of shipping cord for said unit, bank or paypal fees for cords and lights, packaging, labels, information sheets, overhead of running a business, etc, and then some profit.
I obviously am not saying that the lights should cost 20 cents. I was only pointing out that the different wavelength LEDs all cost around the same so I cant figure out why my $20 grow light which I am very happy with is 1/3 the price of this and 1/5 the price of redman's.

The lights she is providing are great quality. She is aware that there are cheaper made lights on the market and she knows that she could have brought the cheaper made $20-$30 lights to market. However her intentions were to bring a high quality light, for an affordable price. I believe that the price on these high quality LED red light therapy devices are very fair, and frankly, I think they are great. Knowing what she has in it, I cannot see any issue with the price she is charging.
She and Redman can charge whatever they want obviously but if they post to a forum like this in order to sell their product they should expect a few questions. If the LED's or electronics in their device are different than the one I posted then that would be a start.

Karl Denninger explains below how Amazon does business, with intentions to destroy all other businesses:
The United States of SCAmazon
yes its called predatory pricing and it used to be illegal, or should I say it used to be enforced. However in this case the term Price Discrimination may be more appropriate.

Last edited:

peatmás

I have no horse in the race.

It is difficult to compare color wavelength lightbulbs, on a consumer level, because lumen equivalents are not listed. However, the ABI light listed for comparison price is a 12X2 Watt LED bulb. The LGS bulb is a 12X3 Watt bulb, with multiple wavelengths. It is likely that the LGS bulb emits more lumens, as well as multiple wavelengths. ABI does list a 18X3 Watt red LED bulb on Amazon that is pricier than the one mentioned, but lower cost than the LGS bulb.

A few years ago, this range of bulbs were much higher priced and sold through greenhouse supply distributors. Before that, there was little access to red LED bulbs at all. It’s likely that manufacturing and consumer costs will continue to drop for colored bulbs. In the meantime, it is fortunate to have these sources, compared to years past.

The light in your post is a different light then the LGS1. However, we will also have the 760nm and 830nm light available very soon along with several other different lights.

Our LGS1 is the same exact specifications as the red light mini, nothing is different, except the price.

Sometimes I forget how dumb I really am. Thanks for the reminder.

@x-ray peat amazon is a jesuit run operation to shut down small businesses and take over means of production mannn

OP
LifeGivingStore
I have no horse in the race.

It is difficult to compare color wavelength lightbulbs, on a consumer level, because lumen equivalents are not listed. However, the ABI light listed for comparison price is a 12X2 Watt LED bulb. The LGS bulb is a 12X3 Watt bulb, with multiple wavelengths. It is likely that the LGS bulb emits more lumens, as well as multiple wavelengths. ABI does list a 18X3 Watt red LED bulb on Amazon that is pricier than the one mentioned, but lower cost than the LGS bulb.

A few years ago, this range of bulbs were much higher priced and sold through greenhouse supply distributors. Before that, there was little access to red LED bulbs at all. It’s likely that manufacturing and consumer costs will continue to drop for colored bulbs. In the meantime, it is fortunate to have these sources, compared to years past.
peatmas, thank you for posting. I think I need to clarify on the wattages, I have updated the website to be more clearer and will also update the stickers and information sheets tonight.

The bulbs are 3 watt bulbs but the manufacturer of the lights will not run them at 3 watts in these small handheld devices due to excessive heat build up so they run the bulbs at 1.5 watts. After all is said and finished the LGS1 draws about 18 watts at the wall with a north American plug. I am not sure how much it draws in other countries but it is set up to accept worldwide voltages. Red Light Mans bulbs are setup and ran the same way and pull the same amount of watts, I have his lights and have tested them myself.

OP
LifeGivingStore
18w does not seem very powerful... how long do you recommend using it? Continual exposure while working at a desk?
At 4 inches the power density is 100mW/cm² for which we recommend to start with 30 seconds and see how you respond, but no more then 1 minute maximum per area treated. Due to the 30 degree lens the light is highly concentrated for maximum penetration. There are threads on the forum discussing power density and dosing. I suggest reading those and also reading studies where red light therapy has been done on a condition you might be interested in treating go from there.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals