Testosterone Red Light Protocol?

Discussion in 'Red Light, Infrared, LLLT' started by pistachioplanet, Oct 16, 2018.

1. vulture

vulture Member

Philips R95 IR 100W E27 230V Red | Any-lamp
    Incandescent 100 w, it must heat your balls pretty fast. That’s the lamp used in your device

2. broozer

broozer Member

exactly this one! i let down the pants put the device in the pants and shine the boyz from down below. they dont relly heat, the maximum it reaches is 45Celcius in 40cm distance. as said, my maximum time is 4min. as soon they feel too warm id stop. inside the cojones start to make odd moves when the redlight hits

3. Queequeg

Queequeg Member

I have the 12w version and found a chart of irradiance from the seller
    upload_2018-11-3_11-16-38.png

"A chart of µmol/m²/s is shown on the 12W bulb. To convert 660nm light from µmol/m²/s to mW/cm² multiply by 0.0181. The total irradiance of the 25W bulb is a little less than double that of the 12W bulb."
    so I get the following for the 12 w with a target dose of 12 J/cm2. A typical dose used in many studies.

Distance inches 6 -12- 18 -24
    ppfd from chart 2856- 1480- 809-482
    Power Density in mW/cm² 52 -27- 15- 9
    dose J/cm2 12 - 12 - 12 - 12
    time sec 232 - 448- 820 - 1375
    minutes 3.9 -7.5 -13.7- 22.9

just divide by 2 for the 25w you have.

Your numbers for 6 inches seem about right but the greater distances seem off. When I plug in a dose of 1 J/cm2 I get this:
    Distance inches 6 - 12 - 18 -24
    ppfd from chart 2856 -1480 - 809 -482
    Power Density in mW/cm² 52 -27 -15 -9
    dose J/cm2 1 1 1 1
    time sec 19 - 37 - 68 -115
    minutes 0.3 - 0.6 -1.1 - 1.9

Lux or Lumens typically cant be used to calculate irradiance. Lux/Lumens only refers to visible light whereas irradiance covers all spectrums incl invisible ir. With that said you may be able to use your meter on the 660nm light, since that's all visible, but I have no idea what the conversion factor would be.

4. jitsmonkey

jitsmonkey Member

Life is temporary.
    The food you eat is temporary.
    The air you breathe is temporary.
    Everything is temporary.
    Literally shining a ridiculous LIGHT on yourself makes you feel better and that's "disappointing"... srsly?

Sure it'd be great if nobody was sick, nobody suffered, nobody had maladies but this isn't a TV show or a book in the fiction section.

I'm not trying to be flip or minimize your suffering but think about what you just said...

'I can shine the equivalent of a flashlight on myself daily and I feel better... no drugs, no excessive expense, gives me a few minutes of quiet, alone to relax
    and that's disappointing'

This is the same logic that has modern medical science talking about the people who RESPOND to placebo as if they're dumb or they weren't in on the joke. (I'm not comparing red light effects to placebo, just the mismatched expectations and conclusions are similar)
    EVERYTHING should work as readily and harmlessly as pointing a light at yourself.
    Yes I get you'd like a "permanent fix" but....

5. Cameron

Cameron Member

Who else uses the life giving labs red lights?

6. OP
    pistachioplanet

pistachioplanet Member

So I have been experimenting with different times. I tried different periods of time, for both the 660 and 850, ranging from 30 seconds up to 10 minutes. To make things easy, I run the 660/850 for equal amounts of time even though the 850 has much less irradiance.

For now, 5 minutes, about 1ft away, seems like a sweet spot. Much more or less than this didn't seem to have the positive effect on my mood and libido.

That said, my experimentation has been a bit haphazard so I'm going to try going through different times again to confirm.

7. Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath

You are the best !! Haha!

I can't believe how much benefit that you have derived from that basic device. I am going to PM you.

8. OP
    pistachioplanet

pistachioplanet Member

Thank you for double checking my calculations!

9. edd00

edd00 Member

hey all, do you think this redlight device can help to heal injuries? I have a nagging hamstring tendon that wont go away

10. edd00

edd00 Member

hey all, do you think this redlight device can help to heal injuries? I have a nagging hamstring tendon that wont go away

11. Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath
    So I have got this device:
    - Life Giving Store
    -670nm
    -160mW/cm² @ 0″

So can anyone tell me Time + Distance for exposure?

Last night I tried 10 seconds at about 30cm away, and have not noticed much at all.

12. broozer

broozer Member

it still works with my cheapo redlight device. 2-4 min eo day. i dunno about actual T levels but im a noobie in gym but still very strong, put on muscles easily on the legs and progressin quiet quick evry week. (60kg squat is ok for beginners, 200kg legpress 15times too). beard grows, voice deepens. ok, i started eating 2 eggs in the mornign. but it FEELS like testo is through the roof.
    plus the regeneration is speeding up, can train 3 times a week now.