My First Blood Work Results - Help Me Understand

javin

Hey everyone,

I had my first round of blood testing done and got the results back. Here are the symptoms I'm experiencing/looking to improve:
  • Cold extremities (Eating a lot of food seems to help this. Since I started on a more Peat-like diet, my hands are warmer for a longer period of the day.)
  • Low basal body temperature (avg. ~96.8 - 97.4°)
  • Low resting pulse rate (avg. ~60 BPM)
  • Waking up in the middle of the night/hard to fall back asleep
  • Hair/nail quality could be better. Some thinning/receding. Slight vertical nail ridges.
  • Strange digestion. My bowel movements aren't always solid and sometimes break apart easily. They just don't always look and feel what I would consider to be normal. However, I am regular and go every morning at almost the same time. Sometimes it feels like things pass too quickly through me and aren't fully digested.
I'm wondering if my tests might point to any possible ways I could improve my symptoms and improve my health in general. It's clear that I'm low in Vit. D, so I've been making it a point to sunbathe daily. I'm not sure about my other numbers, especially the thyroid ones. Some help decoding would be much appreciated! At this point I've just been focusing on eating a Peat-inspired diet (avoiding PUFA, good amounts of sugar, protein from milk, cheese, liver, shellfish, some beef, adding salt, etc. you get the idea). I'm wondering if I should take some further measures to help improve things. What do you think? How does it look? :)

ZreW6YC.png

tLAq5lh.png

M7JHTi8.png

N4WOtia.png

Thanks in advance for taking a look and giving feedback!

Last edited:

meatbag

Hey Javin,

I'm no expert but when I emailed Peat recently he said it's important to get your vitamin D up to 50 ng/mL. I know he's said in interviews TSH should be below 1. How's your temp and pulse respond to food?

Are you eating carrot salad and gelatin?

OP
javin

javin

Hey Javin,

I'm no expert but when I emailed Peat recently he said it's important to get your vitamin D up to 50 ng/mL. I know he's said in interviews TSH should be below 1. How's your temp and pulse respond to food?

Are you eating carrot salad and gelatin?

Thanks for the reply and tips! I'm already working hard on the Vitamin D; my levels should rise soon, especially with summer coming.

My temps and pulse always rise when I eat food. If I feel my hands are cold I can eat a big meal and they will warm up.

I do have a daily carrot salad. I don't consume Great Lakes gelatin (I feel weird about consuming it just mixed in drinks), however I do eat chicharones and gummies pretty often and I'm starting to make weekly soups with beef bone broth. Do you think that's enough gelatin or should I eat more?

tara

• Waking up in the middle of the night/hard to fall back asleep
In the past when I've had this trouble, a little carbohydrate often got me back to sleep. Years ago it was chocky bikkies. More ecently dates. These days it seldom happens, but a couple of slurps of OJ can make a difference.
These days, if I eat enough and breath through my nose I seldom wake in the night. But on occasion a couple of slurps of OJ can make a difference.

OP
javin

javin

In the past when I've had this trouble, a little carbohydrate often got me back to sleep. Years ago it was chocky bikkies. More ecently dates. These days it seldom happens, but a couple of slurps of OJ can make a difference.
These days, if I eat enough and breath through my nose I seldom wake in the night. But on occasion a couple of slurps of OJ can make a difference.

Good to know! I've been trying carbs before bed this week and it does seem to be helping. I'm also currently obsessed with dates! How did I go so many years without trying these? They're divine.

meatbag

Thanks for the reply and tips! I'm already working hard on the Vitamin D; my levels should rise soon, especially with summer coming.

My temps and pulse always rise when I eat food. If I feel my hands are cold I can eat a big meal and they will warm up.

I do have a daily carrot salad. I don't consume Great Lakes gelatin (I feel weird about consuming it just mixed in drinks), however I do eat chicharones and gummies pretty often and I'm starting to make weekly soups with beef bone broth. Do you think that's enough gelatin or should I eat more?

Cool yeah I think it's a good sign if you feel better after eating for sure. I always see people talking about the finger nail ridges and zinc and or magnesium.

I think the amount of gelatin depends on how much meat you eat. Yeah I don't like the great lakes hydrosolate personally, usually i use the regular beef or knox gelatin. I just make like an orange juice gummy cake by letting it bloom in OJ for 5 minutes, mixing it up and then heating until its uniform. Put it in the fridge for an hour and you've got a gummy block haha

With the sleep, I've honestly noticed if I eat meat/liver after mid-day then I sleep way worse,nightmares,insomnia, and wake up, but that could just be me. Salt/sugar milk and magnesium helps a lot with sleep for me as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals