Can Someone Help Me Interpret My Lab Results ?

Undertone

Hi guys, I'm the guy from this thread : I Need Help To Grow Back My Receding Hairline. [20yo MALE]

I've finally got bloodwork done and just got the results in the mail, can someone help me interpret it?

It's in french (sorry) but I'll indicate the main values below !

TSH: (was 1,37 in 2016, 1,76 in 2018) and now is 2,72 mUI/l

FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE: 0,90 g/l

Ferritin: 98 mcg/l (was 138mcg/l in 2018)

Cholesterol: 1,78 g/l

Ask me if you want me to translate more values!

Thanks a lot!

106698728_209065097060551_4852741080973135964_n.jpg.b4111725d7aa56fa4de505a20bb799ee.jpg

107511998_287644362671744_6929091460014946807_n.thumb.jpg.b84e7c9b49b712f4e9c9db43cf608f84.jpg

Maljam

The tests you have aren't particularly relevant to the problems you have really. If I were you I think I would get vitamin d, prolactin, testosterone, estrogen tested, things like that.

At 20 years old as long as you don't take finasteride or something like that, it shouldn't be too hard to recover things.

Perhaps lay off the gym a little if you suspect you are over training.

I'd concentrate on getting good sources of meat, fatty red meat like beef and lamb. Lots of egg yolks with butter. Big hearty meals, potatoes, butter, meat, some vegetables, salt, yum. Especially if you are hitting the gym hard you should eat whatever starch suits your gut. Don't get too obsessive with diet. Balance of all macros.

You might be low in vitamin D, perhaps the other fat solubles would be worth trying too, vitamin K, E if your prolactin is high especially. I don't think you need to go crazy or too extreme with anything. A little magnesium might help too but I wouldnt bother starting like 20 different supplements.

As much sunlight as you can get (without burning)

Last edited:
OP
U

Undertone

The tests you have aren't particularly relevant to the problems you have really. If I were you I think I would get vitamin d, prolactin, testosterone, estrogen tested, things like that.

At 20 years old as long as you don't take finasteride or something like that, it shouldn't be too hard to recover things.

Perhaps lay off the gym a little if you suspect you are over training.

I'd concentrate on getting good sources of meat, fatty red meat like beef and lamb. Lots of egg yolks with butter. Big hearty meals, potatoes, butter, meat, some vegetables, salt, yum. Especially if you are hitting the gym hard you should eat whatever starch suits your gut. Don't get too obsessive with diet. Balance of all macros.

You might be low in vitamin D, perhaps the other fat solubles would be worth trying too, vitamin K, E if your prolactin is high especially. I don't think you need to go crazy or too extreme with anything. A little magnesium might help too but I wouldnt bother starting like 20 different supplements.

As much sunlight as you can get (without burning)

Man I would love to get those tests, but there's no way my doctor is going to prescribe them to me

Maljam

Man I would love to get those tests, but there's no way my doctor is going to prescribe them to me

Would you be able to pay privately for them? Vitamin D is a popular one so is usually cheap, maybe the estrogens might be expensive but if you could get vitamin D, testosterone and prolactin you might find out something very useful there. I know at 20 I couldn't have been affording tests though!

OP
U

Undertone

Would you be able to pay privately for them? Vitamin D is a popular one so is usually cheap, maybe the estrogens might be expensive but if you could get vitamin D, testosterone and prolactin you might find out something very useful there. I know at 20 I couldn't have been affording tests though!

There's a lab near my hometown, where I could do a full hormonal checkup for 105$ (DHEA, Estradiol, Progesterone, Testosterone, Cortisol), a full vitamin analysis for 135$ (A, B1,B6, B9, B12, D, E) or just D for 11$. But they don't seem to propose full thyroid panels.

Maljam

There's a lab near my hometown, where I could do a full hormonal checkup for 105$ (DHEA, Estradiol, Progesterone, Testosterone, Cortisol), a full vitamin analysis for 135$ (A, B1,B6, B9, B12, D, E) or just D for 11$. But they don't seem to propose full thyroid panels.

The hormonal check up may be useful, I'm not sure I would bother paying for the full vitamin analysis, unless you were doing well financially and wanted something to spend money on. That vitamin D is incredibly cheap and potentially the most important of the lot. If it makes you feel better I have felt good on a "bad" TSH and thyroid blood test and bad with "better" blood test results.

OP
U

Undertone

The hormonal check up may be useful, I'm not sure I would bother paying for the full vitamin analysis, unless you were doing well financially and wanted something to spend money on. That vitamin D is incredibly cheap and potentially the most important of the lot. If it makes you feel better I have felt good on a "bad" TSH and thyroid blood test and bad with "better" blood test results.
So I'm finaly going to get my bit D tested, it's a good start. I still feel tired all the time low energy, sluggish digestion and I honestly can't stand it anymore! Hair situation is stable though. Should I wait the end of summer to test vit D? Cause I spend some time in the sun.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals