LGS1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Handheld Device - 610nm - 630nm - 670nm

Arnold Grape

Since my last (dubious) post concerning the LSG1, I felt the need to update. Since that time I have spent 10-15 minutes shining it on disparate portions of my face and body for different periods of time, about three times daily. (For this I have just used a holistic approach, and 'what feels right'.) As previously reported, there is some type of 'warming effect' that is had from the light after sustained periods but by no means is it hot or burning. I've also spent time gazing directly into the light and then closing my eyes, when that seems too much. (As reported by another member, this seems highly beneficial.) There seems to be a transition into getting used to longer durations of experiencing the light and I believe that I am building up. Without realizing it entirely, as a component of overall health in conjunction with various other things in place -- there is generally a feeling of well being and clarity that I can report after usage. I'm not sure that I can always directly relate it to sustained body temperature increase, but there is definitely an energy value and I can feel when I miss my afternoon session of light therapy at home -- if I am at work or wherever. It's a nice thing to have during these months where I reside, when I look outside into bleak, cloudy skies. If anyone has further suggestions about how to use the light, I welcome those things.

L

lollipop

I also want to report about my usage.

Over the last few weeks I varied between every day and every other day. I use 30 sec to 1 min on each part:

*Thyroid/Neck
*Hands
*Forearms
*Belly
*Feet
*Legs
*Face/forehead

I have noticed better temps even as outside temperature is beginning to drop. Definitely better overall sense of well-being and stress reduction.

I simply LOVE this inexpensive way to improve my health. It is a powerful light and I feel I found the sweet spot for me: regular use, multiple body parts, small time exposure. I am now realizing that using this light would be an amazing first step into experiencing a Peat inspired lifestyle and then gradually shifting diet.

raypeatclips

Over the last few weeks I varied between every day and every other day. I use 30 sec to 1 min on each part:

*Thyroid/Neck
*Hands
*Forearms
*Belly
*Feet
*Legs
*Face/forehead

I have noticed better temps even as outside temperature is beginning to drop. Definitely better overall sense of well-being and stress reduction.

I simply LOVE this inexpensive way to improve my health. It is a powerful light and I feel I found the sweet spot for me: regular use, multiple body parts, small time exposure. I am now realizing that using this light would be an amazing first step into experiencing a Peat inspired lifestyle and then gradually shifting diet.

How far away from your body is the light during these times?

Dizzy45

*Thyroid/Neck
*Hands
*Forearms
*Belly
*Feet
*Legs
*Face/forehead

At 4" ? Or what distance are you holding it from while shining on those locations? That variable obviously affects dosage. I have the LGS1 and apply in same manner as you probably are doing, but higher dosages on my Thyoid (~30 J/ cm^2)

Arnold Grape

*Thyroid/Neck
*Hands
*Forearms
*Belly
*Feet
*Legs
*Face/forehead

How do you feel if you go above the indicated short time exposure, just so as to mark this as a reference for people possibly using the light too long? I think that is an important distinction. For me personally, I can hold the light over my face and neck for prolonged periods, with only a general sense of brain fog or discomfort setting in at a longer duration. I was curious about how you gauge holding the light too long?

L

lollipop

At 4" ? Or what distance are you holding it from while shining on those locations? That variable obviously affects dosage. I have the LGS1 and apply in same manner as you probably are doing, but higher dosages on my Thyoid (~30 J/ cm^2)
Yeah hard to be extremely accurate as I hold it in my hand. However I make the attempt when beginning and try to hold it steady. I started out at arms length away - so maybe 2 ft? Sorry to not have accuracy. Then I decided after reading an @Sucrates post somewhere that I would bring a bit closer and I felt it improved. Does that explain or help you at all?

L

lollipop

How do you feel if you go above the indicated short time exposure, just so as to mark this as a reference for people possibly using the light too long? I think that is an important distinction. For me personally, I can hold the light over my face and neck for prolonged periods, with only a general sense of brain fog or discomfort setting in at a longer duration. I was curious about how you gauge holding the light too long?
Great question. It happened only once and mainly because I started daydreaming - lol. However, I felt slightly drained and got up to drink a 6 oz glass of milk with my vanilla infused maple syrup. I felt better almost instantly. Based on this I would say the word “drained” explains it accurately, sort of began using my energy instead of giving me energy.

My main caution @Arnold Grape is that I want to use this long term and am concerned with overexposure long term damaging the mitochondria. I must be transparent here. I have not retained all that I have read about red light so this could be a tribal, unsupported fear.

Arnold Grape

^^TY -- As an aside, I typically do tend to perform red light therapy after I have eaten or had something sugary. I think this is an important distinction. Additionally (not related), I have found that, as someone else reported, shining the light directly into the eyes while that feels comfortable, does in fact increase mental clarity for long periods afterward.

L

lollipop

I have found that, as someone else reported, shining the light directly into the eyes while that feels comfortable, does in fact increase mental clarity for long periods afterward.
Interesting! I might try it for a few weeks and see. This might be where I go back to further distance like a foot. How close are you using it @Arnold Grape?

As another side Sucrates mentioned that he was shining in his ears and getting good results. I think from headaches? Am I wrong here @Sucrates?

Sucrates

Interesting! I might try it for a few weeks and see. This might be where I go back to further distance like a foot. How close are you using it @Arnold Grape?

As another side Sucrates mentioned that he was shining in his ears and getting good results. I think from headaches? Am I wrong here @Sucrates?

@lisaferraro Tinnitus. It seems to help a bit. The tinnitus comes back and decreases when I use IR. It's a 150mw 808nm laser shone from outside the ear for about 30s. Not directions but that's what I have been doing.
I haven't noticed any effect on headaches from LEDs. The heat from heatlamps can cause problems though.

I've been using the redlightman 670 device on my thyroid thinking it would reduce my graves antibodies. I now think the dose might have been high and inhibitory on hormone production primarily (though the ab tests I have show them slowly coming down too). I really would need more data to make a strong case and I've been on anti-thyroid meds and LDN so there's no way to read those things separately.

L

lollipop

@lisaferraro Tinnitus. It seems to help a bit. The tinnitus comes back and decreases when I use IR. It's a 150mw 808nm laser shone from outside the ear for about 30s. Not directions but that's what I have been doing.
I haven't noticed any effect on headaches from LEDs. The heat from heatlamps can cause problems though.

I've been using the redlightman 670 device on my thyroid thinking it would reduce my graves antibodies. I now think the dose might have been high and inhibitory on hormone production primarily (though the ab tests I have show them slowly coming down too). I really would need more data to make a strong case and I've been on anti-thyroid meds and LDN so there's no way to read those things separately.
Thank you for clarifying @Sucrates :):

Simba1992

We are so super excited to bring to you a device that is making a difference in many lives, the Life Giving Store Orange & Red Light Therapy Handheld Device, also known as the LGS1.

As many of you all know, orange and red light has been quite the talk of the forum lately due to the awesome metabolic effects that this light produces. We aim to make this light device as affordable to everyone as we can so that more people can get into the benefits of this awesome metabolic stimulator. Winter is closing in fast on the Northern Hemisphere and now is the best time to supplement red light to keep that metabolism up and beat the winter blues. And what a great Christmas present this would be to a friend or family member, the gift of life, the gift of light.

Here are the wavelengths of our Orange and Red Light Therapy Handheld Device (LGS1):

610nm – Orange Red - 3 LED's
630nm – Red - 3 LED's
670nm – Deep Red - 6 LED's

= Totaling 12 LED's

Ray Peat has said many things regarding red light, we will add those quotes below.

We hope you are as excited as us about offering the LGS1 to the community! From our family to yours, we know you will love this product and it will help you by "Delivering Energy to your Life!".

Sincerely,
The Life Giving Store Family

Quote from Ray Peat about red light:

"Penetrating red light is possibly the fundamental anti-stress factor for all organisms. The chronic deficiency of such light is, I think, the best explanation for the deterioration which occurs with aging. Enzyme changes, free radical changes, structural and respiratory changes are all involved as consequences of darkness stress."

"It turns out that the meaning of "excess estrogen" has to be interpreted in relation to the balance of estrogen (and the multitude of factors which mimic estrogen's effects) with all of the antiestrogen factors. I have concentrated on thyroid, progesterone, and red light as the most important factors that protect against estrogen, and these all turn out to be protective against stress, shock, ionizing radiation, free radicals, lipid peroxidation, thymic atrophy, osteoporosis, arthritis, scleroderma, apoptotic cell death, and other problems that are involved in tissue degeneration or aging.."

Ray Peat

"Subnormal temperatures cause a shift from phagocytosis to inflammation. Light, especially the red light which penetrates easily into tissues, activates the formation of new cells as well as their differentiation. It affects energy production, increasing the formation of mitochondria, and the activity of the DNA methyltransferase enzymes. Red light accelerates wound healing, and improves the quality of the scar, reducing the amount of fibrosis."

Stem cells, cell culture, and culture: Issues in regeneration

"(Chemically, the meaning of “a pigment” is that it’s a chemical which selectively absorbs radiation. Old observations such as Warburg’s, that visible light can restore the activity of the “respiratory pigments,” showed without doubt that visible light is biochemically active. By the 1960s, several studies had been published showing the inhibition of respiratory enzymes by blue light, and their activation by red light. The problem to be explained is why the science culture simply couldn’t accept crucial facts of that sort.)"

"Cytochrome oxidase is one of the enzymes damaged by stress and by blue light, and activated or restored by red light, thyroid, and progesterone. It's a copper enzyme, so it's likely to be damaged by excess iron. It is most active when it is associated with a mitochondrial lipid, cardiolipin, that contains saturated palmitic acid; the substitution of polyunsaturated fats lowers its activity. Mitochonrial function in general is poisoned by the unsaturated fats, especially arachidonic acid and DHA."

"The pituitary hormones, especially prolactin and TSH, are pro-inflammatory, and darkness increases TSH along with prolactin, so to compensate for a light deficiency, the pituitary should be well-suppressed by adequate thyroid. Armour thyroid or Thyrolar or Cynoplus, Cytomel, would probably be helpful. (Eye-drops containing T3 might be a way to restore metabolic activity more quickly.) Limiting water intake (or using salt generously) helps to inhibit prolactin secretion. The saturated fats protect against the body's stored PUFA, and keeping the blood sugar up keeps the stored fats from being mobilized. Aspirin (or indomethacin) is generally protective to the retina, analogously to its protection against sunburn. Adequate vitamin E is extremely important. There are several prescription drugs that protect against serotonin excess, but thyroid and gelatin (or glycine, as in magnesium glycinate) are protective against the serotonin and melatonin toxicities. Copper and magnesium deficiencies predispose to retinal damage. Red light is protective, blue light (or u.v.) is harmful, so wearing orange lenses would be helpful. Progesterone and pregnenolone, by reducing the stress reactions, should be helpful--in the eye diseases of infancy and old age, as they are in the respiratory distress syndromes."

Aging Eyes, Infant Eyes, and Excitable Tissues

"When the body temperature is very much below normal, mental functioning is seriously limited. I think the first question that should be asked about a demented person is "is this the cold brain syndrome, or is something else involved?" When it is known that the brain has shrunken drastically, and filled up with plaques and developed gliosis, we know that something more than a "cold brain" is involved, but we don't know how much function could be regained if the hormones were normalized. Every moment of malfunction probably leaves its structural mark. Early or late, it is good to prevent the functional errors that lead to further damage, and to give the regenerative systems an opportunity to work. Before the final "calcium death" described (above) by Fujita, there are many opportunities for intervening to stop or reverse the process. The older the person is, the more emphasis should be put on protective inhibition, rather than immediately increasing energy production. Magnesium, carbon dioxide, sleep, red light, and naloxone might be appropriate at the beginning of therapy."

The problem of Alzheimer's disease as a clue to immortality Part 2

"Often, a small physiological dose of natural hydrocortisone can help the patient meet the stress, without causing harmful side-effects. While treating the symptoms with cortisone for a short time, it is important to try to learn the basic cause of the problem, by checking for hypothyroidism, vitamin A deficiency, protein deficiency, a lack of sunlight, etc. (I suspect that light on the skin directly increases the skin's production of steroids, without depending on other organs. Different steroids probably involve different frequencies of light, but orange and red light seem to be important frequencies.) Using cortisone in this way, physiologically rather than pharmacologically, it is not likely to cause the serious problems mentioned above."

Blocking Tissue Destruction

"Even ultraviolet light can produce electronic excitation and bystander effects that destabilize cells, but, unlike gamma rays and x-rays, ultraviolet light doesn't penetrate deeply into the body. In visible light, it is only the red component that can pass deeply into the tissue, and it happens that red light is able to "quench" many excited electrons, restoring them to their normal resting or ground state. In a solid material,such as a seed or hair or bone, excited electrons will persist for a long time (hours in the seed and hair, years in bone), but with a brief exposure to red light, they will return to their normal state. This beneficial effect of the red component of sunlight helps to keep plants from being sunburned. If the red light is removed from sunlight, even the blue light by itself is quickly toxic to their mitochondria. Duringthe night animals' respiratory enzymes lose some of their effectiveness, possibly from the effects of random lipid peroxidation, and red light restores their activity."

Radiation and Growth January 2011 Newsletter

Buy the LED Orange and Red Light Therapy Handheld Device(LGS1) Here!

I just received my new more efficient red light device LGS10. I wonder is it broken since there is no visible light?

OP
LifeGivingStore
I just received my new more efficient red light device LGS10. I wonder is it broken since there is no visible light?
Hi Simba1992, the light you have is infrared. Infrared light is barely visible to the human eye. You can see a very slight red tint, but that is about it. Only about 5% of the light is visible, so the other 95% is not. You can however take your phone that has a camera, if you have one, and look at the light through the camera. Then you should be able to see it fairly well that way.

How to See Infared Light

And just because you can barely see the light, does not mean it is less powerful. Quite the contrary. It has more penetrating power then the visible red light. Less is more!

Les us know how it goes!

Simba1992

Hi Simba1992, the light you have is infrared. Infrared light is barely visible to the human eye. You can see a very slight red tint, but that is about it. Only about 5% of the light is visible, so the other 95% is not. You can however take your phone that has a camera, if you have one, and look at the light through the camera. Then you should be able to see it fairly well that way.

How to See Infared Light

And just because you can barely see the light, does not mean it is less powerful. Quite the contrary. It has more penetrating power then the visible red light. Less is more!

Les us know how it goes!

Thanks! I do feel the warmth and the faint red light is there. So no problem.

Dizzy45

Thanks! I do feel the warmth and the faint red light is there. So no problem.
I was curious about having a 100% IR light and this happening. I'm glad to hear of the lifehack with using a phone to confirm its shining!

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I have been shining the light through my open eyes for over a year with excellent results, using the same light as LGS1, i hold 3”- 5” from nose centered over the eyes, for 4-8 minuets, 5-7 days a week in the mornings.

My mother has been doing the same, also she holds light on her thyroid, touching the skin for 5-8 min, for first few months she did almost every day, now she does 2-3 times a week. She does her eyes 4-5 times a week, she also likes putting light on abdomen areas, touching the skin or 2-3” away for 4-5 min each location. She is in her 80s and has had a amazing beneficial increase in her heath, energy and emotional wellbeing.

Sometimes there can be a relaxation response right after using the light, i always do light sessions siting or lying down comfortably on a sofa or bed, and just relax after the light for a few minuets of so, kind of like doing Savasana at the end of a yoga practice.

If you do light therapy consistently your nutritional needs will change, i started really needing lots of orange juice or lemonade every day and more protein.

Simba1992

Have any of you used the 100% IR? Is the treatment time shorter with this divice? I would very much like to hear how you have experienced it. I bought this light because of the deeper penetration and because it was recommended for treatment of RA. Thankful for any info.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Have any of you used the 100% IR? Is the treatment time shorter with this divice? I would very much like to hear how you have experienced it. I bought this light because of the deeper penetration and because it was recommended for treatment of RA. Thankful for any info.

I feel orange and red visible light is a better choice for light therapy then infrared for a few reasons most important is i find it works better.

I think the light this thread is about the LGS1 is a much better choice then infrared lights.

The infrared light may penetrated deeper layers of tissue but its scattered light, the photons have less energy, the shorter the wavelengths more energy each photon has, red light photons have more energy then infrared light photons, and even shorter wavelengths like orange have more energy per photon then red, our cells really like orange and red wavelengths.

Water molecules absorb the infrared spectrum more readily then red and orange wavelengths, so the light gets dispersed and diluted more when going through the water molecules in our skin and other tissue and does not reach the mitochondria of our cells as efficiently as orange and red 600 nm - 700 nm wavelengths.

I have personally experiment long times with both visible orang/red light and infrared light. The infrared light is stimulating and does have a effect , but i found orange /red light much more satisfying and effective, and very important to me is i find my mind and emotions much more uplifted with the orange/red wavelengths, then the infrared wavelengths.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals