Bloodwork Looks Good (High T, High DHT etc) but I still feel terrible? Please help

Ssshhhrek

Hey guys. So at the start of January 2021, I started getting symptoms of my bilateral varicoceles including testicular atrophy, erectile dysfunction, low energy etc. In November 2022 I finally got all the varicoceles fixed (confirmed by ultrasound they are gone) but I still have symptoms including:

-Both testicles are smaller than previously (they measure 4.5cm in length but in the past they were around 6-6.5cm).
-Left testicle is firm, right testicle is squishy/soft/doesn’t hold its shape
-Sometimes erectile dysfunction
-Low libido
-Cognitive decline
-Brain fog
-Testicles are tight/close to the body even when it’s hot
-Mild gyno

I lift weights 5x a week (gaining strength every session), sleep 8-9 hours daily. I ice my testicles 2-3 times daily for 10-15 minutes and my semen is thick and white so I don’t think I’m infertile. This is my daily diet:

200g organic ground beef
750g plain greek yogurt
6 whole eggs
2 scoops whey isolate (only ingredients are whey protein isolate and sunflower lecithin)
750g potatoes (both sweet and yellow)
100g white rice
100g 100% rolled oats (I tried cutting out the oats from my diet for a few months but no difference)
Pickled spicy peppers
300g Frozen raspberry, blueberry mix
40g honey
2-3 bananas
2 raw carrots
1 Brazil nut
Cinnamon
Only cook with extra virgin olive oil

Daily supplements:
10,000 IU vitamin D3
225mcg vitamin k2
Multivitamin
750mg magnesium (blend of oxide, gluconate, lactate)
400mg COQ10
1800mg EPA fish oil
1200mg DHA fish oil

No prescription medications, no drugs, no smoking.

Blood work (April 2023):
Total Testosterone: 841 ng/dl (Range 241-905)
Free Testosterone: 558 pmol/L (Range 160-699)
DHT: 2969 pmol/L (Range 1032-2924)
Prolactin: 2ug/L (I use cabergoline(Range <18)
LH: 5.9 IU/L (Range 1.3-9.6)
FSH: 8 IU/L (Range 1-16)
TSH: 3.19 mIU/L (Range 0.35-5)
Free T3: 5.4 pmol/L (Range 3.4-5.9)
Free T4: 17 pmol/L (Range 11-23)
Cortisol: 312 nmol/L (Range 65-540)
SHBG: 45nmol/L (Range 12-60)
Estradiol: 127 pmol/L (Range <159)
DHEA: 9.8 umol/L (Range 5.73-13.4)
Progesterone: 1.5 nmol/L (Range <0.7)

I do not understand why I feel so terrible with squishy testicles, low libido etc with this hormonal profile. On paper things look pretty good but before I did these tests I genuinely thought I was hypogonadal because I feel so bad. To put it into perspective, in 2020 (before I had any symptoms) I tested my total testosterone for fun and it was only 470 ng/dl. So right now I have almost double the testosterone yet I feel far worse with smaller testicles and worse libido. And no I never took any covid “vaccines” thankfully.

Any help/input is much appreciated. I just want to feel healthy again and regain my testicular size. Thank you everybody!

HumanLife

I upped my calories recently and feel more energetic. Sometimes the body really just needs more fuel.

In the Peatsphere we don’t take fish oil because of its unsaturated nature.

Icing testicles isn’t something I would have the balls to do. Sounds unnecessarily stressful.

Check a physio out - the issue could also be structural in nature.

I second the whole calorie thing. When I’m low on calories everything just sucks. And it is doubly true when the carbs are low. Maybe try to find a way to add more carbs to your regimen. Sometimes you have to sub out things like potatoes for white rice or just add more sugar to things to get the carbs in.

My libido personally is great when I follow a super high carb low fat diet. It also works if it’s high fat and carb but then I just get fat so it’s not optimal long term. But the carbs I’ve determined are the X factor. Just my anecdote. Hope that helps

Peatful

1- Thrilled to see the first two replies are recommending upping kcal
2- you are hypothyroid. You are not meeting your metabolic needs. Your thyroid has adjusted- as seen with your lab values
3- are you c19 vaxxed?

Eat more. Rest more. Get out in the sun. Dump the fish oil. Maybe add some Mexican coke with a meal a day.

peter88

I would say dump all of the supplements for 2 weeks and re-evaluate what you may need after things clear up. Each supplement will have a distinct effect when you start with 1 at a time. For example, many notice their libido goes down from vitamin d while others may see an increase. Experiment.

youngsinatra

Omega 3 used to cause me erectile dysfunction in the past. I used to take 3 gr. (combined EPA/DHA) for 3-4 years before I found Ray‘s work.

Last year I had some weird skin issue (that since then resolved through other means), that I thought could be due to low omega 3 intake, so I tried taking my usual dosage of 3 gr. EPA/DHA and within 3 days I felt extremely hypothyroid and my **** stopped working.

It also put me into an extreme cholinergic depressed/helpless state.

Trying not to repeat previous advice, I would:

-Try more fruit juices, or melons, oranges, etc. instead of berries and bananas
-Use highly saturated fat for cooking like coconut oil or butter
-Try a 2:1 carb : protein ratio or higher

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey guys. So at the start of January 2021, I started getting symptoms of my bilateral varicoceles including testicular atrophy, erectile dysfunction, low energy etc. In November 2022 I finally got all the varicoceles fixed (confirmed by ultrasound they are gone) but I still have symptoms including:

-Both testicles are smaller than previously (they measure 4.5cm in length but in the past they were around 6-6.5cm).
-Left testicle is firm, right testicle is squishy/soft/doesn’t hold its shape
-Sometimes erectile dysfunction
-Low libido
-Cognitive decline
-Brain fog
-Testicles are tight/close to the body even when it’s hot
-Mild gyno

I lift weights 5x a week (gaining strength every session), sleep 8-9 hours daily. I ice my testicles 2-3 times daily for 10-15 minutes and my semen is thick and white so I don’t think I’m infertile. This is my daily diet:

200g organic ground beef
750g plain greek yogurt
6 whole eggs
2 scoops whey isolate (only ingredients are whey protein isolate and sunflower lecithin)
750g potatoes (both sweet and yellow)
100g white rice
100g 100% rolled oats (I tried cutting out the oats from my diet for a few months but no difference)
Pickled spicy peppers
300g Frozen raspberry, blueberry mix
40g honey
2-3 bananas
2 raw carrots
1 Brazil nut
Cinnamon
Only cook with extra virgin olive oil

Daily supplements:
10,000 IU vitamin D3
225mcg vitamin k2
Multivitamin
750mg magnesium (blend of oxide, gluconate, lactate)
400mg COQ10
1800mg EPA fish oil
1200mg DHA fish oil

No prescription medications, no drugs, no smoking.

Blood work (April 2023):
Total Testosterone: 841 ng/dl (Range 241-905)
Free Testosterone: 558 pmol/L (Range 160-699)
DHT: 2969 pmol/L (Range 1032-2924)
Prolactin: 2ug/L (I use cabergoline(Range <18)
LH: 5.9 IU/L (Range 1.3-9.6)
FSH: 8 IU/L (Range 1-16)
TSH: 3.19 mIU/L (Range 0.35-5)
Free T3: 5.4 pmol/L (Range 3.4-5.9)
Free T4: 17 pmol/L (Range 11-23)
Cortisol: 312 nmol/L (Range 65-540)
SHBG: 45nmol/L (Range 12-60)
Estradiol: 127 pmol/L (Range <159)
DHEA: 9.8 umol/L (Range 5.73-13.4)
Progesterone: 1.5 nmol/L (Range <0.7)

I do not understand why I feel so terrible with squishy testicles, low libido etc with this hormonal profile. On paper things look pretty good but before I did these tests I genuinely thought I was hypogonadal because I feel so bad. To put it into perspective, in 2020 (before I had any symptoms) I tested my total testosterone for fun and it was only 470 ng/dl. So right now I have almost double the testosterone yet I feel far worse with smaller testicles and worse libido. And no I never took any covid “vaccines” thankfully.

Any help/input is much appreciated. I just want to feel healthy again and regain my testicular size. Thank you everybody!
Do you have gut issues?

supercoolguy

Maybe try to find a way to add more carbs to your regimen.
Ray was working on his Simple Sugars to Protein Ratios. He was in the Range of 7/1 in a follow-up D.Rodd Podcast.
(Im shooting for 5/1)
dump all of the supplements for 2 weeks and re-evaluate what you may need after things clear up. Each supplement will have a distinct effect when you start with 1 at a time

-Try more fruit juices, or melons, oranges, etc. instead of berries and bananas
-Use highly saturated fat for cooking like coconut oil or butter
-Try a 2:1 carb : protein ratio or higher
In the Peatsphere we don’t take fish oil because of its unsaturated nature.

Icing testicles isn’t something I would have the balls to do. Sounds unnecessarily stressful.
Do you have gut issues?
Icing da-balls would only be 1-2min max IF at all.
I walk in the cooler air w/o a jacket sometimes for 10-15min to stimulate my system. Clearing my gut has been the best most consistent hormone shift I can think of. Chopped Aged Cascara Bark Tea. Carrots. Best of Health to you.

OP
S

Ssshhhrek

I second the whole calorie thing. When I’m low on calories everything just sucks. And it is doubly true when the carbs are low. Maybe try to find a way to add more carbs to your regimen. Sometimes you have to sub out things like potatoes for white rice or just add more sugar to things to get the carbs in.

My libido personally is great when I follow a super high carb low fat diet. It also works if it’s high fat and carb but then I just get fat so it’s not optimal long term. But the carbs I’ve determined are the X factor. Just my anecdote. Hope that helps
I eat around 3800 calories a day and 400g of carbs. Is this still too low?

OP
S

Ssshhhrek

1- Thrilled to see the first two replies are recommending upping kcal
2- you are hypothyroid. You are not meeting your metabolic needs. Your thyroid has adjusted- as seen with your lab values
3- are you c19 vaxxed?

Eat more. Rest more. Get out in the sun. Dump the fish oil. Maybe add some Mexican coke with a meal a day.
No I never took the covid vaccines thankfully. Currently eating ~3800 calories a day and about 400g carbs. I weigh 183lbs

Peatful

No I never took the covid vaccines thankfully. Currently eating ~3800 calories a day and about 400g carbs. I weigh 183lbs
Congratulations on no jab

Your TSH clearly indicates you’re hypothyroid
Meaning a stressed metabolism

Drop the fish oil
Get sun and rest
Bump your kcal slowly- say to 4000

Taking your morning temperature and then 20-30 minutes after breakfast in a relaxed state is a great objective measure as well

You’ll bounce back

Be consistent and patient

Keep blood sugar steady to calm your adrenals and feed your thyroid so to speak

40/30/30 or 50/20/20 c/p/f at every meal is a good rule

geusterman

Room for TSH to come down. It should barely show.
Hydration more
Adrenal insufficiency: Try 5mg hydrocortisone morn and afternoon. Up to 20 mg safe. It is a mother hormone we often don’t produce enough of (naturally about 40mg/day). You’ll know. It helps uptake T3 also vit C.

Hans

Forum Supporter
No I don’t. Digestion is great
Noradrenaline plays a big role in libido and it's often times very low in people with no libido. The gut plays a massive role in dopamine to noradrenaline conversion (by inhibiting it). Many people seem to have some form of bacteria and/or fungal overgrowth with leaky gut even with no symptoms, except low libido. An organic acid test is a good one to investigate this angle.

HumanLife

Ray was working on his Simple Sugars to Protein Ratios. He was in the Range of 7/1 in a follow-up D.Rodd Podcast.
(Im shooting for 5/1)

Icing da-balls would only be 1-2min max IF at all.
I walk in the cooler air w/o a jacket sometimes for 10-15min to stimulate my system. Clearing my gut has been the best most consistent hormone shift I can think of. Chopped Aged Cascara Bark Tea. Carrots. Best of Health to you.
What brand is the Chopped Aged Cascara Bark Tea? What do you take it with, how much, and for how long? Thank you!!

supercoolguy

What brand is the Chopped Aged Cascara Bark Tea? What do you take it with, how much, and for how long? Thank you!!
The Cleanest Bark I have is from: Mountain Rose Herbs.
The Other one is not a sifted: UpfulBlends.
Both are effective, Im Not sure but I think the Upfulblends has more punch. But the Rose Mountain is fine, just add more.

I scoop with a typical kitchen Teaspoon, the bark itself @ 4-6g.
Brewed with 8-10oz Hot Water for 10-15min. I pour off 6oz. Add a Tablespoon or More of Honey.
Leaving the remainder for the next afternoon or eve, IF I think its needed i drink it Well before/after a meal. Or Last thing B4 bed.

You'll have to experiment, I was told to use a pinch of bark, Wrong! Takes a good teaspoon and some seeping time.
Thats the Mountain Rose Brand in a Spoon from Starbucks, if that helps. After 8-12hrs the effect can extend for 2-3days if its a strong dose/brewed longer. If you want to boost the effectiveness, Ray mentioned adding an Aspirin. I do @ 1/2-1 full tablet 160-325mg. Experiment with Carbohydrate to counter the Aspirin's Lowered Blood Sugar effect, (Maybe some K2 if I remember)

IMG_20230612_001243444.jpg

Last edited:

Momado965

Noradrenaline plays a big role in libido and it's often times very low in people with no libido. The gut plays a massive role in dopamine to noradrenaline conversion (by inhibiting it). Many people seem to have some form of bacteria and/or fungal overgrowth with leaky gut even with no symptoms, except low libido. An organic acid test is a good one to investigate this angle.

What about a cyclic libido? I find myself going through phases of very high libido and very low libido, funny enough, when my libido is low I find myself clear head and feel calm. Those phases are independent of of sexual intimacy.

Hans

Forum Supporter
What about a cyclic libido? I find myself going through phases of very high libido and very low libido, funny enough, when my libido is low I find myself clear head and feel calm. Those phases are independent of of sexual intimacy.
Do you have a GF/wife?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals