Why Do I Feel Better With High Estogen (male)?

stsfut

I am on testosterone replacement (don't need to hear judgement about how that is a dumb thing to do). Anyways, I feel much better mood, energy, and especially anxiety wise when my estrogen is too high. However, I suffer from mild to extreme erectile dysfunction and lowered libido when it is high. My question is why I feel good when Peat says high estrogen is bad? This is covering up weak adrenals or something like that?

ddjd

stress hormones sometimes make you feel really alert and awake and 'buzzing' but theyre not necessarily good for you!

OP
S

stsfut

How do you know what your estrogen levels are?
lab tests and experience. I took arimidex and now I’m a walking erection, but feel cold and anxious. Not sure why I feel cold since I’m on thyroid meds also, but maybe because I lost like 5 pounds of water weight overnight (exagerating, but I have been very bloated and retaining water).

lampofred

Peat says estrogen is a brain excitant with largely the same effects as cocaine which is why it makes you feel good while destroying your body.

OP
S

stsfut

Damn, guess I need to stop snorting estrogen. Haha. Wish I could just feel great mood/anxiety wise without relying on estrogen.

jitsmonkey

stress hormones are stimulating
first clue its problematic is you're cold and anxious....
cardinal sign of high adrenalin as well.
either way... no bueno

guess I picked the wrong day to quit estrogen

(Airplane reference)

I think estrogen is more complicated than we can believe, even though I'm sure Peat is right. Estrone seems to be not so bad, as a storage form of estradiol. Estradiol seems to be bad. But higher increases libido. I sometimes take mushrooms (the button kind prepared correctly) and it lowers my libido and ruins erections. I suspect from too much aromatase inhibition. Complicated stuff.

I used letrozole (completely nukes all estrogen). I had shooting joint and bone pains for weeks after a single dose, non-stop coughing, could get hard really easy but was so numb down there that orgasming would take like 15-20 minutes of reaaallly hard work. Sucked. Estrogen is no different to other hormones: too low and too high are both very bad (I wish people would understand this instead of labeling things as good or bad in black and white.)

OP
S

stsfut

I used letrozole (completely nukes all estrogen). I had shooting joint and bone pains for weeks after a single dose, non-stop coughing, could get hard really easy but was so numb down there that orgasming would take like 15-20 minutes of reaaallly hard work. Sucked. Estrogen is no different to other hormones: too low and too high are both very bad (I wish people would understand this instead of labeling things as good or bad in black and white.)
I hear you and agree. Interesting though, when my estrogen is high orgasm is near impossible. I attributed this to high serotonin, caused by high estrogen, giving an ssri-type effect down there.

But honestly I feel amazing with high Estrogen minus the sexual issues. Gym performance was great too.

AretnaP

Peat says estrogen is a brain excitant with largely the same effects as cocaine which is why it makes you feel good while destroying your body.
He did say that, he also said cocaine was safer than estrogen.

schultz

He did say that, he also said cocaine was safer than estrogen.

lol, yah I remember him saying that. That's a Ray joke.

Edit: Okay, I must have read it because I found it in one of his articles. Here are a few other cocaine/estrogen quotes as well for those interested.

Ray Peat: "The amphetamine-like action of estrogen, which undoubtedly contributes to the general level of stress and excitotoxic abuse of nerve cells, is probably the only "useful" facet of estrogen treatment, but a little cocaine might achieve the same effect with no more harm, possibly less."

Ray Peat: "Since it's excitatory, it can temporarily increase alertness. It acts on the same enzymes that cocaine acts on to increase the adrenaline action in the brain and increases verbal activity so that women can talk twice as fast as men over the influence of estrogen and that's sold as a cognitive virtue except that that carried on for a long time is excitotoxic to the nerves and causes loss of nerve cell function."

Ray Peat: "The short-term benefit is that it's very much like cocaine, it peps you up, but if a person wants to withdraw from it there is often a time of depression and low energy and while adjusting the thyroid and progesterone and diet functions, sometimes it just helps to supplement coffee to keep the mental energy up."

Ray Peat: "Since estrogen is a brain excitant, present use creates exactly the same sort of effect on verbal fluency and other signs of awareness of the environment that a little cocaine does. Anyone who neglects this effect is probably deliberately constructing a propaganda study."

Dhair

I am on testosterone replacement (don't need to hear judgement about how that is a dumb thing to do). Anyways, I feel much better mood, energy, and especially anxiety wise when my estrogen is too high. However, I suffer from mild to extreme erectile dysfunction and lowered libido when it is high. My question is why I feel good when Peat says high estrogen is bad? This is covering up weak adrenals or something like that?
Have you considered adding a little pregnenolone or progesterone to lower the estrogen? It could possibly increase your libido while also benefiting your mood while on TRT.

OP
S

stsfut

Have you considered adding a little pregnenolone or progesterone to lower the estrogen? It could possibly increase your libido while also benefiting your mood while on TRT.
Yes!! I have considered both. My progesterone was .1 on a scale of .1 to .5 so that might make all the difference.

Dhair

Yes!! I have considered both. My progesterone was .1 on a scale of .1 to .5 so that might make all the difference.
Supposedly HCG will increase pregnenolone levels by getting your testes working again. It is not Peat-friendly as it is possibly carcinogenic, but it probably wouldn't hurt to expirement with it. Many guys find that they are able to lower their dose of T while they are on it. I recently started TRT doses of T. Hoping for a miracle, but I know it could always make me worse. I'm coming from total T levels in the 200s though, so something is bound to happen. Almost 2 weeks in and don't notice anything yet, but I've read that's normal.

OP
S

stsfut

lol, yah I remember him saying that. That's a Ray joke.

Edit: Okay, I must have read it because I found it in one of his articles. Here are a few other cocaine/estrogen quotes as well for those interested.

Ray Peat: "The amphetamine-like action of estrogen, which undoubtedly contributes to the general level of stress and excitotoxic abuse of nerve cells, is probably the only "useful" facet of estrogen treatment, but a little cocaine might achieve the same effect with no more harm, possibly less."

Ray Peat: "Since it's excitatory, it can temporarily increase alertness. It acts on the same enzymes that cocaine acts on to increase the adrenaline action in the brain and increases verbal activity so that women can talk twice as fast as men over the influence of estrogen and that's sold as a cognitive virtue except that that carried on for a long time is excitotoxic to the nerves and causes loss of nerve cell function."

Ray Peat: "The short-term benefit is that it's very much like cocaine, it peps you up, but if a person wants to withdraw from it there is often a time of depression and low energy and while adjusting the thyroid and progesterone and diet functions, sometimes it just helps to supplement coffee to keep the mental energy up."

Ray Peat: "Since estrogen is a brain excitant, present use creates exactly the same sort of effect on verbal fluency and other signs of awareness of the environment that a little cocaine does. Anyone who neglects this effect is probably deliberately constructing a propaganda study."
Haha nice finds. He really does think estrogen is the devil! Lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals