Red Light Man Full Body Device

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

@tankasnowgod @tca300
Is there a reason why, or just speculating? It would suck if we can't get all the benefits from light devices.
"Reason for what?"
*edit: In regards to not being able to get as many benefits from light devices compared to sunlight.

Not necessarily "as many," but they are different. The sun is full spectrum of visible light, plus UV and Infrared. So, it can provide things like a tan and vitamin D, which a Red/Infrared device can't. However, a red light device can give you a higher dose, or a dose without excessive UV and Blue. There's a blog post on RLM about this very thing- Red Light Therapy vs Sunlight - Red Light Man

Eilee

I am wondering about the difference between this combo light and the Joovv combo light?

This light uses 830 nm rather than 850, which might be a bit better. But each panel is either red or NIR, instead of the diodes mixed together on each panel like the Joovv. I don't like this, because you don't really have control over which parts of your body are receiving the red or NIR. For example, I might want the red on my face for anti-aging, but at the same time wouldn't mind the NIR to address thyroid. Also, I'm not sure red panels on my torso would feel as useful as the NIR, which penetrates deeper and will be more likely to address systemic inflammation.

I Am not sure how to weigh the benefits of one over the other.

jyb

I have been using whole body red light for a few months. I also have used red light man's red light device for over one year. I notice dramatic improvements in my health. Right now, a knee that has always bothered me is me no more pain. That's just one example.

I use the joov full body red light device, and the redlightman red light for spot treatment of my prostate, testicles, mouth and other bits.

I've been using it on my thyroid for some time too.

I've used the standard small red light one. A few minutes on the stomach here and there. Not tried the full body one, looks like it would be more convenient and save time but not sure if it's worth the investment.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

I am wondering about the difference between this combo light and the Joovv combo light?

This light uses 830 nm rather than 850, which might be a bit better. But each panel is either red or NIR, instead of the diodes mixed together on each panel like the Joovv. I don't like this, because you don't really have control over which parts of your body are receiving the red or NIR. For example, I might want the red on my face for anti-aging, but at the same time wouldn't mind the NIR to address thyroid. Also, I'm not sure red panels on my torso would feel as useful as the NIR, which penetrates deeper and will be more likely to address systemic inflammation.

I Am not sure how to weigh the benefits of one over the other.

Well, I find the individual panels give me more control over where I get red or infrared. Plus, there are individual switches. I think with the Joovv, you would get a mixture all over (if you choose the red/infrared option). You can email Joe at RLM, he's great at responding. You might try contacting Joovv as well.

Eilee

You can turn the panels on and off, but you can't move them around to lower the red or raise the NIR, etc so you are stuck with them in a certain location once the thing is made. That's my concern.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Just ordered Combo Bodylight 2.0. Very excited to see how it works for athletic recovery as well as chronic diseases' such as Parkinson's disease.

Peater

Recently treated myself to the Red Light Device. Anyone else use this? I guess a whole body 'treatment' would have to be done in stages

I use it every day, a joovv unit that is 1000 watts. 11 minutes a day, then spot use with the RedLight Device from RedLightMan, on testicles, prostate, thyroid, mouth.

I've found subtle but real improvements overall, quite significant.

OP
tankasnowgod

tankasnowgod

Just ordered Combo Bodylight 2.0. Very excited to see how it works for athletic recovery as well as chronic diseases' such as Parkinson's disease.

Awesome. Be great if you can keep updated. The 2.0 model looks even more awesome than the one I have. If I can justify another Red Light Splurge at some point, I might just go for it. It just looks freaking awesome.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Awesome. Be great if you can keep updated. The 2.0 model looks even more awesome than the one I have. If I can justify another Red Light Splurge at some point, I might just go for it. It just looks freaking awesome.

Will keep updated on here as best I can. How is your experience going so far, any further benefits to report?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Soren

Forum Supporter
Got the combo bodylight today and gave it my first use. Too early to tell if any benefit but I am confident. It is a bit smaller than I imagined it, I might buy a second to get total body coverage but given how the light projects that might not be necessary.

Overall it seems to be a very well put together machine.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Most studies on the skin tend to stick to the sub-100mW/cm2 light intensity range. It does seem that if you go over that then the results are relatively worse (although still positive/beneficial), even at the same total dose.
So 100mW/cm2 light for 10 minutes would be better than 200mW/cm2 light for 5 minutes for most skin applications.
Therefore I would agree that with most devices, achieving the dose over a longer time from slightly further away would give better results for the skin.
I think the main problem with higher intensity skin application is not 'overloading the cells' but just skin hyperthermia - the cells don't function that well when the intense light (e.g. 500mW/cm2) inadvertently heats them up. I have seen studies with high intensity lasers/LEDs that were pressed onto the skin, but also used an active cooling system to maintain normal skin body temperature, and results were good.

If you want to target deeper tissue however, the best way to use light is different than for the skin. You need to use higher light intensities (of near-infrared) - 100mW/cm2 - 250mW/cm2. This is because the light needs to be more intense to penetrate deeper into the body. So it's sort of like the opposite of how to use it on the skin - 200mW/cm2 for 5 minutes would likely give better results for something like joint arthritis than 100mW/cm2 for 10 minutes would.

I'm trying to determine a regime for the whole body 2.0 product whereby each light session that will cover the whole body and get both the benefit of skin improvements and deeper tissue in the same session.

According to the tech specs provided for the total body at 7.5cm you get a power density of 200mW/cm2. At this distance I feel like it is difficult for the light to reach the entire side of the body that it will be facing and instead be focused on a narrower region. Perhaps I am wrong and the light diffuses and spreads out better than I can readily observe. If it is true that it is a narrower region would one still be able to get the same deep tissue penetration benefit whilst standing at a distance of 20cm-50cm for a longer period of time or is it essential that one stands closer to increase power density?

Also if anyone has any thoughts on what is the best regime to follow for total body deep tissue and skin exposure. Many thanks.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Ok small update in the form of an anecdotal story. Recently I took a supplement that I believe lowered my cortisol levels too much which resulted in whole body aches and pains. This was particularly bad because it was after a workout when I believe the body probably needs a bit of cortisol to deal with the inflammation. A couple of hours after taking the supplement I felt awful, body aches and pains like I had the flu. Came home and immediately used the total body device as close as I could for about two minutes on each section of my body to get as deep penetration as possible. This significantly reduced the aches in my body. I am not entirely sure what the mechanism that would do this is but it helped a lot. This morning I still ache quite a bit and am considering using the device again but I am unsure if that will be redundant and just result in over exposure. It should be noted that I did take two ibuprofen as well however they take a bit of time to kick in where as the effect from the light was instant.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Update: I'm not sure if it's my training but I have definitely lost some fat in my midsection where I have been using the full body light.

I usually use it for ten minutes front and back right before training. I train using gymnastic rings and weights for lower body.

Tzheng2012

Did you ever find out the proper protocol for using the whole body 2.0 product? Standing closer vs further etc?

Do you notice any improvements in skin such as softness antiaging etc

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals