High Prolactin, Not Sure What To Do Next?

I think I'm gonna try this once my Magnesium carbonate arrives. Then 500g sugar on top of whole food carbs + extra potassium, B1, niacinamide, and the mag. @olive Which other important cofactors am I missing?
Not olive, but getting other, less well known nutrients is important too. Things like manganese, boron, probably others. As aquaman pointed out, fruits would be a better way to add sugar calories to the diet. The problem is the price. You would have to eat almost a kilogram of dates per day to get 500 grams of sugar.

lampofred

What are your temperature and pulse rate? The main cause of high prolactin is low thyroid function.

milkboi

5 pounds of sweet, cooked fruits will be tastier, and full of micronutrients.

Yup but that won't amount to a pound of sugar you know? :D One would have to do like ten pounds of cooked fruits lol. But sure, if one wants to do such a protocol, most additional sugars should optimally come from whole food sources and then some white sugar can be added to get to the 450g of sucrose.

milkboi

Not olive, but getting other, less well known nutrients is important too. Things like manganese, boron, probably others. As aquaman pointed out, fruits would be a better way to add sugar calories to the diet. The problem is the price. You would have to eat almost a kilogram of dates per day to get 500 grams of sugar.

Yup, that's why adding the white sugar as a short-term therapeutic might be the most practical solution. I don't think in the context of a micronutrient-rich diet it would hurt to do this for 3 days. If your diet is lacking in nutrient-density even before adding the sugar, yeah, maybe not such a great idea.

aquaman

Yup, that's why adding the white sugar as a short-term therapeutic might be the most practical solution. I don't think in the context of a micronutrient-rich diet it would hurt to do this for 3 days. If your diet is lacking in nutrient-density even before adding the sugar, yeah, maybe not such a great idea.

It’s pretty easy to get 500grams of sugars from fruit and well-cooked starch.

3 pounds of frozen cherries would have 190 grams. You could always add 50 grams of sugar on top to eat with.

3 pounds cooked white sweet potatoes has 290 grams sugar

OP
C

Carb54

What are your temperature and pulse rate? The main cause of high prolactin is low thyroid function.

I do not currently track my temp, but to subjectively track the colour of my fingertips to determine if I have adequate blood flow.

I was under the impression that I had pretty decent thyroid function as I have reasonable TSH. What are the best indicators of good thyroid function?

OP
C

Carb54

Update:
Had blood tests this week
Managed to reduce my prolactin from 442 (20.7) in June 2019 to 206 (9.7) in Oct 2019

TSH also dropped from 1.12 to 0.75

Changes made:
- Started taking 5mg K2 daily (2 months now)
- 400mg Magnesium citrate daily (2 weeks)
- have sodium acetate (1/3 tsp bicarb soda, 3tsp AVC) with sparkling water after dinner to kill endotoxins (3 months)
- now eat rice in coconut oil instead of sweet potatoes
- eat oxtail only once a day with plenty of gelatin (previously had beef 2/3 times a day)
- cut back sugar slightly

OP
C

Carb54

Update:
Had blood test last week
Eat a more varied diet (Meat not required every meal): Rotation of Salmon, Squash and Beef alongside rice with coconut oil)
Stopped drinking coffee (in Jan only)

Supplements:
~500mg taurine per day
~2g glycine each day
400 iu Vit E every 2 weeks (Mixed Tocopherol)
Magnesium and MSM every now and then (Small dose)

Other factors:
Waking temp ~ Oct 19: 35.5 C (95.9 F)
Waking temp Jan 20: 36 C (96.8 F)

Have been wearing excessing amounts of clothing to keep temp high and have warm showers

Changes from blood test 6 months ago (July 19)

Testosterone (Range: 8.64 - 29)

July 19: 20.4 nmol/L ( 587 ng/dl)
Jan 20: 31 nmol/L (893 ng/dl)

As my testosterone has increased, my SHGB (49.4 in Jan 20 compared to 47.6 in Jul 19) and albumin (46.5 in Jan 20 compared to 45.2 in Jul 19) have only raised slightly meaning my free test has dramatically increased from 0.341 nmol/L in July 19 t0 0.545 nmol/L in Jan 20 (range is 0.2 - 0.62)

Oestradiol (Range: 41 - 159)

July 19: 69.1 pmol/L
Jan 20: 125 pmol/L

My estrogen has almost doubled, I can imagine that is mostly attributable to an increase in aromatisation from the higher test levels.
Would there be any benefits of reducing this? Or do I accept that my estrogen will naturally be higher if want to maintain high T levels? How could one change their level of aromatisation without relying on supplementation?

Prolactin (Range: 86 - 324)

July 19: 442 mU/L (20.7 ug/L)
Jan 20: 320 mU/L (15.04 ug/L)

Happy that this is going down (has fluctuated since previous update but overall has declined since July 19). Have accepted that by maintaining a low stress lifestyle, this will gradually decline

Thyroid

TSH

July 19: 1.12 mU/L
Jan 20 1.41 mU/L

T4 (Range 12-22)

July 19: 17.6 pmol/L
Jan 20: 21.1 pmol/L

Free T3 (Range 3.1 - 6.8)
Jan 20: 6.11 pmol/L

My overall thyroid activity has seemingly increased since my T4 is high alongside with my T3 remaining high.

Ferritin (Range 30 - 400)
July 19: 49.7 ug/L
Jan 20: 71.9 ug/L

I was previously worried about my iron levels as they had been gradually declining over 2019 to around 40 in Oct 19 despite eating beef 2/3 times a day, liver regularly and drinking a ton of orange juice.

I still deal with hair shedding (which leads to thinning for me) and have noticed a slight increase in shedding over the last month while massaging
Does anyone have suggestions on what other blood markers may be good indicators for why this may be? I have diffuse shedding and have so since late 2017 as per the first post.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals