Why Do I Feel Better With High Estogen (male)?

OP
S

stsfut

Supposedly HCG will increase pregnenolone levels by getting your testes working again. It is not Peat-friendly as it is possibly carcinogenic, but it probably wouldn't hurt to expirement with it. Many guys find that they are able to lower their dose of T while they are on it. I recently started TRT doses of T. Hoping for a miracle, but I know it could always make me worse. I'm coming from total T levels in the 200s though, so something is bound to happen. Almost 2 weeks in and don't notice anything yet, but I've read that's normal.
Yeah I actually take hcg already. But still very low progesterone.

tara

I took arimidex and now I’m a walking erection, but feel cold and anxious.
Feeling cold or hold can be a reflection of the thermostat setting as well as actual temperature - measuring body temps could help determine more accurately where you are at with this, if you are supplementing thyroid too.

fradon

I am on testosterone replacement (don't need to hear judgement about how that is a dumb thing to do). Anyways, I feel much better mood, energy, and especially anxiety wise when my estrogen is too high. However, I suffer from mild to extreme erectile dysfunction and lowered libido when it is high. My question is why I feel good when Peat says high estrogen is bad? This is covering up weak adrenals or something like that?

i'll take a crack at this

i see two systems. ESTROGEN SERONTONIN and TESTOSTERONE DOPAMINE

serotonin can trigger a state of calm and relax and the parasympathetic nervous system WHILE DOPAMINE converts to adreanline and noradreanline and these things can lead to stress hormone build up. So it could be in the way your body is used to using these hormones. Testosterone can act as a stimulant which would not be so bad if you had something to use that energy on. Think of taking a bunch of caffiene and then siting on the couch all day. Your body is on stress over drive and you just sitting instead of walking or running that energy off. If you have been ESTROGEN dominant for a while then your body is used to taking it easy and now with the Testosterone you are adding more stress to your body.

opethfeldt

From both my experience and a friend, I think you need high DHT and androgens to feel good with low estrogen as a male. I don't think your androgens are necessarily elevated enough just from lowering estrogen in certain cases. I believe progesterone or pregnenolone could also help the situation.

guess I picked the wrong day to quit estrogen

(Airplane reference)

I think estrogen is more complicated than we can believe, even though I'm sure Peat is right. Estrone seems to be not so bad, as a storage form of estradiol. Estradiol seems to be bad. But higher increases libido. I sometimes take mushrooms (the button kind prepared correctly) and it lowers my libido and ruins erections. I suspect from too much aromatase inhibition. Complicated stuff.
I agree estrogen is somewhat complex.

What’s weird is I actually get raised libido and better erections from white mushrooms even though my estrogen is already bottom of the range. Maybe there is another mechanism white mushrooms are affecting. I’m not sure what it is. Perhaps liver health or bowels... not sure

GreekDemiGod

Went out to a party last night. Drank 2 beers only.
My mood was greatly uplifted, anxiety and intrusive thoughts powerfully reduced.
Morning after: high sex-drive, rock hard erection, high energy levels and optimism towards life.

I really don't thrive on Peat at the moment. Thyroid, dopamine, something is missing for me.

Kunstruct

My mood was greatly uplifted, anxiety and intrusive thoughts powerfully reduced.
Morning after: high sex-drive, rock hard erection, high energy levels and optimism towards life.

I really don't thrive on Peat at the moment. Thyroid, dopamine, something is missing for me.

Do you believe it is ok to disregard your going out as being nothing, I often feel better when the social encounter goes well, more hopeful, ect. and the idea is that I do need to drink to get better mood by having positive interactions with people.
As far as I understand from you, it's all about the beer. Then why don't you choose not to interact with people and drink some beer in some solitude and see how things turn out.

Also are you sure the beer made you more optimistic towards life or it wasn't the rock hard erection which was there in contrast to other mornings where this sort of erection was not present.

Last edited:

GreekDemiGod

@Spartan300 Whenever I powerfully lower cortisol through Aspirin or Taurine, my energy levels crash even lower.
Today I feel better and more energetic than I've ever been on Peat.

Spartan300

@GreekDemiGod ok that's interesting. I think there's something not to be overlooked in @Kunstruct view.
I have experienced similar to you after really fulfilling social occasions with the right people

redsun

From what I recall I only ever seen you mention using B6 as pyridoxine HCL. This B6 imo is useless. You have to rely on your body's ability and willingness to convert it to active B6. Active B6 will raise dopamine and histamine. And in my experience using it, it does so better than anything else. Taking pyridoxine HCL is a bad idea, especially when we consider dopamine and histamine being made with B6, taking inactive B6 in massive doses that requires a lot of things to go right for it to work is not a good idea.

Ive been taking just active B6 (P5P) recently at 25mg a day (no other B vitamins or minerals) and the dopamine and histamine boost is better than most anything else I can think of. If you want to try P5P take it with a good protein meal. I cannot stress enough how useless the pyridoxine HCL version is and possibly even detrimental to anyone that wants higher dopamine.

GutFeeling

Exemestane made me feel like crap, less attention, anxiety, low energy, hot flashes, depression, quick and strong mood swings, headaches, bone and joint pain and low libido. Feel bad for the women taking it lol

Zoiros

Correlation doesn’t equal causation. Pharmaceutical AI’s/E blockers inhibit more than just E, like protective neurosteroids.

Alcohol raises dopamine, as well as E. That doesn’t mean E-promoting substances are good for your health.

I do everything I can to tank my E levels and I’ve never felt better. Low starch, high protein, coffee, aspirin, maintaining low body fat, saturated fats, apigenin/chamomile, sunlight, etc.

Jing

From what I recall I only ever seen you mention using B6 as pyridoxine HCL. This B6 imo is useless. You have to rely on your body's ability and willingness to convert it to active B6. Active B6 will raise dopamine and histamine. And in my experience using it, it does so better than anything else. Taking pyridoxine HCL is a bad idea, especially when we consider dopamine and histamine being made with B6, taking inactive B6 in massive doses that requires a lot of things to go right for it to work is not a good idea.

Ive been taking just active B6 (P5P) recently at 25mg a day (no other B vitamins or minerals) and the dopamine and histamine boost is better than most anything else I can think of. If you want to try P5P take it with a good protein meal. I cannot stress enough how useless the pyridoxine HCL version is and possibly even detrimental to anyone that wants higher dopamine.
What effects do you notice ? And what is considered a good protein meal??

redsun

Better mood, more social and more positive social feedback from friends as well as strangers(prob increase in oxytocin from dopamine/histamine as well as the neurotransmitter themselves), more chilled out instead of high adrenaline seriousness (dealt with this for awhile, and I use many things to try and relieve it) yet not too relaxed that I can still be vigilant and focus. More enjoyment from life in general and urges to go out and do stuff.

I will admit strangers being overly nice to you can get annoying though. Already had that issue before, got worse now.

redsun

40-50g of protein from meat preferably (generally has more histidine in it compared to eggs and dairy) but technically any animal protein can work. Also forgot the mention the pro-social effects are similar to the effects I get when I take thyroid as T3 (tyronene) or NDT.

lampofred

I think if estrogen makes you feel better then calcium is too low relative to phosphate and copper is too low relative to iron (tissue stores over lifetime intake, not necessarily current intake). Calcium and copper (and maybe also gelatin) shift the balance to adrenaline (which is more excitatory) over serotonin, whereas phosphate/iron do the opposite, and low estrogen combined with low adrenaline will lead to a feeling of deadness.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals