Help With Blood Work Interpretation

Kunstruct

I actially just bought a new thermometer and my temps are now coming back at 36.6 c which is much higher than my usual. The enviroment in which I am taking my temps with the new thermometer is much warmer however, and my extremeties still feel extremely cold.

I still believe most of the digital thermometers are highly trash, can get like 3 or for difference readings with some one after each other. With the mercury ones that will not happen yet you have to be very patient for a full temp, 10minutes.

Kunstruct

If those other afformentioned causes are indeed resposible, will taking thyroid actually incease my temps? I'd assume that my body has enough thyroid hormone, but its just not being transported into the cell to be utilised for whatever reason.

It is questionable if it will raise temp, with enough carbs it will, otherwise after several doses temp will still be low. Sometimes it will not, not everyone is posting excellent feedback with T3 hormone supplementation.

Major digestive issues is a big one. Stress is a huge one, hardly tour stress can be cause by yourself alone, there must be some external factors also or could only be expectations.

boris

If those other afformentioned causes are indeed resposible, will taking thyroid actually incease my temps? I'd assume that my body has enough thyroid hormone, but its just not being transported into the cell to be utilised for whatever reason.

It's hard to tell by the blood tests you have. T3 and reverse T3 tests would paint a clearer picture.

milkboi

I have not seen so far anyone with TSH under 1 on this forum, but then again the majority here do not do bloodwork at all regularly. I had access to talking with people in the medical system, common is 1.x. I know someone had 0.005 TSH in real life, but that is hyperthyroid.

I had my TSH under 1, without supplementing Thyroid. I‘m not healthy tho.

Kunstruct

I had my TSH under 1, without supplementing Thyroid. I‘m not healthy tho.

I know here on the forums, 3 persons including you who says they have under 1 and have all sort of health issues, no one so far claimed how super-cool they feel because of 0.5 TSH.
There is too much preconceived notions here, if someone says they don't have an erection then the forums says you must be Hypo and pretty much most of the cases he is not. Then some real Hypo dude tells his TSH is high and has good erections.

OP
B

Broco6679

Upon reflection I do truly believe that my issues are stress related. My symptoms suggest that my body is riddled with adreneline and noraderenline constantly: I always feel on edge, my heart is always pounding, my heart rate is extremely variable (jumps from 55 -> 75 ->60 etc indicating excess sympathetic activity) and my palms are always clammy.

I think that the combination of elevated stress hormones and my old dietary habbits has led to chronically elevated FFA. This would make sense considering my blood levels of thyroid are normal, but my symptoms and overall health suggest otherwise.

I have a rather severe anxiety disorder which has my on edge 24/7; it usually mannifests as all of the issues I mentioned above throughout the day. Whist it might not be 'peaty', I'm going to use a short course of low dose proranolol to elivate the excess adreneline symptoms.

Hopefully this will allow me to break the anxious negative feedback loop, calm me down, lower both cortisol and adreneline and hopefully improve my symptoms. Once propanolol has calmed the issues, if body temps remain low I'll start to incorperate NDT at very low dosages. My main fear around taking thyroid is the stress / adreneline response, so the propranolol will hopefully negate that too.

Does this seem like a reasonable plan? I understand that pharmacological action isn't desirable, but after doing some reflection I've realsied just how severe my anxiety is. My overall lifestyle isn't excessively stressful, and I believe that feel I'm stuck in a negative feedback loop of sorts which is keeping me locked where I am - i.e, being anxious about being anxious is making me further anxious if that makes sense. Hopefull this will break the cycle.

boris

Sounds reasonable, too. I saw clonidine mentionend as suitable here too. Cyproheptadine could help for that (also for appetite).
-

This article from Peat might be of interest to you:

The dark side of stress (learned helplessness)
"During the development of learned helplessness, the T3 level in the blood decreases (Helmreich, et al., 2006), and removal of the thyroid gland creates the "escape deficit," while supplementing with thyroid hormone before exposing the animal to inescapable shock prevents its development (Levine, et al., 1990). After learned helplessness has been created in rats, supplementing with T3 reverses it (Massol, et al., 1987, 1988)."

"Hypothyroidism and excess cholinergic tone have many similarities, including increased formation of nitric oxide, so that similar symptoms, such as muscle inflammation, can be produced by cholinesterase inhibitors such as Tacrine, by increased nitric oxide, or by simple hypothyroidism (Jeyarasasingam, et al., 2000; Franco, et al., 2006)."

"Supplements of thyroid and progesterone are proven to be generally protective against the cholinergic threats, but there are many other factors that can be adjusted according to particular needs. Niacinamide, like progesterone, inhibits the production of nitric oxide, and also like progesterone, it improves recovery from brain injury (Hoane, et al., 2008). In genetically altered mice with an Alzheimer's trait, niacinamide corrects the defect (Green, et al., 2008). Drugs such as atropine and antihistamines can be used in crisis situations. Bright light, without excess ultraviolet, should be available every day.

The cholinergic system is much more than a part of the nervous system, and is involved in cell metabolism and tissue renewal. Most people can benefit from reducing intake of phosphate, iron, and polyunsaturated fats (which can inhibit cholinesterase; Willis, et al., 2009), and from choosing foods that reduce production and absorption of endotoxin."

boris

I recently asked Ray about non-psychiatric treatments for anxiety, and his answer was helpful, but not surprising:
RP:"I’ve seen increased sugar, and/or calcium, and/or magnesium, and/or vitamin D, and/or vitamin B6, and/or other B vitamins, and/or pregnenolone, thyroid, progesterone, testosterone, relieve it. Sometimes a beta-blocker like propranolol gives immediate relief."

OP
B

Broco6679

RP:"I’ve seen increased sugar, and/or calcium, and/or magnesium, and/or vitamin D, and/or vitamin B6, and/or other B vitamins, and/or pregnenolone, thyroid, progesterone, testosterone, relieve it. Sometimes a beta-blocker like propranolol gives immediate relief."

Thank you for finding those ray quotes, I really appreciate it!

The supplements / medications you listed aren't really accessible for me at the moment unfortunately. I went ahead and purchased some propranolol earlier today which should arrive next week. I'll update this thread with my progress, but in all honestly, I'm not that hopefull. The short term memory issues many users report is a concern, too.

There seems to be a large, deep seeded issue with my body, and I don't think I single faceted is going to do much. I reflected upon all of my issues this evening and I'm starting to get very scared.

My hair and eyebrows are falling out, my teeth are suddenly decaying at an alarming rate, I feel anxious and on edge 24/7, my body is freezing cold, my cognitive ability is declining, I get lactic acid build-up in my abdomen just walking suggesting hypoxia, low co2 and extremely poor glucose metabolism, and my overall appearance has declined rapidly - I actually look 'sick', and my face looks like its aged 15 years in the past two.

Even if the prop only get's rid of the physical anxiety it'll be a welcome break. Thank you for the advice everyone.

OP
B

Broco6679

I took my first dose of propranolol today @ 10mg and it completely eradicated my pounding heart. This suggests that my issues, at least in part, are being caused by an excess of adrenaline.

Now that adrenaline is being blunted my heart rate is siting around 55 - 60 BPM which is low. 10mg of prop isn't enough to significantly lower hr below base levels so I'm assuming this is my base hr without any anxiety - explains why I'm always cold.

Next step is to try and figure out why adrenaline is always high. I'm generally a very anxious person; is mental anxiety alone enough to cause excess adrenaline, or is the mental anxiety a product of said adrenaline which is being caused by an unknown, underlying issue? Something I need to figure out.

I'll continue on this dose of prop for a while and let things stabilise. I'll then try and raise pulse and temps through diet alone, and if that doesn't suffice I'll consider starting NDT. Seeing how foods effect my pulse will now be a lot easier without the large hr variability sympathetic activity brings.

Anders86

I have not seen so far anyone with TSH under 1 on this forum, but then again the majority here do not do bloodwork at all regularly. I had access to talking with people in the medical system, common is 1.x. I know someone had 0.005 TSH in real life, but that is hyperthyroid.

I had 0.09 TSH on last test. But I had an amino acid shake with supplements before test, so I don`t accept it before next test.

boris

I took my first dose of propranolol today @ 10mg and it completely eradicated my pounding heart. This suggests that my issues, at least in part, are being caused by an excess of adrenaline.

Now that adrenaline is being blunted my heart rate is siting around 55 - 60 BPM which is low. 10mg of prop isn't enough to significantly lower hr below base levels so I'm assuming this is my base hr without any anxiety - explains why I'm always cold.

Next step is to try and figure out why adrenaline is always high. I'm generally a very anxious person; is mental anxiety alone enough to cause excess adrenaline, or is the mental anxiety a product of said adrenaline which is being caused by an unknown, underlying issue? Something I need to figure out.

I'll continue on this dose of prop for a while and let things stabilise. I'll then try and raise pulse and temps through diet alone, and if that doesn't suffice I'll consider starting NDT. Seeing how foods effect my pulse will now be a lot easier without the large hr variability sympathetic activity brings.

:thumbup:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals