20 Years Old - Need Advice! (Low T)

Dan12345

Hello guys,

I am really struggling to cope with life at the moment and feel that this is severely effecting my young years as I have so much that I want to do but really can't be normal, below I will list my lab results and as much information that I could list that may be useful for you to help me.

I have had symptoms for 2 years but light and bad spells: I've always had low libido and just thought that was me. The past 4 months ish I have really had the below symptoms amplified a huge amount.
Symptoms include:

• Concentration lacking massively / brain fog. (almost feel like I am not here a lot of the time, kind of like I’m in a dream/imagination)
  • Low libido - No interest at all - Get erections but seems to be getting less.
  • Legs ache a lot and neck. Sometimes fingers seems to ache?
  • Very tired most of the time, falling asleep in places I shouldn’t be
  • Anxiety and depression has increased a lot
  • Feel like I am just passing time at the moment with not much point and direction in life
  • Weight goes up a lot then back down
  • Headaches daily
  • Vision feels like it has got worse over the last 6 months
  • Mood swings
  • Forgetful
  • Disengage from social activity
  • Brauxism - daytime and night teeth clenching and grinding
  • Seem to get very hot at times but only for a short period of time maybe 10 minutes
  • Facial spasms, left side upper lip/left side under eye
    The list goes on…
I will now list my most recent blood results.

Serum prolactin: 571mU/L (86-324)
Serum testosterone :12.2 (9-29) - have had 9.8 test before
Serum FSH: 1.6iu/L (1.0-12)
Serum LH: 4.6iu/L (1 - 10 )
Serum free T4 - 19 pmol/L (10-22)
Serum TSH - 2.5mu/L (0.3-5.5)

Serum alkaline phostphate: 77IU/L (30-300)
!! Serum albumin: 50g/L (35-48)
Serum calcium: 2.36nmol/L (2.2 - 2.6)
Serum C reactive protein level <1mg/L (0-9)
Serum folate: 7.7 (2.1 - 26.8)
!! Serum B12: 738NG/l (190 - 660)
Erythrocyte sedimentation rate: 2mm (0-7)
Vitamin D: 108.9 (>50) - Was 35 1 month ago, before supplementing vitamin D

Haemoglobin: 145g/L (130-170)
White cell count: 4 109/L (4-11)
Platlet count: 275 10
9/L (150-400)
RBC count: 4.87 1012/L (4.5-6.5)
Haematocrit: 0.448 (0.400-0.540)
MCV: 92.1 fL (78-99)
MCH: 29.9 (27-32)
MCHC: 324 g/L (310-360)
!! Neutrophil count: 1.8 10
9/L (2-7.5)
Lymphocyte count: 1.6 109/L (1.5-3.5)
Monocyte count: 0.4 10
9/L (0.2-1.4)
Eosinphil count: 0.1 109/L (0-0.4)
Basophil count: 0.1 10
9/L (0-0.1)
Nucleated RBC 0

Following these results, I was referred to and endocrinologist which I paid private in the end because the waiting list was months and I needed it sooner. He wanted some additional levels tested before I saw him. These are my most recent test results.

Total test :12.2nmol/L (9-29)
SHBG: 26nmol/L (17-56)
Free androgen Index: 62.7
FSH: 1.7 iu/L (1-12)
LH: 7 iu/L (1-10)
Prolactin: 442 mU/L (86-324)

He said that my testosterone was not low as the FAI, was a healthy amount meaning that i had a good amount of free test. ( I think that for my age 9.8 - 12 average is poor)

Also prolactin was slightly lower.

FSH/LH/SHBG was said to be good levels

He stated that my urea level was 6.8 (2.5-6.7), meaning that i was dehydrated and he thinks this could play a part?? ( I don't think that this could have as much of an imp pact to my life as it has had)

Do people agree that these levels are ok, and put my symptoms down to other illnesses like depression, or do you think that i should continue with the endo route? I don't think that this is all caused from mental illnesses and think that that is just caused from something like hypogonadism/hypothyroidism/pituitary Tumor for example. I just need answers really and direction.

Below is the additional information that you may want to read to get a better understanding.

Height: 6ft 1
Weight: 160lb (Seems to be fluctuating a lot, goes up a lot then returns to normal)

Body and facial hair I get facial hair which has increased recenty a little bit, but is still not a lot. This is only recent in my life, I’d say about a year but very little amounts.Have a small amount of chest hair.

Fat I carry most of my fat around my waist, its always been around this area.

Medical history / Symptoms In my family we have a history of thyroid problems. My dad has Hypothyroidism and Hashimoto disease. His parents also have hypothyroidism. I have been a tired reasonably low libido person for easily 2 years but never really thought much of it as I thought it was just me growing up. I have had blood tests over the years and they always came back as ‘fine’
Recently over the past 3-4 months, my symptoms have got progressively worse to the stage where at times I have thought I have been going insane, but then at other times, I don’t feel as bad just lethargic.

Drugs
Have smoked weed in the past but not frequently, no more than 2 times in one month. Also finished some medication of terbinafine for 6 weeks about 1.5 - 2 months ago. The last time I drank alcohol was about 3 months ago due to not wanting to go out anymore.

Diet + Fitness
I was going the gym regularly from the new year for about 2 months (with a good diet counting macros etc around 3000cals) I have been to the gym on and off for 2 years made very small improvements, even though I eat well and train well. My diet when going to the gym is always high cals. The reason I cannot maintain going to the gym consistently without having to stop is because after a couple of months I am completely drained and I just have all of these symptoms. My training is a Push,Pull,Legs 2x a week and I used to run a bro split beforehand (5-6 days for both)

Supplements
Been taking vitamin D as my levels were low now well within the range. Dont take any others. Dont use iodized salt.

Damage
Never had any head damage

Dehydration
I have had issues in the past with dehydration from a young age which I have been to the hospital with (was a lot younger) I seem to get dehydrated easily - feel like I have to worry about drinking enough fluids more than others. - have to drink more recently

Sobieski

Hi Dan. I've been in a similar situation to yourself and I know how terrible it can be. The good news is you can massively improve your situation once you eliminate the causes.
If I were you, the first thing I would do is have a scan to rule out any possibility of a Pituitary tumour, due to your high prolactin levels. If/Once that is ruled out, you'll need to look into supplements/medicine (ie B6, Cabergoline) to lower prolactin as well as dietary interventions (high calcium to phosphorous). I think getting prolactin to the lower end of the range will eliminate most of your issues.

Plenty of easily digestible carbs, low pufa and decent saturated fat intake along with high quality protein are the key principles. My apologies for the vagueness of this post but until more is discovered it's difficult to give specifics.
Hope that helps in some way.

raypeatclips

Have you a job or any passions in life? You mentioned you felt you were just passing time.

Getting outdoors and moving can have big effects in my mood and wellbeing. I.e feeling tired and weak at home, and an hours walk in the sun come back and feel more energetic than when I left.

Coffee is something that can improve the mood if you don't overdo it.

Peat has said eating liver can make people feel better through giving a large amount of nutrients. Egg yolks orange juice, oysters are the most commonly talked about nutrient dense foods.

Peat has also said enjoyable foods such as milkshakes can make people feel better.

Eat balanced meals not too far from 33/33/33 macros. Only saturated fat for the fats, beef or lamb fat, milk, coconut oil, chocolate, cream etc

Some people feel better eating starch, others better without starch in the diet, find out which you are.

A carrot salad a day has larger effects than what you would expect.

Decent amount of milk, but not huge quantities.

Some weight training a few times a week but not daily and not huge, strenuous weights.

Have as much fun as you can.

fradon

Hello guys,

I am really struggling to cope with life at the moment and feel that this is severely effecting my young years as I have so much that I want to do but really can't be normal, below I will list my lab results and as much information that I could list that may be useful for you to help me.

I have had symptoms for 2 years but light and bad spells: I've always had low libido and just thought that was me. The past 4 months ish I have really had the below symptoms amplified a huge amount.
Symptoms include:

• Concentration lacking massively / brain fog. (almost feel like I am not here a lot of the time, kind of like I’m in a dream/imagination)
  • Low libido - No interest at all - Get erections but seems to be getting less.
  • Legs ache a lot and neck. Sometimes fingers seems to ache?
  • Very tired most of the time, falling asleep in places I shouldn’t be
  • Anxiety and depression has increased a lot
  • Feel like I am just passing time at the moment with not much point and direction in life
  • Weight goes up a lot then back down
  • Headaches daily
  • Vision feels like it has got worse over the last 6 months
  • Mood swings
  • Forgetful
  • Disengage from social activity
  • Brauxism - daytime and night teeth clenching and grinding
  • Seem to get very hot at times but only for a short period of time maybe 10 minutes
  • Facial spasms, left side upper lip/left side under eye
    The list goes on…
I will now list my most recent blood results.

Serum prolactin: 571mU/L (86-324)
Serum testosterone :12.2 (9-29) - have had 9.8 test before
Serum FSH: 1.6iu/L (1.0-12)
Serum LH: 4.6iu/L (1 - 10 )
Serum free T4 - 19 pmol/L (10-22)
Serum TSH - 2.5mu/L (0.3-5.5)

Serum alkaline phostphate: 77IU/L (30-300)
!! Serum albumin: 50g/L (35-48)
Serum calcium: 2.36nmol/L (2.2 - 2.6)
Serum C reactive protein level <1mg/L (0-9)
Serum folate: 7.7 (2.1 - 26.8)
!! Serum B12: 738NG/l (190 - 660)
Erythrocyte sedimentation rate: 2mm (0-7)
Vitamin D: 108.9 (>50) - Was 35 1 month ago, before supplementing vitamin D

Haemoglobin: 145g/L (130-170)
White cell count: 4 109/L (4-11)
Platlet count: 275 10
9/L (150-400)
RBC count: 4.87 1012/L (4.5-6.5)
Haematocrit: 0.448 (0.400-0.540)
MCV: 92.1 fL (78-99)
MCH: 29.9 (27-32)
MCHC: 324 g/L (310-360)
!! Neutrophil count: 1.8 10
9/L (2-7.5)
Lymphocyte count: 1.6 109/L (1.5-3.5)
Monocyte count: 0.4 10
9/L (0.2-1.4)
Eosinphil count: 0.1 109/L (0-0.4)
Basophil count: 0.1 10
9/L (0-0.1)
Nucleated RBC 0

Following these results, I was referred to and endocrinologist which I paid private in the end because the waiting list was months and I needed it sooner. He wanted some additional levels tested before I saw him. These are my most recent test results.

Total test :12.2nmol/L (9-29)
SHBG: 26nmol/L (17-56)
Free androgen Index: 62.7
FSH: 1.7 iu/L (1-12)
LH: 7 iu/L (1-10)
Prolactin: 442 mU/L (86-324)

He said that my testosterone was not low as the FAI, was a healthy amount meaning that i had a good amount of free test. ( I think that for my age 9.8 - 12 average is poor)

Also prolactin was slightly lower.

FSH/LH/SHBG was said to be good levels

He stated that my urea level was 6.8 (2.5-6.7), meaning that i was dehydrated and he thinks this could play a part?? ( I don't think that this could have as much of an imp pact to my life as it has had)

Do people agree that these levels are ok, and put my symptoms down to other illnesses like depression, or do you think that i should continue with the endo route? I don't think that this is all caused from mental illnesses and think that that is just caused from something like hypogonadism/hypothyroidism/pituitary Tumor for example. I just need answers really and direction.

Below is the additional information that you may want to read to get a better understanding.

Height: 6ft 1
Weight: 160lb (Seems to be fluctuating a lot, goes up a lot then returns to normal)

Body and facial hair I get facial hair which has increased recenty a little bit, but is still not a lot. This is only recent in my life, I’d say about a year but very little amounts.Have a small amount of chest hair.

Fat I carry most of my fat around my waist, its always been around this area.

Medical history / Symptoms In my family we have a history of thyroid problems. My dad has Hypothyroidism and Hashimoto disease. His parents also have hypothyroidism. I have been a tired reasonably low libido person for easily 2 years but never really thought much of it as I thought it was just me growing up. I have had blood tests over the years and they always came back as ‘fine’
Recently over the past 3-4 months, my symptoms have got progressively worse to the stage where at times I have thought I have been going insane, but then at other times, I don’t feel as bad just lethargic.

Drugs
Have smoked weed in the past but not frequently, no more than 2 times in one month. Also finished some medication of terbinafine for 6 weeks about 1.5 - 2 months ago. The last time I drank alcohol was about 3 months ago due to not wanting to go out anymore.

Diet + Fitness
I was going the gym regularly from the new year for about 2 months (with a good diet counting macros etc around 3000cals) I have been to the gym on and off for 2 years made very small improvements, even though I eat well and train well. My diet when going to the gym is always high cals. The reason I cannot maintain going to the gym consistently without having to stop is because after a couple of months I am completely drained and I just have all of these symptoms. My training is a Push,Pull,Legs 2x a week and I used to run a bro split beforehand (5-6 days for both)

Supplements
Been taking vitamin D as my levels were low now well within the range. Dont take any others. Dont use iodized salt.

Damage
Never had any head damage

Dehydration
I have had issues in the past with dehydration from a young age which I have been to the hospital with (was a lot younger) I seem to get dehydrated easily - feel like I have to worry about drinking enough fluids more than others. - have to drink more recently

for thyroid...
stop using toothpaste use baking soda or nonfloride paste, don't drink chlorinated water, avoid too much bread as it is brominated and all hallogens effect the thyroid even iodine. even showering and bathing less can help as your body absorbs choline and flouride when you bathe/shower.

zinc and selenium can help thyroid. chicken of the sea chunk light TUNA has 80 percent selenium per serving the higher compared to bumblee or starkist. you can try 1 can twice a week.

since dopamine and testosterone have a correlating relationship raising one the raises the other.
NEXT WORK ON YOUR DOPAMINE

Start your day with a lot of orange juice and breakfast with butter, eggs (1 yolk) salt and pepper, sambal, parsley and cheese with ketchup.
Some green tea's
Bonebroth cup-a-soups here and there

Then relativize your situation: remember there is always someone in a much worse situation then you. You are doing pretty fine. Relax.
Think about how to improve your diet a little to increase your well being. Do some research.

Then get some stuff like:
B-vitamins, brewers yeast/ natural yeast.
Decrease your brain fog fast with magnesium, B6 and especially ALCAR : Acetyl L-Carnitine
Increase your mood fast with a capsule of St john's wort (try it at low dose in the morning for 3 days at first)
If you don't dream anymore, take a good dosage of Lemon balm, or Gotu kola before bed.

This routine can quickly stabilize your important GABA, acetylcholine and dopamine.

How is your diet now?

rawmeat

General peating - 2 raw eggs everyday, milk, raw carrots, fruit, cheese, liver, OYSTERS, and orange juice has helped my T levels.

Being in nature has also had a massive impact on my T levels. Now that it is warm, get out and go fishing, camping, hiking, hunting, etc. There is something about doing primal activities that really gets you T'd up (hunting is unparalleled to any other activity when it comes to raising my T).

The environment has large impacts on T levels. If you are sedentary and dragging through life, you will likely have low T.

My T has jumped 40% in just a month since I began serious peating and getting out in nature.

Good Luck.

Last edited: