Thoughts On My Clomid Restart

heaahde

So I've been researching a lot these past months and I'm starting to get really certain that my problems comes from my secondary hypogonadism. My metabolism/thyroid is and have always been good. I doubt my kidneys/adrenals are burned out or anything. My liver isn't optimal due to using accutane and excessive alcohol but it's not bad either, and it is healing. Why I'm so certain it is secondary is because I do have big testicles and they have not started to atrophy or show any signs of failure yet. But both my T levels and E levels are low (specially estrogen). So are my LH and FSH. So while my testicles are fine, my pituitary doesn't signal them to work as they should. So I get achy joints, feel weak, and low libido (probably because of my very low estrogen levels).

Now some of you may advice me to not do a clomid HPTA restart because it will increase my estrogens, but the thing is I kind of NEED higher estrogen levels. I noticed that when I've tried to lower my estrogen levels (because I thought like everyone else that they were high), my symptoms always gets worse. And I really think I need to restart my pituitary because it has been shutdown from accutane, SSRI (antidepressants) and being a depressive teenager. I feel like I'm in a stable state and just need to wake it up.

I'm thinking of a very low dose for 3 weeks. 12.5 mg a day. The most protocols you read about are for PCT after an AAS cycle and they tend to be higher dose wise and also use strong AI's. I think if I eat good diet wise my estrogens won't shoot up to unhealthy levels (I'm extremely lean so maybe 10 % bodyfat with a decent amount of muscle).

I will have to buy it from the internet because my doctors haven't even heard of a clomid restart, and all think this is in my head and blabla, "your 300 TT levels are good stop worrying!!!" ye for a 80 year old maybe but I'm 21 :rolleyes:. So the question is, do you think my self made protocol will work?

And before you advice me to use aspirin, K2, pansterone, coffee, gelatin, sugar etc I've tried them all and either they do nothing or they crash my estrogens/cortisol and make things worse!

JoeKool

Hello

Clomid is a fertility drug used exactly as you described... but at a higher dosage... minimum is 50mg a day... I don't think 12.5mg will have any affect at all... one possible side affect is blurry / blue vision i've heard about but never experienced myself... that's typically at higher dosages tho...

I'm not sure where you heard it would increase your estrogen but perhaps it's because Clomid is actually an oestrogen-like hormone ... it's use in body building is that it's an extremely weak estrogen with a very high binding affinity... when a bodybuilder comes off testosterone, their estrogen levels are extremely high while their test levels drop and need to be restarted... it is during this time that they can suffer high estrogen side affects like gyno... obviously there are other times during the cycle estrogen can get out of control... but the point i'm making here is that they use clomid since it'll bind to the estrogen receptors and block all the stronger estrogen present. Meanwhile, Clomid does it's job stimulating the pituitary to get their own test going again.

For the pansterone, I'm applying 4 drops right on the scrotum and it's done wonders to my libido and with the dhea, i don't think that's crashing your estrogen... there are many herbs though, pine pollen is one i've researched and about to try... that you might want to try a round of before something like clomid because , if you find an herb or two that kicks things into high gear, you really don't have to cycle too much... i wouldn't go on clomid for longer than a month... but pine pollen can be much much longer... and somewhat safer (though clomid is safe in my opinion)

why take a drug if you can use a prohormone at physiological levels. I never understand why people prefer drugs with side effects and unknown actions, over real physiological compounds in small quantities

OP
H

heaahde

why take a drug if you can use a prohormone at physiological levels. I never understand why people prefer drugs with side effects and unknown actions, over real physiological compounds in small quantities
Because taking pure testosterone will be supressive. Clomid makes your pituitary send signals (LH and FSH) to your testicles to produce testosterone. I would rather have my body working as intended and make its own hormones instead of applying it. And the thing with this is that you only use the Clomid protocol for a couple of weeks to restart your HPT-axis and then you're good if it succeeded. And clomid at low doses have practicaly zero side effects.

rw39

clomid is extremely powerful and overall the first step before testosterone. studies have shown that 12.5 mg EOD is more than enough to get t up.

JoeKool

that article is perfect... plus described what i described though their dosage is 25mg daily... the OP said 12.5 (i assume ED) and another posted 12.5mg EOD... of which i don't believe is enough but clomid is safe & cheap so start low and move up... since you're not coming off a cycle, you're not in a window of 'get it right or get gyno'...

fernandabr5678

Hi, I’m Fernanda, 34, from Brazil. I’ve difficulties to conceive and the started with a treatment in the last year with Clomid. I felt very pain and after 2 months I got pregnant. But, after I used this drug, after my baby was born, cysts appeared on my ovary. Actually, I’m in treatment. I’d like know if somebody had a problem like this. I’ve been searching about the use the drug Clomid at specializing Brazilian websites Minha Experiência com Indutor de Ovulação | trocandofraldas.com.br and also I’ve been searching in others websites Clomid Fertility Drug Treatment for Unexplained Infertility

I’ve doubts if this drug is security. Thanks.

Last edited:

NathanK

Ive done it. No need to do the massive doses Dr Scally recommends. You need to be aware of your estrogen load at all times and follow that as a guideline.

Im pretty sure there is no such thing as a restart anyway. Maybe if you suppressed your pit from steroid abuse.

One good thing about trying this (with intermittent labwork) is that you can really pinpoint where your problems are occuring and possibly where you want to target for treatment.

Nolvadex, clomid, test, and hcg can all tell you different things by how you respond. Clomid 12.5 EOD is plenty if you go that route. 125iu EOD of hcg is probably a good starting spot as well. You can mix and stagger all of them. Or just isolated. Do your homework and look at it as an experiment and not a cure.

My experimence told me my hypothalamic estrogen was too high and suppressing pit hormones. Often around here people forget hormones work locally in as much as what you find in serum. So your serum E2 may be low (mainly because your T is too low to aromatize any), but your E1 or local pituitary estrogenic inflammation could be sky high. Guys with alopecia would prob concur and say their DHT serum could be low even though it is high in hair follicles.

OP
H

heaahde

Ive done it. No need to do the massive doses Dr Scally recommends. You need to be aware of your estrogen load at all times and follow that as a guideline.

Im pretty sure there is no such thing as a restart anyway. Maybe if you suppressed your pit from steroid abuse.

One good thing about trying this (with intermittent labwork) is that you can really pinpoint where your problems are occuring and possibly where you want to target for treatment.

Nolvadex, clomid, test, and hcg can all tell you different things by how you respond. Clomid 12.5 EOD is plenty if you go that route. 125iu EOD of hcg is probably a good starting spot as well. You can mix and stagger all of them. Or just isolated. Do your homework and look at it as an experiment and not a cure.

My experimence told me my hypothalamic estrogen was too high and suppressing pit hormones. Often around here people forget hormones work locally in as much as what you find in serum. So your serum E2 may be low (mainly because your T is too low to aromatize any), but your E1 or local pituitary estrogenic inflammation could be sky high. Guys with alopecia would prob concur and say their DHT serum could be low even though it is high in hair follicles.
If my estrogen is in fact high, how would you explain my libido getting worse from AI supplements like vitamin E, high dose niacinamide, aspirin etc. I understand about serum and tissue levels, but I think both are low in my case, and I often feel a little better when I actually eat worse (not much worse), which I would guess is an increase in estrogens.

NathanK

If my estrogen is in fact high, how would you explain my libido getting worse from AI supplements like vitamin E, high dose niacinamide, aspirin etc. I understand about serum and tissue levels, but I think both are low in my case, and I often feel a little better when I actually eat worse (not much worse), which I would guess is an increase in estrogens.
Those are all very general and mild-ish AIs and could just be acting on the aromatase enzyme, which is already low in your case because of your low source T material. Suppressing E2 even more through those substances may have an adverse effect (maybe).

Ive seen a lot of guys say they feel really good with high libidos in a mild high E2 range. More often than not, guys with very high E2 are quite the opposite. If you have low E2, as shown in labwork, then increasing E2 will comparatively feel awesome though because estrogen plays a big part in male arousal.

Again, that has little correlation to the hypothalamic estrogen "blockade" just like having high E1 stored in adipose has no direct correlation to serum E2 either. That is why testing with labs and those drugs can be so helpful.

Progesterone

@xetawaves see highlighted and bolded post above.

cihans

Hi, how was the restart with clomid? How do you feel like right now?
Also my doctor advised me your protocol as well but I'm afraid to dive in to pharmaceutical world. At the moment I try to find a way to raise my e2 naturally such as 30grams of flaxseed daily and sesame seeds.

Do you guys know anything more promising way to increase e2 naturally? Maybe pregnenolone? I'm lost a little bit in these substances.

Progesterone

Hi, how was the restart with clomid? How do you feel like right now?
Also my doctor advised me your protocol as well but I'm afraid to dive in to pharmaceutical world. At the moment I try to find a way to raise my e2 naturally such as 30grams of flaxseed daily and sesame seeds.

Do you guys know anything more promising way to increase e2 naturally? Maybe pregnenolone? I'm lost a little bit in these substances.

clomid makes me feel fantastic, give it a shot

Jpkoepse

I have been taking AI's for over 6 years and from my experience and many others in the BB world.... very low estrogen is not a fun state to be in. Nothing crushed libido and causes brain fog more than very low estrogen levels.

cihans

Yes indeed true, I have all symptoms cracking joints, brain fog, bloating, low sex drive, good morning wood but when is needed for real sex no real boner, dull orgasms and water weight. All of them are low E2 related on me. Looking allday long read pregnonelone and progestrone threads but not sure how to progress in order to raise E2 naturally.

Progesterone

Yes indeed true, I have all symptoms cracking joints, brain fog, bloating, low sex drive, good morning wood but when is needed for real sex no real boner, dull orgasms and water weight. All of them are low E2 related on me. Looking allday long read pregnonelone and progestrone threads but not sure how to progress in order to raise E2 naturally.

Dr. prescribed you clomid to boost E2?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals