Help me interpret my Blood tests (Symptoms after meals, panic attacks & more)

InChristAlone

;P

Not sure what I'm missing, but I cant find a single connection to high levels of Salicylates in the body.

I have good hopes that being well hydrated for once in my life could be an answer. Today, I already felt my muscles let go and I could move my neck at work without stiffness or pain. When i had lowered my head and realized it, I actually broke down crying. It was shocking. I hope the wellness continues with what I'm doing!!!
I haven't backed up it yet, just saw it on website talking about a gene that causes low cholinesterase, many are intolerant to salicylates as well as nightshades. Glad you figured out what was helpful for you :)

OP
Can

Can

Low CO2 / high lactate. Poor pyruvate dehydrogenase functioning probably, which gets primarily stimulated by B1 + magnesium.

I’d try a high dose thiamine HCL + magnesium-malate or -glycinate with it. Like 1000mg B1 + 400-500mg magnesium.

If the cell is stuck in this anaerobic glycolysis, it can present in all types of weird symptoms (due to low ATP output, affecting all systems) but panic, anxiety, breathlessness and lack of oxygenation are some serious indications.

Check out:
Hormones Mattter for more info on this subject.
Thiamine is required for all of these systems. If you are deficient in thiamine or have a thiamine functional blockage, you could have many seemingly unrelated symptoms.

Thiamine deficiency causes your cells to be unable to burn sugar. Your cells would respond as if you have low blood sugar, which would cause your liver to release more stored glucose into the blood but this would not help the cells to burn the sugar. The brain needs a lot of energy to function properly. If energy production is blocked either by thiamine deficiency or by hypothyroidism it will be detrimental to brain function.

Did you take it? For very long? The Nightmare of Benzodiazepine Withdrawal- Hormones Matter

Also, there are studies showing thiamine supplementation improves anxiety:

The pancreas needs thiamine in order to make insulin.
"It is concluded from this study that thiamin deficiency per se induced a reduction in body weight, pancreatic protein and digestive enzyme content and increased protein and digestive enzyme secretion due to metabolic derangements leading probably to altered redox state of pancreatic acinar cell."
also: Pancreatic Physiology/Pathophysiology: Proinflammatory cytokines inhibit thiamin uptake by human and mouse pancreatic acinar cells: involvement of transcriptional mechanism(s)

Abstract​

Thiamin (vitamin B1) plays critical roles in normal metabolism and function of all mammalian cells. Pancreatic acinar cells (PACs) import thiamin from circulation via specific carrier-mediated uptake that involves thiamin transporter-1 and -2 (THTR-1 and -2; products of SLC19A2 and SLC19A3, respectively). Our aim in this study was to investigate the effect(s) of proinflammatory cytokines on thiamin uptake by PACs. We used human primary (h)PACs, PAC 266-6 cells, and mice in vivo as models in the investigations. First, we examined the level of expression of THTR-1 and -2 mRNA in pancreatic tissues of patients with chronic pancreatitis and observed severe reduction in their expression compared with normal control subjects. Exposing hPACs and PAC 266-6 to proinflammatory cytokines (hyper IL-6, TNF-α, and IL-1β) was found to lead to a significant inhibition in thiamin uptake. Focusing on hyper-IL-6 (which also inhibited thiamin uptake by primary mouse PACs), the inhibition in thiamin uptake was found to be associated with significant reduction in THTR-1 and -2 proteins and mRNA expression as well as in activity of the SLC19A2 and SLC19A3 promoters; it was also associated with reduction in level of expression of the transcription factor Sp1 (which is required for activity of these promoters). Finally, blocking the intracellular Stat3 signaling pathway was found to lead to a significant reversal in the inhibitory effect of hyper IL-6 on thiamin uptake by PAC 266-6. These results show that exposure of PACs to proinflammatory cytokines negatively impacts thiamin uptake via (at least in part) transcriptional mechanism(s).

If what you eat has more glucose/sugar in it than what your available thiamine can deal with then you will get negative symptoms. Thiamine deficiency would make the blood sugar go up.

The rda for thiamine is ridiculously low (1.2-1.5mg). It's enough to keep you breathing but not enough to keep you healthy.

Please note that your thyroid needs thiamine to do its job. Oxidative metabolism (burning glucose for fuel) requires both thyroid hormone AND thiamine. The symptoms of hypothyroidism and thiamine deficiency are very similar. A TSH above 1 would indicate a problem with hypothyroidism.

suggested reading:

I read your posts @youngsinatra and @mostlylurking and listened to some podcasts about thiamine and I am beginning to think that thiamine deficiency might play a big role in my situation. The symptoms of thiamine deficiency just sound so eerily similar to many of the things I experienced.

There were times when my legs just felt different, like my nerves weren't properly communicating with my brain, where I had perceptual changes, increased heart rate and symptoms concerning my heart in general, digestive complaints, where I felt my thyroid strongly, etc. Symptoms regarding the heart, the nerves, the digestive system and metabolism that can all be connected to thiamine deficiency.

This would also explain why my situation became so much worse after I was on a high carb diet. I briefly mentioned this but not in detail - the first panic attacks were, retrospectively, a lot weaker and milder than the attacks I had later. I could also still eat big meals for breakfast without problems, just felt off in the evenings sometimes. Then I came across Ray Peat and started experimenting with a high carb high calorie diet - I started eating a lot of ripe fruit, honey and low-fat milk, plus some processed sweets. I ate HUGE amounts of calories mostly in the form of carbs every day (combined with a sedentary lifestyle) - thiamine being necessary for sugar metabolism, maybe I used a lot of my remaining stores up in that time.

Then, one day, after eating two bananas, a big glass of Oj and a bit later some rye bread with cheese for dinner, I had the, to this day, worst attack of my life - all the attacks before were absolutely mild in comparison, and I think to this day that I wasn't that far away from having a stroke. And since that very day, I feel like I am much less tolerant towards carbs, like my sugar metabolism is impaired. I used to be able to eat big pancakes with lots of oats, fruits, even quite many very sweet Medjoul dates all at once with no problems whatsoever - since that day, even eating one piece of fruit too much, triggers symptoms that are similar to that experience I had, just in weaker.

The only way I am subsisting rn is by eating very little carbs intuitively. I FEEL how my body doesn't tolerate carbs like it used to. In light of thiamine, this intuition makes a lot of sense.

I don't know if thiamine deficiency is the root cause of the other problems I have, or if it is just one problem among others, but I am certainly willing to try supplementing thiamine now, considering what I have learned about thiamine and realizing how much my symptoms overlap with those of a deficiency. But I have a few questions:

1. Nutrients never work on their own, they always work together with other nutrients - magnesium being one that was already mentioned. Are there any other nutrients that I should look into? I don't wanna supplement thiamine and deplete other nutrients while doing it.

2. So should I just use thiamine HCL? What about benfotiamin or other forms?

3. What is the best form of magnesium to take? Are there relevant differences between magnesium glycinate/malate?

4. Any specific brands that you know to have high quality products (that ship to Germany)?

5. Do you have any more advice? Like into how many doses I should be splitting the thiamine and magnesium, what times are the best to take them, etc?

Concerning my sensitivity to supplements, I will just be starting with a smaller dosage and gradually increase it.

Also, what do you think about yeast extracts like Marmite as a natural source for b vitamins? Are there other good food sources besides whole grains, beans and yeast?

Last edited:
OP
Can

Can

OP
Can

Can

Great news!! One less thing to worry about.
True. Since my very first 'experience' in October I am certain that something (or the lack of something) in my body is causing this. I don't need antidepressants, I need an actual remedy :P

Last edited:

mostlylurking

1. Nutrients never work on their own, they always work together with other nutrients - magnesium being one that was already mentioned. Are there any other nutrients that I should look into? I don't wanna supplement thiamine and deplete other nutrients while doing it.
I'd focus on the thiamine and maybe take a little magnesium. I use magnesium glycinate. It's best to avoid magnesium citrate.
2. So should I just use thiamine HCL? What about benfotiamin?
I settled on thiamine hcl after trying to use TTFD thiamine and having a bad reaction. TTFD uses glutathione to work. my glutathione was depleted. Thiamine hcl increases glutathione and my level is normal now for the first time in many years.
3. What is the best form of magnesium to take? Are there relevant differences between magnesium glycinate/malate?
I like magnesium glycinate. Avoid the citrate one.
4. Any specific brands that you know to have high quality products (that ship to Germany)?
I don't know anything about that. I get my thiamine hcl from bulksupplements.com, also from purebulk.com.
5. And do you have any more advice? Like into how many doses I should be splitting the thiamine and magnesium, what times are the best to take them, etc?
I'd like to suggest that you get this book: Book - “Parkinson’s and the B1 Therapy” - Cure Parkinson's
"The book covers the science and research, the protocol and tips on how to get the dose right, and many people’s personal stories. I hope people who have had no success with the therapy so far might consider giving it a second chance. I have a big section on ‘non-responders’. Dr Costantini’s colleagues have read the book, checked my advice is in line with Dr Costantini’s and described the book as honest and ‘eccellenti’! All profits are going to the fund for future B1 research." Go to amazon.com to buy the book.

I'm following Dr. Costantini's protocol. His website is here: HDT Therapy
Also, what do you think about yeast extracts like Marmite as a natural source for b vitamins? Are there other good food sources besides whole grains, beans and yeast?
My knowledge base isn't great on this topic. I've used nutritional yeast in the past but now I'm relying on niacinamide, riboflavin, biotin powders from bulksupplements.com.

OP
Can

Can

I'd focus on the thiamine and maybe take a little magnesium. I use magnesium glycinate. It's best to avoid magnesium citrate.

I settled on thiamine hcl after trying to use TTFD thiamine and having a bad reaction. TTFD uses glutathione to work. my glutathione was depleted. Thiamine hcl increases glutathione and my level is normal now for the first time in many years.

Okay, thanks! I'll just be sticking to what you and @youngsinatra are saying and buy thiamince hcl and magnesium glycinate then. I really hope this will help me be able to eat carbs again! I am still not certain how big the role of thiamine is in view of my entire situation exactly (how could I be), but I'll see what it does for me and then go from there. And I'll start with smaller doses and gradually up the dose, just to be on the safe side. I'll post updates too.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

Okay, thanks! I'll just be sticking to what you and @youngsinatra are saying and buy thiamince hcl and magnesium glycinate then. I really hope this will help me be able to eat carbs again! I am still not certain how big the role of thiamine is in view of my entire situation exactly (how could I be), but I'll see what it does for me and then go from there. And I'll start with smaller doses and gradually up the dose, just to be on the safe side. I'll update you on my situation.
I want to put in another good word for the book I mentioned above. It's short (less than 100 pages), easy to read, and less than $10.00. I've been studying about thiamine for 2 years. The book had a wealth of helpful information in it. The personal stories of others' thiamine journeys were very informative as were their explanations of what dose worked and what didn't and what to do if you get negative symptoms. The doses that worked for different people varied widely.

Phosphor

Do an ERMI test on where you are living. Your symptoms are typical of toxic mold exposure, and often water damage is not visible and this is not a "housekeeping issue." Your doctors will NOT have done the tests that would show you are in mold exposure, as none of them do, so I suggest you go read survivingmold.com and consider that you are chasing ghosts.

OP
Can

Can

Do an ERMI test on where you are living. Your symptoms are typical of toxic mold exposure, and often water damage is not visible and this is not a "housekeeping issue." Your doctors will NOT have done the tests that would show you are in mold exposure, as none of them do, so I suggest you go read survivingmold.com and consider that you are chasing ghosts.
What a synchronicity. I do have a little mold in my room (just a small patch) and usually don't notice anything because I usually spend no more than a few hours a day in that room and thought that it is really so little that it wouldn't affect me much, because I ALWAYS keep the windows there open. Today I spent the entire morning, noon and afternoon hours there (more than usual in an awake state), and my throat feels noticeably congested as if I caught a cold, and my saliva has an odd color when I spit it out. I had this too when I was in our cellar for some time, and there is a huge spot of black mold there.

Yesterday I also listened to podcasts on thiamine deficiency and Elliot Overton said that the symptoms of lyme disease and mold toxicity are similar to those of thiamine deficiency and can easily be conflated.

However, the room I used to sleep in when I had that first panic attack in October, does not have any visible mold in it. There are only three spots with mold in our house that I am aware of, the one room I mentioned, another room and the cellar. There was indeed a leak allowing for mold growth in two other rooms, but it supposedly was fixed and there is no visible mold to be seen anywhere in those rooms. My throat does also not feel congested when spending a lot of time in those other rooms. I don't really know. Maybe I'll test the other rooms for invisible mold like you suggested (and ceck my body if that is possible?).

Last edited:
OP
Can

Can

Maybe to revive this thread a little:
I will also be getting a gastroscopy in the near future.
Why gastroscopy? They are not safe.
I went to a gastroenterologist for the first time a few weeks ago, and in line with pretty much all experiences I had with standard medical doctors so far, it was very disappointing. He thought it was appropriate to push our exchange to revolve around whether I thought about going to a psychotherapist, without even knowing my situation beyond what I told him for a few minutes. No inquiry, nothing. Man, the entire medical profession seems so lost nowadays, it's insane. 'You have any symptom? Thought about being mentally sick, dude?'

Anyway, we did make an appointment for a gastroscopy, and one for a blood test to check for food intolerances. The date for the blood test is in september, for the gastroscopy in january, they did not give appointments earlier. I don't mind really, I took the dates but I hope I make noticeable progress in figuring out my health situation until then, so that the gastroscopy will not be necessary and I can cancel it.

Last edited:
OP
Can

Can

Got new bloodwork done. Only a few markers though. Vitamin D is in the normal ranges now. TSH is in the normal range according to this paper, but still slightly elevated I think? Don't know about the other markers.

Attachments

• New Bloodwork 08.09.2022.png
    New Bloodwork 08.09.2022.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
OP
Can

Can

I didn't take the vitamin B1 or anything else except for the occasional vitamin D yet btw. I am still sometimes considering trying it, but so far I am much more drawn to trying to heal by relying on natural foods to meet my requirements as much as possible, instead of high dosing individual nutrients. I do my best to include foods rich in b vitamins like bee bread in my diet, and bought some bakers yeast, marmite and a vitamin b tonikum (the one from Salus). For some reason, I have an aversion from trying thiamine on its own and will only do so if my situation doesn't improve without it.

I didn't have a major panic attack since I started this thread, only occasional discomfort after meals every now and then. I didn't have any symptoms for a few weeks when it was warmer, then went outside on a cold evening and felt muslce tightness in my throat and shoulder area and my cervical vertebrae hurt (couldn't turn my head without it hurting), a few days ago. Since then, generally felt more prone to slight panic again, compared to before. I feel like, as complex as my situation has laid itself out to me over the months, it could be as simple as muscle imbalances/tightness leading to imbalances in the spine & thus the nervous system, which lead to all kinds of weird symptoms. I read about how vertebral blockages can lead to the most diverse symptoms, including panic, nervousness, but also organ-related symptoms like skin issues, weird feeling in chest/heart and digestive complaints.

Anyways, I'll keep this thread updated, even if I remain the only recent poster.

HeyThere

felt muslce tightness in my throat and shoulder area and my cervical vertebrae hurt (couldn't turn my head without it hurting), a few days ago. Since then, generally felt more prone to slight panic again, compared to before.

THIS. Whenever the muscle deep in my right shoulder area spasms directly next to the neck, I get such horrible panic that I'm emotionally frozen until it releases and then I wonder what the heck I was panicked about. My chiropractor explained nerves are trapped by the spasm.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals