Help Me Understand My Mother's Lab Results (T3, T4, TSH)

humfree75

Hi, my mother lab results just came back and there seems to be some Thyroid related issues. I was looking at other threads to help me understand her results better, but the units seem to be different (she lives in France), so I am kind of lost here. She's 52, 130lbs, and trying to figure out why she's been feeling sluggish for the past couple years.
Following RP's advice and following the advice posted on this forum has dramatically increase my health, so I figured you guys could help me understand what's going on with her. Here's what out of range on her results :

Free T3 : 7.90 pg/mL (normal range 2.0 to 4.4)
12.13 pmol/L (normal range 3.1 to 6.8)

Free T4 : 26.31 pg/mL (normal range 9.3 to 17)
34.83 pmol/L (normal range 12 to 22)

T.S.H. : <0.005 mU/L (normal range 0.25 to 4.2)

She received another result from the same blood sample but tested by another lab, which would translate to "TSH anti-receptor antibody" : 8.43 UI/L (normal range <1.75 UI/L)

Thanks guys!

stpa92

She has Graves’ disease

Her body produces an antibody against the TSH receptor, however rather than destroying the thyroid this antibody actually stimulates the thyroid to make more hormone

OP
H

humfree75

Thanks for your input. Will it eventually regulate itself, or is it something she should be worried about? Any advice on how she can tweak her diet to get things back to normal?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals