Help With T3, T4 And Weird Lab Results

Mathematician

Hello everyone,
I have been following this forum for a while. Two years ago, I had blood exams done and my TSH resulted to be 4.27 but my primary care physician refused to treat me with supplementary T3 and T4, because according to the lab the normal range for TSH is between 0.5 and 4.5 (despite the fact that both in my father and in my mother family there are issues with thyroid). So I took the matter in my hands (I live in the US) and after having done other exams (where T3 and T4 were indeed low), I started using T3 and T4 from a research chemical company (Blue Sky Peptide) in liquid form. They provide chemicals that should be not used by humans, but many bodybuilders I know use them. After a year, while on a diet loosing weight I noticed that it was difficult anyway to achieve my goals, despite taking 70 mcg of T3 a day and 160 mcg of T4 a day in a single dose in the morning. So I did a complete thyroid panel and here are the results:

TSH: 3.55
T4: 3.6 (below the normal range which is 4.5-12)
T3 (free) : 2.8 (normal range 2-4.4)
T4 (free , direct): 0.94 (normal 0.82-1.77)
reverse T3 (serum): 13.5 (normal 9.2-24.1).
As you can the TSH is still high and the T4 is even below the normal range.
I think that the substances contained in the bottles from the research chemical company are probably underdosed, or my body has some special ability to destroy T3 and T4. My question is do you know where I can get pharma grade T3 and T4 without a prescription ? Also would you suggest me to increase the doses I am currently taking? Any suggestions for an enlightened endocrinologist?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Regards,
Alex

J

james2388

To get some serious advice here, you need to give some serious detail and the veteran members here may feel like they can actually help you. You did not list any sort of symptoms that you are experiencing, or any personal information on age, no weight, BMI, health history, why you think you need to take thyroid?
You mentioned bodybuilders... We have no clue what your nutrition, or training regimen is, all this is meant for an experience health coach, which members here can recommend you to, for consultations, however most of these people that are worried about their thyroids and seek consults are actually menopausal women... I'd look into the work of Kate Deering, Danny Roddy & Georgi Dinkiv aka Haidut, & Josh and Jeanne Rubin.

You are already jumping the gun to the max to think you need to see an 'enlightened endocrinologist'. These people literally know nothing.... If there isn't a drug for it, they say idk I wish I could help you.

So the best help that you can get from this forum is by stating what you feel like, and how you should feel like, not posting lab values and starting to mess around with thyroid meds, without even knowing how everything works together.