Help On Supplements To Lower Estrogen

Bart1

Hello I'm a male, 37 years old, about 80kg, 1.86m. I have hemochromatosis, it's under control, discovered more that 10 years ago, they took a biopsy, and after 10 years an echo and no damage seem to be done to my liver. I'm under control by a doctor how regularly check my liver and iron status I have to give blood 3-4 times a year to lower iron.

2 months ago I found out that I'm hypothyroid, after trying a lot of things for years because I kept on feeling bad (I'm guilty for falling into the adrenal fatigue trap). I'm feeling extreme tiredness any form of activity is hard (before a did a lot of power lifting, surfing etc), blood sugar issues, no sex drive, erectile problems, varicocele, brain fog, bad blood flow, water retention, cold feet and hands, trouble sleeping, skin problems like redness/eczema below my eyes, between my eyebrows especially after I drunk beer or fat milk), losing hair.

I have switched to a peat friendly diet, see the image attached of what I eat on a typical day. I try to aim for 2500 > 3000 kcal. I eat a lot of peat fruit, drink skimmed milk and with dinner with my girlfriend I try to minimise PUFA as much as possible and avoid gluten. I"m now doing this for about 2 weeks. I feel a bit better, I sleep a little better and I have a little bit more energy, but still I'm not able to work because of the lack of energy. What kind of supplements do you suggest that could speed up my recovery (PUFA detox/estrogen removal).
Currently what I take is 300-500 mg of aspirin spread over the day, just started with taurine 4-5 grams per day, glycine 9 grams a day, eulethero, vitamin D/K2 drops, zinc 15mg, selenium 100UI and copper 1mg. I do not take any thyroid medications yet, it's very hard here in the Netherlands to get proper help. This is some blood work I did recently.

May 2018
morning without food
TSH - ECLIA - 1.61 mU/l - range 0.27 - 4.20
Free T4 ECLIA -19.69 pmol/l - range 11.6 - 21.9
Free T3 ECLIA - 4.42 pmol/l - range 3.08 - 6.78
Reverse T3 - 283.7 pmol/l - range 138.6 - 331.1
SHBG - 49.9 nmol/l - range 18.3 - 54.1
Free testosterone 2 years ago was and the low end of the range.

It seems I have much trouble converting to active T3. And because of low T3 my liver is hampered in storing glycogen and maybe because of that blood sugar issues?

I hope some of you could suggest something for me. I understand that you cannot give me medical advise. But I hope for some suggestions. I was thinking starting with a good vitamin E supplement, I have Solgar now but it does not seem to do anything for me. I was thinking maybe about adding Progesterone, Niacinamide or a B complex, Raw Desiccated Thyroid (I don't know if I can order this because I live in the Netherlands)..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 10.31.24.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 10.31.24.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Arnold Grape

I would leave it at what you are doing now. Aspirin in good doses will lower E and because your testosterone was low the last time you checked it, I would be cautious with starting something like Progesterone. Try and incorporate some cooked mushrooms into your diet and increase the aspirin slightly if you're feeling symptoms. Taurine in such high doses that you are taking is probably not completely necessary. Check IdeaLabs or Health Natura for a reliable Vitamin e supplement - I've had success with both.

Motif

I'm taking pure encapsulation vitamin e, but it does nothing for me.
Can't tolerate taurine cause of histamine reaction and vitamin A and b complex does nothing for me either.

Any other suggestion?

I eat mushrooms twice a week

DDK

Fiber is best way to lower estrogen or else it will just keep getting reabsorbed, plus it is easier than taking supplements. I am talking about fruit and vegetable fiber specifically, however, whole grains work as well (oats, corn, wheat) so long as they don't destroy your gut. There are studies showing oats, corn and whole wheat lowering estrogen dramatically.

OP
B

Bart1

@Bart1

Did something help you meanwhile ?

Hi, well I changed things up a bit. That's a little bit of a problem for me. I'm to impatient. I want to feel better right away and because of that I'm turning to much knobs at the same time. I still don't feel wel. Maybe I feel even worse. I tried thyroid and pregnenolone and DHEA, but I think it triggered a stress response. The first days I felt great, but suddenly pretty severe muscle wasting, fat building up, sleeping even more poorly then I already did. I now am still on thyroid and try to get the cortisol under control,
I dumped zinc, selenium, copper and try to replace that by eating liver and sometimes oysters. I try to eat liver at least once a week. I feel really relaxed after eating liver. I take tocovit from idealabs for vitamin E. I have a lot of trouble with liquids with sugar or fructose. I really get dizzy instantly. I think it's because of the cortisol messing with my blood sugar. I ordered cypro to try to lower my cortisol. But I also have to figure out the reason why my cortisol went up like crazy after thyroid supplementation. I did think I started with to much. I started low but I went up in dosage way to fast combined with to much caffeine. So things I have to focus on is my cholesterol, vitamin D > 100, looking if I get enough protein.. I'm thinking I might not digest milk that good and that's why I'm low on protein, I'm taking vitamin B and regularly topical magnesium. But I have to be patient and don't change to much things at the same time I guess, but I feel terrible, never felt so bad in my life so I'm trying to get out of this asap.

johnwester130

the peat diet consists of
dairy,
eggs
shellfish
liver

fruit
gelatin
low starch, jackson's honest are a good choice

Supplements can inlude

a,d,e,k2, magnesium oil
progesterone/pregnenolone