Red Light Man Full Body Device

tankasnowgod

So, I recently purchased the Full Body Combo Light from Red Light Man. I've had the device just under two weeks, but already feel like this thing is a major game changer when it comes to doing any sort of Red Light Therapy. I just wanted to detail some of the things I've noticed since getting this device, in case anyone else is thinking about it. It is a bit pricey, but in my opinion, totally worth the price.

LIGHT YOU CAN FEEL- I noticed that, within a minute of using it, I can feel where the 670nm light hits, as my skin gets warmer. And it's not heat from the device. Oddly, I don't notice this from the 830 nm panels, but that might be due to the fact that that wavelength penetrates deeper.

RAISES BODY TEMP QUICKLY- I used this a few times just after waking and taking my temperature. Upon waking, it was 97.8-98.0. After using for 5-10 minutes, it measured 98.6-98.8. Shining it directly on the thyroid helps this, but I noticed this effect once when using it only on the lower body.

HELPS GI ISSUES?- I had some minor constipation for a few weeks, but the device seems to have resolved those issues, and things have "normalized." I don't know if it's been studied much, but I think IR light might be great for a variety of GI issues. One of the 830nm panels is right at stomach level.

BETTER SLEEP- I've slept very well since getting this device, despite dealing with some fairly stressful situations both at work and in my personal life. I did cut out more nighttime blue light exposure, right around the same time.

BETTER MOOD
- Similar to the above, I have found my mood to be remarkably good considering what is currently going on. (note- I'm also doing low dose lithium right now, and that could certainly be a factor)

EXCELLENT SKIN- I've noticed that my skin is looking the best I can remember it ever being. Again, I am using a Niacinamide spray pretty religiously right now, and that has made more dramatic improvements in my skin than anything else I've tried, but I suspect a synergistic effect with red light.

Those are the things I've noticed so far, but I'm thrilled with those results. I also suspect this is part of an excellent NAD+ raising protocol (Red Light, Oral and Topical Niacinamide, Methylene Blue, and Lithium). I think a lot of benefits take weeks or months to really be noticed, but the early returns are fantastic.

Last edited:
T

tca300

Red light is one of the most noticeably beneficial things I have ever added to my life. Diet, thyroid, and red light are life changing by themselves, but used together can be extraordinary, and possibly make you superhuman, or feel like it anyways :D:emoji_tangerine::emoji_pineapple::emoji_milk::emoji_watermelon:

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Red light is one of the most noticeably beneficial things I have ever added to my life. Diet, thyroid, and red light are life changing by themselves, but used together can be extraordinary, and possibly make you superhuman, or feel like it anyways :D:emoji_tangerine::emoji_pineapple::emoji_milk::emoji_watermelon:

Totally agree. I have seen great improvements from diet, thyroid, and low level movement/exercise (think walking, weight training, and things that might be considered "play"), but red light feels like it was a huuuuuuuuuuge missing piece.

Orion

Totally agree. I have seen great improvements from diet, thyroid, and low level movement/exercise (think walking, weight training, and things that might be considered "play"), but red light feels like it was a huuuuuuuuuuge missing piece.

Where are you shining and for what time lengths. I use one too, just curious, I usually have about 20mins in the morning divided up; face, neck, torso, scalp...

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Where are you shining and for what time lengths. I use one too, just curious, I usually have about 20mins in the morning divided up; face, neck, torso, scalp...

Trying to get full body exposure, about 10 minutes in the morning or afternoon, 10 minutes at night. Most of that is from feet to chest. I do try and get some exposure to the thyroid, scalp, and for the mouth and teeth (based on the oral health blog post on RLM), probably a couple minutes for those.

Orion

Trying to get full body exposure, about 10 minutes in the morning or afternoon, 10 minutes at night. Most of that is from feet to chest. I do try and get some exposure to the thyroid, scalp, and for the mouth and teeth (based on the oral health blog post on RLM), probably a couple minutes for those.

Sounds good, how close are you to the light? I keep it within probably ~1 foot away from body and very close to the face/scalp/neck.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Sounds good, how close are you to the light? I keep it within probably ~1 foot away from body and very close to the face/scalp/neck.

Probably about the same, maybe a bit closer than a foot. The dose is for 20 cm away, which if about 8 inches, and I'd say that's about what I do.

Have you noticed any benefits yourself? Had it for very long?

Orion

Probably about the same, maybe a bit closer than a foot. The dose is for 20 cm away, which if about 8 inches, and I'd say that's about what I do.

Have you noticed any benefits yourself? Had it for very long?

It doesn't make me feel like I have had direct sunlight, I get a real positive mental boost from sunbathing. But I do think its been beneficial to me through the dark winter months.

Been using it for about 6months

Bartman5

Sounds like some awesome benefits you are experiencing. I am really considering buying a red/ infrared lamp. Been reading all the info there is on redlightman and it is fascinating.

Ron J

In another thread I think you may have insinuated that there is no substitute for sunlight; something about bone metabolism. I can't find it because I forgot which thread and I can't access your comments. I'm using incandescent, red light(660nm I think), as well as an UVB light source.

tfcjesse

Is there a recommended lamp/alternative to the expensive one you're using? I tried using a R40 250 watt red heat lamp, but didn't notice any benefits and if anything it made the skin on my face look more aged. I don't think that was the best bulb to use.

(I've seen the 660nm grow lamp posted around here, does anyone have good experience with that one?)

Last edited:

aarfai

Great to hear it's working so well! May I ask what your red light routine is?

T

tca300

@Ron J If I lived where it was sunny everyday, I probably wouldn’t own a red light device. But its not sunny a lot of the time where Im at.

T

tca300

@aarfai Every 2 hours I run a red light over all of my reachable skin, and after Im done I go over and concentrate on specific areas for another few minutes. A lot of the time in between the 2 hours Im usually under 2 250watt 130volt infrared clear heat lamps.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Is there a recommended lamp/alternative to the expensive one you're using? I tried using a R40 250 watt red heat lamp, but didn't notice any benefits and if anything it made the skin on my face look more aged. I don't think that was the best bulb to use.

(I've seen the 660nm grow lamp posted around here, does anyone have good experience with that one?)

There are many cheaper alternatives, but I don't know of any that have the coverage of the device I'm using. Other full body devices (like the Joovv) are more expensive. I also have some heat lamps, the pure red grow lights, an ultrafire red flashlight, and some of the IR illuminators. I would check out Dan Wich's toxinless.com, as he wrote a great guide to some of the cheaper red light alternatives.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Hi tankasnowgod, can I ask what niacinamide spray you're using?

Sometimes, I use Solban from idealabs, but I also make my own with niacinamide powder, vodka, and water. I did that so I could use it at night, as the Solban includes caffiene.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

In another thread I think you may have insinuated that there is no substitute for sunlight; something about bone metabolism. I can't find it because I forgot which thread and I can't access your comments. I'm using incandescent, red light(660nm I think), as well as an UVB light source.

I don't think any of these things can replace sunlight, and I still like to go outside and get sun exposure when I can. But I think red/infrared can be beneficial in addition to sun exposure, plus, you can keep your exposure to blue and ultraviolet light in the moderate range.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Sounds like some awesome benefits you are experiencing. I am really considering buying a red/ infrared lamp. Been reading all the info there is on redlightman and it is fascinating.

Yeah, Joe (aka RedLightMan) has some great info on his blog, and great posts on this forum, too. Most other consumer level devices use 660nm, not 670nm, and 850nm for infrared, as opposed to 830nm. The more I looked into it, the more his devices stood out as unique, and totally worth the cost.

ddjd

ta
So, I recently purchased the Full Body Combo Light from Red Light Man. I've had the device just under two weeks, but already feel like this thing is a major game changer when it comes to doing any sort of Red Light Therapy. I just wanted to detail some of the things I've noticed since getting this device, in case anyone else is thinking about it. It is a bit pricey, but in my opinion, totally worth the price.

LIGHT YOU CAN FEEL- I noticed that, within a minute of using it, I can feel where the 670nm light hits, as my skin gets warmer. And it's not heat from the device. Oddly, I don't notice this from the 830 nm panels, but that might be due to the fact that that wavelength penetrates deeper.

RAISES BODY TEMP QUICKLY- I used this a few times just after waking and taking my temperature. Upon waking, it was 97.8-98.0. After using for 5-10 minutes, it measured 98.6-98.8. Shining it directly on the thyroid helps this, but I noticed this effect once when using it only on the lower body.

HELPS GI ISSUES?- I had some minor constipation for a few weeks, but the device seems to have resolved those issues, and things have "normalized." I don't know if it's been studied much, but I think IR light might be great for a variety of GI issues. One of the 830nm panels is right at stomach level.

BETTER SLEEP- I've slept very well since getting this device, despite dealing with some fairly stressful situations both at work and in my personal life. I did cut out more nighttime blue light exposure, right around the same time.

BETTER MOOD
- Similar to the above, I have found my mood to be remarkably good considering what is currently going on. (note- I'm also doing low dose lithium right now, and that could certainly be a factor)

EXCELLENT SKIN- I've noticed that my skin is looking the best I can remember it ever being. Again, I am using a Niacinamide spray pretty religiously right now, and that has made more dramatic improvements in my skin than anything else I've tried, but I suspect a synergistic effect with red light.

Those are the things I've noticed so far, but I'm thrilled with those results. I also suspect this is part of an excellent NAD+ raising protocol (Red Light, Oral and Topical Niacinamide, Methylene Blue, and Lithium). I think a lot of benefits take weeks or months to really be noticed, but the early returns are fantastic.

sorry which is the exact device you purchased. id like to look into buying the same one

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals