'AGA' - alopecia - experience sharing - looking for advice

aidan2021

Balding for nearly 10 years. Never had scalp itch, except maybe for a couple of seconds after ejaculation. Didn't even realise this 'MPB itch' was a thing until I read others posting about it on HLT.

It's not present in everyone and no guarantee that if you stop it you will stop hair loss. It just might be less annoying.
My brother is balding and does not have the itch too.
i think it goes with inflammation as my non balding areas are not itchy.

5a-DHP

OK, I apologize if I offended you, I did not intend to do so. And I am also sorry that these stuff didnt work for you. If I had your actual metabolism + hormonal profile my hair would be like a bush probably. For me every step towards better hormonal health and metabolism means more/better hair. If you have fixed completely your metabolic issues maybe keep looking into stuff more deeply ? I dont know. I mean you have less things to worry about but still something is going wrong. Can you assume that given a perfect metabolic state and having hairloss at the same time, your health state is perfect ? I dont think that makes sense. So you probably have something you didnt figure out yet, causing your hairloss.
I wasn't offended so no need to worry my dude.
However, I personally dispute that male pattern baldness = sign of underlying pathology. Give a man something like masteron or proviron - potent DHT derivates that are not substrate for aromatase, decrease adrenal androgen output, improve thyroid function, decrease estrogen, etc - and watch their hair thin out in less than a year. Your model is unable to account for that at all.
I don't think that MPB is caused by a 'genetic sensitivity' to DHT, but there's little evidence to support the estrogen, prolactin and hypothyroid driven pathology that's pushed around these parts, either.

johnysummer

I wasn't offended so no need to worry my dude.
However, I personally dispute that male pattern baldness = sign of underlying pathology. Give a man something like masteron or proviron - potent DHT derivates that are not substrate for aromatase, decrease adrenal androgen output, improve thyroid function, decrease estrogen, etc - and watch their hair thin out in less than a year. Your model is unable to account for that at all.
I don't think that MPB is caused by a 'genetic sensitivity' to DHT, but there's little evidence to support the estrogen, prolactin and hypothyroid driven pathology that's pushed around these parts, either.
From what I understand is that dht has to play a role in hair thinning and eventually falling. But the thing is that its role is healing and yes it makes sense that if you provide someone with dht yes he will heal but the hair will also fall. My approach to this is to eliminate all the reasons the body has to produce dht in order to heal it self. I think I have read in Elephanto's research that he points out dht as a stress hormone and actually a response for healing. I thinks thats one of the reasons finasteride works and also lowering estrogen, prolactin and stress makes sense. Because less dht will be produced in order to balance them. This makes sense even more when you see stressed people developing androgenic features with rising dht (edgy jaw, muscle etc).

GorillaHead

Focus on your gut health. good gut health leads to good insulin and igf1 signaling which leads to a healthy gut-skin axis And healthy brain.

parkinsons disease is most likely caused by gut issues and it shares susceptibility genes with androgenic alopecia. It’s also mainly a male disease and Not to mention there probably isn’t a single person with Parkinson’s who hasn’t lost hair due to Aga.

thing is with aging your gut health deteriorates, in many ways it eventually will be a losing battle but perhaps not. People who don’t lose their hair either have weak immune reaction compared to those who do, or they have something that makes them immune.

Blaze

parkinsons disease is most likely caused by gut issues and it shares susceptibility genes with androgenic alopecia. It’s also mainly a male disease and Not to mention there probably isn’t a single person with Parkinson’s who hasn’t lost hair due to Aga.
I work with the elderly so, it is not a mainly male disease, while it certainly is more prevalent in men, women unfortunately get it a lot also. Usually for every 3 men with parkinsons 2 women will get it. And, since women on average outlive men, nursing homes have a lot of women residents and so I see way more women with that disease.

Your statement linking hair loss to men with parkinsons is very intriguing, I think you may be onto something there. Most of the men I see with that disease do indeed seem to have hair loss though I never made the connection until you brought it up.

5a-DHP

Your statement linking hair loss to men with parkinsons is very intriguing, I think you may be onto something there. Most of the men I see with that disease do indeed seem to have hair loss though I never made the connection until you brought it up.
Almost every male above the age of 60 has marked hairloss; Parkinson's is a disease of the elderly.
There's obviously going to be overlap.

Blaze

Almost every male above the age of 60 has marked hairloss; Parkinson's is a disease of the elderly.
You would be shocked indeed then, at some of the full heads of hair I see on people of advanced age. I am in facilities 8 hours a day 3 days a week that are full of older men and women. My knowledge is first hand knowledge based on what I see with my own eyes....Gorilla might be onto something associating hair loss with that based on what I have seen. There may indeed be a link............he seemed to imply that there is some kind of a pathway for the hair loss that is also shared by parkinsons. I found the comment interesting and not outside the realm of possibility.

Perhaps he will expound on the science behind his remark.

You are 100% correct when you say it is mostly a disease of the elderly. Very few exceptions to that.

Last edited:

GorillaHead

You would be shocked indeed then, at some of the full heads of hair I see on people of advanced age. I am in facilities 8 hours a day 3 days a week that are full of older men and women. My knowledge is first hand knowledge based on what I see with my own eyes....Gorilla might be onto something associating hair loss with that based on what I have seen. There may indeed be a link............he seemed to imply that there is some kind of a pathway for the hair loss that is also shared by parkinsons. I found the comment interesting and not outside the realm of possibility.

Perhaps he will expound on the science behind his remark.

You are 100% correct when you say it is mostly a disease of the elderly. Very few exceptions to that.

Here you go Six Novel Susceptibility Loci for Early-Onset Androgenetic Alopecia and Their Unexpected Association with Common Diseases

The relation is in the genes. Also ive read tons of reports that people started to lose their hair when parkinsons started to become symptomatic.
In hairloss It could be gut caused like parkinsons or it could be brain damage leads to hairloss somehow. Danny roddy claimed the hair and brain develop at the same time. I remember people saying their hair got thicker on drugs like bromocriotine

but i suspect gut. I personally noticed the worse hairloss when i got ibd and i also read about a guy whos hairloss completed stopped after a fecal transplant

Last edited:

johnysummer

Bros
Just saw couple of elderly today with perfect white hair
That s possible!!!

Why would you think that is not possible XD ? My grandpa is 80yo full head of hair (no more than nw1) and also total black. All his life is eating eating raw milk, cheese eggs, red meat, shellfish and fruit. Thats it. Never left the island for more that 2-3 days and all his life working under sun with the livestock.

aidan2021

Why would you think that is not possible XD ? My grandpa is 80yo full head of hair (no more than nw1) and also total black. All his life is eating eating raw milk, cheese eggs, red meat, shellfish and fruit. Thats it. Never left the island for more that 2-3 days and all his life working under sun with the livestock.
That s awesome!!
I stopped eating wheat and in order to compensate i eat a lot of rice (lunch & dinner - in France we eat a lot during these 2 meals)...
For multiple reasons:
- i like it
- elephanto recommended it
- it gives energy as carbs
I know rice is not peatish
What d you recommend?
Should i swap it with more fruits / veggies?
It seems very difficult for me to get enough calories without starches

johnysummer

That s awesome!!
I stopped eating wheat and in order to compensate i eat a lot of rice (lunch & dinner - in France we eat a lot during these 2 meals)...
For multiple reasons:
- i like it
- elephanto recommended it
- it gives energy as carbs
I know rice is not peatish
What d you recommend?
Should i swap it with more fruits / veggies?
It seems very difficult for me to get enough calories without starches
I de say not avoid rice. I eat 200g rice or potato per day. Thats 70-80g carbs from rice. The rest 200-250g is fruit and sugars. Just avoid commercial bread. Is really bad.