Testosterone Red Light Protocol?

vulture

i use this one...it was cheap like 10 or 20€ only.

https://www.medisana.com/out/pictures/media/manual/88258_irhwest.pdf

it looks trash...but to me its worth the investment. at least the warmth is a nice feeling. also one can use it before sex/sauna to noticably add size.
still feel energized, oily skin, daily morning wood and the urge to have sex several times a day
Philips R95 IR 100W E27 230V Red | Any-lamp
Incandescent 100 w, it must heat your balls pretty fast. That’s the lamp used in your device

Last edited:

broozer

Philips R95 IR 100W E27 230V Red | Any-lamp
Incandescent 100 w, it must heat your balls pretty fast. That’s the lamp used in your device
exactly this one! i let down the pants put the device in the pants and shine the boyz from down below. they dont relly heat, the maximum it reaches is 45Celcius in 40cm distance. as said, my maximum time is 4min. as soon they feel too warm id stop. inside the cojones start to make odd moves when the redlight hits

Last edited:

Queequeg

Dosing matters quite a bit according to this post:
Complete guide to light therapy dosing - Red Light Man

I sat down and calculated irradiance and dosage for these lights in order to achieve 1J/cm2. Maybe someone can check my work?

I was actually surprised to find that the 850nm light, probably due to the wide angle of its lights (45-60) produces a much lower irradiance. Unfortunately, the only source I could find for the irradiance was this comment by the seller stating that its 30mW/cm2 at 3in for a similar light. I'm not sure how reliable this is.

This is what I came up with:

660nm
distance | irradiance | exposure time to achieve 1J/cm2
6 inches | 100mw/cm2 | 10s
12 inches | 25mw/cm2 | 40s
18 inches | 11.1mw/cm2 | 90s
24 inches | 6.25mw/cm2 | 160s

850nm
distance | irradiance | exposure time to achieve 1J/cm2
6 inches | 7.5mw/cm2 | 133s
12 inches | 1.875mw/cm2 | 533s (~10m)
18 inches | 0.833mw/cm2 | 1200s (20m)
24 inches | 0.46875mw/cm2 | 2133s (~35m)
I have the 12w version and found a chart of irradiance from the seller
upload_2018-11-3_11-16-38.png

"A chart of µmol/m²/s is shown on the 12W bulb. To convert 660nm light from µmol/m²/s to mW/cm² multiply by 0.0181. The total irradiance of the 25W bulb is a little less than double that of the 12W bulb."
so I get the following for the 12 w with a target dose of 12 J/cm2. A typical dose used in many studies.

Distance inches 6 -12- 18 -24
ppfd from chart 2856- 1480- 809-482
Power Density in mW/cm² 52 -27- 15- 9
dose J/cm2 12 - 12 - 12 - 12
time sec 232 - 448- 820 - 1375
minutes 3.9 -7.5 -13.7- 22.9

just divide by 2 for the 25w you have.

Your numbers for 6 inches seem about right but the greater distances seem off. When I plug in a dose of 1 J/cm2 I get this:
Distance inches 6 - 12 - 18 -24
ppfd from chart 2856 -1480 - 809 -482
Power Density in mW/cm² 52 -27 -15 -9
dose J/cm2 1 1 1 1
time sec 19 - 37 - 68 -115
minutes 0.3 - 0.6 -1.1 - 1.9

Lux or Lumens typically cant be used to calculate irradiance. Lux/Lumens only refers to visible light whereas irradiance covers all spectrums incl invisible ir. With that said you may be able to use your meter on the 660nm light, since that's all visible, but I have no idea what the conversion factor would be.

Last edited:

jitsmonkey

Shame that this, like most things, only has positive effects as long as you use it. When you stop you lose all the benefits, right? I found that red light had great effects on my thyroid that way too, but when I quit, it was like I never even used it. No permanent changes or healing take place, which I found very disappointing. Ideally we shouldn't have to use these things.

Life is temporary.
The food you eat is temporary.
The air you breathe is temporary.
Everything is temporary.
Literally shining a ridiculous LIGHT on yourself makes you feel better and that's "disappointing"... srsly?

Sure it'd be great if nobody was sick, nobody suffered, nobody had maladies but this isn't a TV show or a book in the fiction section.

I'm not trying to be flip or minimize your suffering but think about what you just said...

'I can shine the equivalent of a flashlight on myself daily and I feel better... no drugs, no excessive expense, gives me a few minutes of quiet, alone to relax
and that's disappointing'

This is the same logic that has modern medical science talking about the people who RESPOND to placebo as if they're dumb or they weren't in on the joke. (I'm not comparing red light effects to placebo, just the mismatched expectations and conclusions are similar)
EVERYTHING should work as readily and harmlessly as pointing a light at yourself.
Yes I get you'd like a "permanent fix" but....

OP
pistachioplanet
So I have been experimenting with different times. I tried different periods of time, for both the 660 and 850, ranging from 30 seconds up to 10 minutes. To make things easy, I run the 660/850 for equal amounts of time even though the 850 has much less irradiance.

For now, 5 minutes, about 1ft away, seems like a sweet spot. Much more or less than this didn't seem to have the positive effect on my mood and libido.

That said, my experimentation has been a bit haphazard so I'm going to try going through different times again to confirm.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
it already boosted me from 4ng to 6,9ng. but that day it was the first time. now im doing it daily. is it safe daily? or will the leydigs get used to it and be lazy doushes again? mood,creativity,drive all way above used to. i somehow had similair effects in a tanning studio several times bevore.
so: more boners,size,creativity,confidence,relaxation,performance,darker teint (i even hear better music,play faster and more accurate violin and my chess-performance increased by 200 ratingpoints...quiet amazing!)
BUT: on the downside it feels like suppressing my immune-system - sth i got also from exogenous DHT.
any other guys in here to back up these results ?
but in my particular case i am not gonna do bloods again for any scientific proof. id rather stay in my illusion of now having 12+ng of testosterone and acting like that, which in turn will make me have more T, than knowing where im really at ;) its all in your head brah

You are the best !! Haha!

I can't believe how much benefit that you have derived from that basic device. I am going to PM you.

OP
pistachioplanet
I have the 12w version and found a chart of irradiance from the seller
View attachment 11158

"A chart of µmol/m²/s is shown on the 12W bulb. To convert 660nm light from µmol/m²/s to mW/cm² multiply by 0.0181. The total irradiance of the 25W bulb is a little less than double that of the 12W bulb."
so I get the following for the 12 w with a target dose of 12 J/cm2. A typical dose used in many studies.

Thank you for double checking my calculations!

edd00

hey all, do you think this redlight device can help to heal injuries? I have a nagging hamstring tendon that wont go away

edd00

hey all, do you think this redlight device can help to heal injuries? I have a nagging hamstring tendon that wont go away

broozer

it still works with my cheapo redlight device. 2-4 min eo day. i dunno about actual T levels but im a noobie in gym but still very strong, put on muscles easily on the legs and progressin quiet quick evry week. (60kg squat is ok for beginners, 200kg legpress 15times too). beard grows, voice deepens. ok, i started eating 2 eggs in the mornign. but it FEELS like testo is through the roof.
plus the regeneration is speeding up, can train 3 times a week now.