Thyroid - Reproductive Hormones - ANA Test & Pudendal Neuralgia

Some background about me, 2015 I went on a vegan diet for several months from the fall to the winter. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. High blood pressure, insomnia, chronic fatigue, libido dysfunction. When I went to my physical in 2/2016, I had a temperature of 97.1 degrees. I was freezing and they run the typical oh your TSH is in range bs. I also developed some other problems at this time. From what I know now it could be pudendal neuralgia, explained by conditions as penile pain as burning, constricting, cold sensations, testicle pain, and cramping ie tight scrotum and tingling sensations behind scrotum and as well as the notorious condition known as HF, growing in other forums for men.

I was unable to work for 2016, I had my metabolic symptoms subside, and I went through a series of testing involving a urologist, rheumatologist, and getting a ct scan. Everything can back normal although there wasn't much to show for this condition besides urological pain and rapid changed in the flaccid state. I found it hard to work out anymore. In 2017 I was given an ultimatum by my parents to get a job. They didn't understand this condition, neither did I or any professional. Everyday I tried to push through pain and eventually I got driving jobs than working at a warehouse, and invested that money into bitcoin and stopped working around February 2018. Throughout that time the metabolic symptoms I had were gone except for urological pain that I can now classify as pudendal neuralgia. Libido was okay, but I rarely woke up with morning wood and it's been like that for years since I was 19 when this started.

Now since February 2018 I've been hired for two jobs and I couldn't work for a week. I got another gig as a pizza delivery driver during November 2018 and that lasted a shift. In July I got hired for a glass delivery driver and as I'm sitting down trying to do these computer classes on a laptop on a hard chair, I get massive pain in my perineum, all they way up to my pubic bone. I had to tell them straight I was in chronic pain for years, I thought I could work through it but it's getting worse and I left.

I went to chiropractors with no solution, found another urologist and nothing, had another flare up and went to two different hospitals. CT scan, testicular and abdominal ultrasound all come back clear. The major break through that I got, was speaking with a pelvic floor therapist and she said all my symptoms resembled pudendal neuralgia and it takes years for men to find out what is going on. Her treatment only involved external myofascial release on the sitz bones, she did however isolate a muscle called the Obturator Internus muscle that felt like I was being poked with a pin, but no treatment for the muscle. I won't being going back to the pelvic floor therapist I feel like it was a sham going for 100$/hr. So I went to a physical therapist next to learn how any muscle imbalances in the legs or hips could cause a tight pelvic floor, since a PFT does not have any exercise equipment or recommend any other exercises than belly breathes. So first real PT session after evaluation I was given exercises and stretches I already tried, and I wanted to learn as much as possible about the muscle and bone structures but I was just met with neutral answers and felt like a grunt at bootcamp being met with authoritarianism without any explanation why, or where I should feel muscle tension or her own opinions about what could be causing this pelvic tension as I had the initial evaluation done by another practitioner with 22 years of experience and teaches at a university.

So now I found the most holistic guy in the area that has a chiropractic, physical therapy and deep tissue practice to figure out what is going on. I even found a case study of an iron man athlete with PN and got it resolved with Active Release Technique. Other than that if I can't find relief, I'm seriously going to have to reach out Josh Rubin or Danny for thyroid coaching. Because my hands are freezing, my appetite is nearly gone, I believe I'm having histamine attacks after I had a banana, watermelon and orange juice the other day. Hypothyroidism can cause peripheral neuropathy almost to the same as it would in diabetics I presume. So now I need to buy some blood sugar strips and test these things. Also the pudendal nerve is the only nerve in the body that is both an autonomic and somatic nerve and reaches to the most core part of the brain.

The things that concern me are low FSH levels, hypothyroid like symptoms, positive Ana, and pudendal nerve irritation that has a wide variety of symptoms including having really bad flare ups and rarely have a day with a nice hang feeling like I'm recovering. Thought the nerve was just less irritated somehow with less muscle tension in the pelvis. I need to read Ray's articles. Other than that if anyone has any similar experiences or can offer any type of hypothesis I'd be happy to hear it. It's either tight pelvic floor caused by muscle imbalances that have set in restricting nerves, or nerve irritation caused by hypothyroidism.
    • T3 REVERSE, LC/MS/MS
      (ng/dL)
        Aug 2019
      • Range: 8-25
    • T3, FREE
      (pg/mL)
        Aug 2019
      • Range: 2.3-4.2
    • T4, FREE
      (ng/dL)
        Aug 2019
      • Range: 0.8-1.8
    • TSH
      (mIU/L)
        Aug 2019
      • Range: 0.40-4.50
      Reproductive Hormones
        • TESTOSTERONE, FREE
          (pg/mL)
            Jul 2019
          • Range: 35.0-155.0
        • FSH
          (mIU/mL)
            Jul 2019
          • <0.7
            Jul 2019
          • Range: 1.6-8.0
        • LH
          (mIU/mL)
            Jul 2019
          • Range: 1.5-9.3
        • PROLACTIN
          (ng/mL)
            Jul 2019
          • Range: 2.0-18.0
        • TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, MS
          (ng/dL)
            Jul 2019
          • Range: 250-110

• ANA SCREEN, IFA

• POSITIVE
                  Jul 2019
                • Range: NEGATIVE
              • COMPLEMENT, TOTAL (CH50)
                (U/mL)
                • >60
                  Jul 2019
                • Range: 31-60
              • DNA (DS) ANTIBODY
                (IU/mL)
                • <1
                  Jul 2019
            Other
            Other
              • ANA PATTERN

• SPECKLED
                  Jul 2019
              • ANA TITER
                (titer)
                • 1:40

lucid&alive

Hey I was touched reading your story. I also have pelvic floor tightness caused by basically doing too intense kegels and have had pain down there, I believe in the pudendal nerve for years now.

I've tried stretching but it doesn't really help and my pelvic floor has only become tighter.

Have you seen this? I think it's what I might try next: Freedom from Pelvic Pain

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals