Help interpreting Thyroid Blood Work.

fideothesword

Hey,

I got my thyroid labwork done and these were the results

TSH: 0.88 mIU/L
T4 Free: 21pmol/L
Free T3: 6.1 pmol/L
T3 Reverse: 21.6 ng/dl

Based on these tests, i'm much more closer to hyperthyroidism than hypothyroidism but my symptoms pertain more to hypothyroidism. I believe ray said he doesn't believe hyper exists, so Im curious to hear what you guys think of these results and what I should do to get my T4 and T3 closer in reference range. Also, relatives have symptoms of hyper such as the bulging eyes.

Thanks

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey,

Based on these tests, i'm much more closer to hyperthyroidism than hypothyroidism but my symptoms pertain more to hypothyroidism. I believe ray said he doesn't believe hyper exists, so Im curious to hear what you guys think of these results and what I should do to get my T4 and T3 closer in reference range. Also, relatives have symptoms of hyper such as the bulging eyes.

Thanks
What symptoms do you experience?
Where's your (core, not skin) temps at?

Kozak

Hey,

Thanks
Would be good to see the lab ranges for each. But looks to me that your T3r is a bit high. That's why your symptoms are hypo.
Ask for the antibodies test next time.

boris

I believe ray said he doesn't believe hyper exists, so Im curious to hear what you guys think of these results and what I should do to get my T4 and T3 closer in reference range. Also, relatives have symptoms of hyper such as the bulging eyes.

Ray acknowledges that hyperthyroidism exists. What he says is that it's misdiagnosed. The diagnostics changed some decades ago, causing hypothyroidism to go undetected for many people. Bulging eyes are often actually a hypo symptom not hyper. TSH and free T3/T4 say relatively little about your thyroid. You need to measure your temperature and pulse to correctly diagnose it.

· Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud
· TSH, temperature, pulse rate, and other indicators in hypothyroidism

"Graves’ disease and exophthalmos can occur with hypothyroidism or euthyroidism, as well as with hyperthyroidism. [...] In the last several years, all of the people I have seen who had been diagnosed as “hyperthyroid” have actually been hypothyroid, and benefitted from increasing their thyroid function; some of these people had also been told that they had Graves’ disease."

"Besides a few people who were experiencing the unloading of a goiter, and one man from the mountains of Mexico who became hypermetabolic when he moved to Japan (probably from the sudden increase of iodine in his diet, and maybe from a smaller amount of meat in his diet), all of the people I have seen in recent decades who were called “hyperthyroid” were not. "

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals