'AGA' - alopecia - experience sharing - looking for advice

OP
A

aidan2021

Balding for nearly 10 years. Never had scalp itch, except maybe for a couple of seconds after ejaculation. Didn't even realise this 'MPB itch' was a thing until I read others posting about it on HLT.

It's not present in everyone and no guarantee that if you stop it you will stop hair loss. It just might be less annoying.
My brother is balding and does not have the itch too.
i think it goes with inflammation as my non balding areas are not itchy.

5a-DHP

OK, I apologize if I offended you, I did not intend to do so. And I am also sorry that these stuff didnt work for you. If I had your actual metabolism + hormonal profile my hair would be like a bush probably. For me every step towards better hormonal health and metabolism means more/better hair. If you have fixed completely your metabolic issues maybe keep looking into stuff more deeply ? I dont know. I mean you have less things to worry about but still something is going wrong. Can you assume that given a perfect metabolic state and having hairloss at the same time, your health state is perfect ? I dont think that makes sense. So you probably have something you didnt figure out yet, causing your hairloss.
I wasn't offended so no need to worry my dude.
However, I personally dispute that male pattern baldness = sign of underlying pathology. Give a man something like masteron or proviron - potent DHT derivates that are not substrate for aromatase, decrease adrenal androgen output, improve thyroid function, decrease estrogen, etc - and watch their hair thin out in less than a year. Your model is unable to account for that at all.
I don't think that MPB is caused by a 'genetic sensitivity' to DHT, but there's little evidence to support the estrogen, prolactin and hypothyroid driven pathology that's pushed around these parts, either.

johnysummer

I wasn't offended so no need to worry my dude.
However, I personally dispute that male pattern baldness = sign of underlying pathology. Give a man something like masteron or proviron - potent DHT derivates that are not substrate for aromatase, decrease adrenal androgen output, improve thyroid function, decrease estrogen, etc - and watch their hair thin out in less than a year. Your model is unable to account for that at all.
I don't think that MPB is caused by a 'genetic sensitivity' to DHT, but there's little evidence to support the estrogen, prolactin and hypothyroid driven pathology that's pushed around these parts, either.
From what I understand is that dht has to play a role in hair thinning and eventually falling. But the thing is that its role is healing and yes it makes sense that if you provide someone with dht yes he will heal but the hair will also fall. My approach to this is to eliminate all the reasons the body has to produce dht in order to heal it self. I think I have read in Elephanto's research that he points out dht as a stress hormone and actually a response for healing. I thinks thats one of the reasons finasteride works and also lowering estrogen, prolactin and stress makes sense. Because less dht will be produced in order to balance them. This makes sense even more when you see stressed people developing androgenic features with rising dht (edgy jaw, muscle etc).

GorillaHead

Focus on your gut health. good gut health leads to good insulin and igf1 signaling which leads to a healthy gut-skin axis And healthy brain.

parkinsons disease is most likely caused by gut issues and it shares susceptibility genes with androgenic alopecia. It’s also mainly a male disease and Not to mention there probably isn’t a single person with Parkinson’s who hasn’t lost hair due to Aga.

thing is with aging your gut health deteriorates, in many ways it eventually will be a losing battle but perhaps not. People who don’t lose their hair either have weak immune reaction compared to those who do, or they have something that makes them immune.

B

Blaze

parkinsons disease is most likely caused by gut issues and it shares susceptibility genes with androgenic alopecia. It’s also mainly a male disease and Not to mention there probably isn’t a single person with Parkinson’s who hasn’t lost hair due to Aga.
I work with the elderly so, it is not a mainly male disease, while it certainly is more prevalent in men, women unfortunately get it a lot also. Usually for every 3 men with parkinsons 2 women will get it. And, since women on average outlive men, nursing homes have a lot of women residents and so I see way more women with that disease.

Your statement linking hair loss to men with parkinsons is very intriguing, I think you may be onto something there. Most of the men I see with that disease do indeed seem to have hair loss though I never made the connection until you brought it up.

5a-DHP

Your statement linking hair loss to men with parkinsons is very intriguing, I think you may be onto something there. Most of the men I see with that disease do indeed seem to have hair loss though I never made the connection until you brought it up.
Almost every male above the age of 60 has marked hairloss; Parkinson's is a disease of the elderly.
There's obviously going to be overlap.

B

Blaze

Almost every male above the age of 60 has marked hairloss; Parkinson's is a disease of the elderly.
You would be shocked indeed then, at some of the full heads of hair I see on people of advanced age. I am in facilities 8 hours a day 3 days a week that are full of older men and women. My knowledge is first hand knowledge based on what I see with my own eyes....Gorilla might be onto something associating hair loss with that based on what I have seen. There may indeed be a link............he seemed to imply that there is some kind of a pathway for the hair loss that is also shared by parkinsons. I found the comment interesting and not outside the realm of possibility.

Perhaps he will expound on the science behind his remark.

You are 100% correct when you say it is mostly a disease of the elderly. Very few exceptions to that.

Last edited by a moderator:

GorillaHead

You would be shocked indeed then, at some of the full heads of hair I see on people of advanced age. I am in facilities 8 hours a day 3 days a week that are full of older men and women. My knowledge is first hand knowledge based on what I see with my own eyes....Gorilla might be onto something associating hair loss with that based on what I have seen. There may indeed be a link............he seemed to imply that there is some kind of a pathway for the hair loss that is also shared by parkinsons. I found the comment interesting and not outside the realm of possibility.

Perhaps he will expound on the science behind his remark.

You are 100% correct when you say it is mostly a disease of the elderly. Very few exceptions to that.

Here you go Six Novel Susceptibility Loci for Early-Onset Androgenetic Alopecia and Their Unexpected Association with Common Diseases

The relation is in the genes. Also ive read tons of reports that people started to lose their hair when parkinsons started to become symptomatic.
In hairloss It could be gut caused like parkinsons or it could be brain damage leads to hairloss somehow. Danny roddy claimed the hair and brain develop at the same time. I remember people saying their hair got thicker on drugs like bromocriotine

but i suspect gut. I personally noticed the worse hairloss when i got ibd and i also read about a guy whos hairloss completed stopped after a fecal transplant

Last edited:
OP
A

aidan2021

Bros
Just saw couple of elderly today with perfect white hair
That s possible!!!

johnysummer

Bros
Just saw couple of elderly today with perfect white hair
That s possible!!!

Why would you think that is not possible XD ? My grandpa is 80yo full head of hair (no more than nw1) and also total black. All his life is eating eating raw milk, cheese eggs, red meat, shellfish and fruit. Thats it. Never left the island for more that 2-3 days and all his life working under sun with the livestock.

OP
A

aidan2021

Why would you think that is not possible XD ? My grandpa is 80yo full head of hair (no more than nw1) and also total black. All his life is eating eating raw milk, cheese eggs, red meat, shellfish and fruit. Thats it. Never left the island for more that 2-3 days and all his life working under sun with the livestock.
That s awesome!!
I stopped eating wheat and in order to compensate i eat a lot of rice (lunch & dinner - in France we eat a lot during these 2 meals)...
For multiple reasons:
- i like it
- elephanto recommended it
- it gives energy as carbs
I know rice is not peatish
What d you recommend?
Should i swap it with more fruits / veggies?
It seems very difficult for me to get enough calories without starches

johnysummer

That s awesome!!
I stopped eating wheat and in order to compensate i eat a lot of rice (lunch & dinner - in France we eat a lot during these 2 meals)...
For multiple reasons:
- i like it
- elephanto recommended it
- it gives energy as carbs
I know rice is not peatish
What d you recommend?
Should i swap it with more fruits / veggies?
It seems very difficult for me to get enough calories without starches
I de say not avoid rice. I eat 200g rice or potato per day. Thats 70-80g carbs from rice. The rest 200-250g is fruit and sugars. Just avoid commercial bread. Is really bad.

OP
A

aidan2021

Is iodine good for thyroid?
I ve read somewhere that we could be iodine deficient and that could cause hypopthyroidism

rr1

I still think elephantos hair loss research was some of the best I've came across, but I also think that he did overlook thyroid a little. I've read through his posts a few times, and all he really talks about in regards to thyroid is avoiding anti-thyroid foods and using boron to chelate fluoride.

If you're waking temps and pulse are suboptimal, and you are serious about wanting to regrow your hair, I think it would be worth looking into a thyroid supplement. I've spent the last year trying to increase thyroid function without supplementation, but still cant get consistent 89f (36.6c) waking temp and consistent 85-90bpm pulse throughout the day, so I've decided to try cynoplus. After around a month of getting dose dialled in, I am now constantly 90bpm pulse and 99f+(37.3c) all day. I have just started to feel a pulse beating in my forehead that I have never previously noticed. Actually, I can also feel the increased circulation and heart beat throughout my whole body and mental sharpness has increased. I now understand the euphoria feeling that Ray talks about a little better.

OP
A

aidan2021

I still think elephantos hair loss research was some of the best I've came across, but I also think that he did overlook thyroid a little. I've read through his posts a few times, and all he really talks about in regards to thyroid is avoiding anti-thyroid foods and using boron to chelate fluoride.

If you're waking temps and pulse are suboptimal, and you are serious about wanting to regrow your hair, I think it would be worth looking into a thyroid supplement. I've spent the last year trying to increase thyroid function without supplementation, but still cant get consistent 89f (36.6c) waking temp and consistent 85-90bpm pulse throughout the day, so I've decided to try cynoplus. After around a month of getting dose dialled in, I am now constantly 90bpm pulse and 99f+(37.3c) all day. I have just started to feel a pulse beating in my forehead that I have never previously noticed. Actually, I can also feel the increased circulation and heart beat throughout my whole body and mental sharpness has increased. I now understand the euphoria feeling that Ray talks about a little better.
Thanks for your inputs
Do you have mpb? If so has cynoplus helped with it?
I dont know if thyroid medication is available over the counter in France.
Because if i need a prescription for that, i most likely won't have it. My doctor tested my tsh: 1,942 mUI/L.
I know i can do better than this but my tsh level won't push my doctor to prescribe thryoid.

rr1

Thanks for your inputs
Do you have mpb? If so has cynoplus helped with it?
I dont know if thyroid medication is available over the counter in France.
Because if i need a prescription for that, i most likely won't have it. My doctor tested my tsh: 1,942 mUI/L.
I know i can do better than this but my tsh level won't push my doctor to prescribe thryoid.
I just bought it from mexican pharmacy. Too early to tell if it has helped, but I can't see why it wouldn't.

My TSH was around the same as yours, and total cholesterol was around 5.5nmol/L, which is why I feel comfortable pushing myself into borderline hyperthyroidism, because I think there is adequate cholesterol to be converted into steroids.

OP
A

aidan2021

I just bought it from mexican pharmacy. Too early to tell if it has helped, but I can't see why it wouldn't.

My TSH was around the same as yours, and total cholesterol was around 5.5nmol/L, which is why I feel comfortable pushing myself into borderline hyperthyroidism, because I think there is adequate cholesterol to be converted into steroids.
My total cholesterol is 5,23 mmol/L.
We were bros of tsh and cholesterol then :)

btw
i have found something interesting on www.Immortalhair.org. Don't remember how i came up with this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Hypothesis of Male Pattern Hair Loss

Great info CausticSymmetry!

What's interesting is if you apply lugol's iodine to your scalp, itching will 80 - 100% completely disappear in an hour or two, and lasts that way for a couple of days, IME.

"Every cell in the human body requires iodine for regulation to function." also "Every cell in the body contains and utilizes iodine" With the high prevelance of hypothyroidism I could see how the scalp would be one of the last places iodine would get to.

One of the heloise tricks is to apply iodine to your fingernails to thicken them and there are a lot of people that says it works. I'm going off memory but it's recommended after a couple weeks or months (I forget) that you only apply the iodine no more than once per week after otherwise can thin the nails.

Here is a quote of topical iodine for hair loss ""In Mexico, some people have used iodine as a means of preventing baldness. One woman used iodine for years as a preventive measure against baldness. She used it as a rinse after washing her hair. Another woman told me to "cure" a bald spot by dabbing iodine on the bald spot or area of thinning hair. After a while, a crust will form. Eventually, beneath the crust fine hairs will start to grow. She said it can take about three months to see the results" http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/iodine_questions.html#Question_526

I know you were mentioning taking iodine internally, but I thought this information would be useful for anyone that wants to experiment.

BTW, I've taken lugol's for over 1 1/2 years and I recently bought Nascent Iodine from here http://www.thyroidnascentiodine.com/comparison.htm and I also bought L tyrosine and I may buy some glandulars based on the information of hypothroidism on Lp (a) levels. I figured, I'm already attacking this with everything that I've got.

What's very reassuring is that I've developed these pimple like bumps on my scalp. In the past, when I've developed these red bumps on my scalp, regrowth occured. Again, not sure if it's from combating Lp (a), high doses of Serrapeptase/Nattokinase or everything else that I'm taking to combat heart disease but there is something to the regime I outlined on the DKK-1 thread.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP
A

aidan2021

Hello my friends
several remarks that i can do so far:

1) scalp massages (pinching) and brushing help with itch. When i massage and brush early in the morning, i don't feel any itch until mid-afternoon. I don't know if it fights calcification & fibrosis but there is a definitely an impact on how the scalp feels which is great. Besides i have noticed a bit of improvement in scalp elasticity.

2) cold feet & fingers seem to be a good indication of low general temperature. For instance, i took temp after lunch and 37°. My hands and feet were normal.
I took again my temperature the afternoon when my hands were cold: 36.4°. So there is relation between the two. And i think then that cold hands & feet are a good indication of weak metabolism which is something that varies thoughout the day. And i think it supports well JohnnySummer advice which was to increase calories and have regular caloric intake, as it seems that my temp is higher after meals.

3) not a remark but my diet is like:
breakfast: banana, apple, yoghurt with sugar, coffee, vitamin D
10am: banana, cocoa
lunch: rice with coconut oil, eggs. Sometimes read meat, sometimes shrimps
afternoon: bananas, apple, cocoa
dinner: rice with coconut oil, peas, spinach, ice cream
before sleep: mag citrate and zinc sulphate

johnysummer

You can check Rob from perfect hair health for the massages. He has several testimonies of success regrowth stories and he also gives a free email course with information very close to what most people say in this forum. Although I dont think that massaging will result in any significant regrowth unless underlying hypothyroidism is first resolved.

Temps should be measured along with bpm. Cold hand and feet while bmp is relatively high (75+) is a sign of high stress hormones. Also if you happen to drop in pulse after eating is also a sigh of stress hormones. The stress cycle should be broken in order for the metabolism to start healing. For me this was a problem and high calorie + taking complete stress free week and lowering workload in general resolved it. Temps and pulse should always rise after meals. Also high salt is the most effective way in my experience to lower adrenaline.

I really think you should add vitamin k2 in your stack. Vit d can be dangerous on its own especially for hair. If you are going to supplement with it I think it should always be along with vit K and maybe also A. Plus always get at least 1g of calcium/day.

OP
A

aidan2021

Hello my friends,

Just a quick update about my regimen and hair loss.
I started thyroid supplements 2 months ago.

My current regimen:
cynomel (1/2 pill in the morning) as per Roddy's advice
cynoplus (1/2 pill in the evening) as per Roddy's advice
vit d (4000 ui)
vit k2 mk4 (5 mg per day)
aspirin (500 mg per day)
high fructose
high sucrose
medium starch
high calcium with cheese
I can't digest milk unfortunately but I eat a lot of cheese (I am French)

Unfortunately, my hairline keeps receding. I have some vertex thinning too.
I only started thryoid 2 months ago but I have been 'peating' for longer.

FYI, my father was bald at 30, my brother is NW5 at 34. I am NW2-3 at 30.

Do you have any advice?
Should I keep going with my current regimen? Is it too ealry to draw conclusions?

I care less and less about hair loss but it is still a painful situation for me.

Thank you