High Estrogen (not Low T) Causes Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

haidut

Forum Supporter
The official version is that the issue is "blood flow" and that can be "improved" by increasing the production of nitric oxide (NO). It looks like the real culprit is actually high levels of estrogen. The condition (ED) is probably mediated through estrogen's effect on preventing smooth muscle relaxation. Ray also wrote how estrogen weakens the walls of the veins and makes them pool blood leading to varicose veins and vascular insufficiency. I am sure that plays a role as well.
So, instead of giving testosterone supplement (which according to the study also helped), it may be better to simply lower estrogen. Since tamoxifen used in the study is actually estrogenic in some tissues, estrogen antagonists like vitamin E should be a very logical therapy. Of course, this is no news since vitamin E has been known to treat erectile dysfunction for decades combined with improved fertility (both in males and females). In addition, as I posted some months ago, vitamin E in dosage of 300mg significantly lowered prolactin. That should lead to increased libido, so vitamin E is really a double-punch weapon for treating ED.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 5/abstract

"...This study demonstrates, for the first time, that HFD-induced ED is more associated with a high E2, rather than to a low T, milieu. HFD-induced ED is partially restored by in vivo treatment not only with T but also with the nonsteroidal ER antagonist, tamoxifen."

lexis

Re: High estrogen (not low T) causes erectile dysfunction (E

How to convert 300mg into IU?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

lexis said:

Divide the mg by 0.67, so 300/0.67 = 447.6 IU.

Green

The only time I ever experienced this was after some marijuana and alcohol.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Green said:

Both of which happen to raise estrogen quite a bit:):

BingDing

haidut said:
lexis said:

Divide the mg by 0.67, so 300/0.67 = 447.6 IU.

Dang, but I love seeing good arithmetic with the units correct. I aced engineering school by studying the worked out examples, it's s*** simple if you have a mind for it.

But just to be a pest, I say "erectile dysfunction" is only a name in the "diseasification" of life, the plague of modern civilization and corporate sponsored science; as RP has written, the one disease/one drug model reflects a "fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of living organisms".

Or to be crude, limp d*** drunks are well known; milk, sugar and thyroid support are the good answers.

G

gummybear

jimmymaxewell said:
The low level of T hormones affects the man's libido power and can contribute erectile dysfunction.

LiveLeak-dot-com-aae_1416979915-1_1416981056.jpg

Parsifal

haidut said:
Green said:

Both of which happen to raise estrogen quite a bit:):
How does both work to raise estrogen? I know weed can lower testosterone but it seems that it increases lypolisis in the brain as well?

J

jb116

The pathetic part of it is that high NO will ultimately work in tandem with estrogen making matters worse down the line.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Last edited by a moderator:

lexis

haidut said:
The official version is that the issue is "blood flow" and that can be "improved" by increasing the production of nitric oxide (NO). It looks like the real culprit is actually high levels of estrogen. The condition (ED) is probably mediated through estrogen's effect on preventing smooth muscle relaxation. Ray also wrote how estrogen weakens the walls of the veins and makes them pool blood leading to varicose veins and vascular insufficiency. I am sure that plays a role as well.
So, instead of giving testosterone supplement (which according to the study also helped), it may be better to simply lower estrogen. Since tamoxifen used in the study is actually estrogenic in some tissues, estrogen antagonists like vitamin E should be a very logical therapy. Of course, this is no news since vitamin E has been known to treat erectile dysfunction for decades combined with improved fertility (both in males and females). In addition, as I posted some months ago, vitamin E in dosage of 300mg significantly lowered prolactin. That should lead to increased libido, so vitamin E is really a double-punch weapon for treating ED.

"...This study demonstrates, for the first time, that HFD-induced ED is more associated with a high E2, rather than to a low T, milieu. HFD-induced ED is partially restored by in vivo treatment not only with T but also with the nonsteroidal ER antagonist, tamoxifen."

Does caffeine lower estrogen?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
lexis said:
post 106332
haidut said:

Does caffeine lower estrogen?

Yes, it does. It also destroys the estrogen "receptor" just like progesterone does, so makes the cell immune to estrogen's effects. Vitamin A and E do the same in higher doses.
viewtopic.php?t=6488

Last edited by a moderator:

NathanK

Estrogen is really a core issue. I think it is important to make the distinction that there is intacellular and serum estrogen. Some guys don't make enough testosterone to aromatize enough serum estrogen for blood tests, but have plenty that is already stored causing problems. Some serum estrogen is important for libido (I've heard many guys say they have higher libido with higher serum-myself included), but it's the other stuff that inhibits other downstream functions.

Taking an AI for instance with low serum estrogen can cause real problems like achy joints, but for guys that have too much aromatize activity, AIs can be a real winner. Other drugs that block estrogen can be selectively directed at the hypothalamus (clomiphine) while others can be more general (vit E for instance). If im correct, nolvadex inhibits estrogen in reproductive organs in men and women. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selecti ... _modulator

I'm just saying all this to show that this can be a complex issue that needs to be investigated individually. ED, "low T, and libido are correlated, but are not always present simultaneously. Estrogen most certainly plays a central role in all of them.

dand

Interesting thread... If anything Vitamin E dramatically lowers my sex drive. Would you take this to mean that my estrogen is already in the lower end of the range? The last time I had it checked that was the cause, but that was a while ago. Funny enough, the most pro-libido thing I have ever tried, personally, is LSD and the other dopamine agonists don't even come close, but maybe that is a matter of dosage?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Interesting thread... If anything Vitamin E dramatically lowers my sex drive. Would you take this to mean that my estrogen is already in the lower end of the range? The last time I had it checked that was the cause, but that was a while ago. Funny enough, the most pro-libido thing I have ever tried, personally, is LSD and the other dopamine agonists don't even come close, but maybe that is a matter of dosage?

You could already have good levels of progesterone and taking too much vitamin E can drive those even higher. Too much progesterone is not good for male libido either. I have seen the most dramatic effects of vitamin E in overweight or obese people who are definitely estrogen dominant due to the fat producing so much estrone. In leaner and healthier people, who are not under too much stress or PUFA load, vitamin E may not have much to offer in sexual health.

dand

Yah, that was my assessment of things. Progesterone definitely destroys my libido when I take it, lol. Last time my blood work was checked prolactin was very low and pufa stores were practically non-existent so that is probably spot on.

Dopamine agonism is for me one of the most fun-peaty things you can do. I always feel more athletic, rhythmic, uninhibited, etc. The pro-libido/pro -dopamine effects of LSD so far are unparalleled and I am always seeking to recreate them with other "supplements" but with something where I know what I am getting since the black market for LSD is questionable. I know lisuride is comparable so if I am not getting a similar effect from it do you think that is just dose dependent? Seems like 5a-dhp might also be comparable. Any other thoughts/ suggestions?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yah, that was my assessment of things. Progesterone definitely destroys my libido when I take it, lol. Last time my blood work was checked prolactin was very low and pufa stores were practically non-existent so that is probably spot on.

Dopamine agonism is for me one of the most fun-peaty things you can do. I always feel more athletic, rhythmic, uninhibited, etc. The pro-libido/pro -dopamine effects of LSD so far are unparalleled and I am always seeking to recreate them with other "supplements" but with something where I know what I am getting since the black market for LSD is questionable. I know lisuride is comparable so if I am not getting a similar effect from it do you think that is just dose dependent? Seems like 5a-dhp might also be comparable. Any other thoughts/ suggestions?

If prolactin (and thus estrogen) drops too low it can cause issues with libido. Peat said that some estrogen is needed for male libido. I would try a small dose DHEA (5mg) with the lisuride and also make sure the lisuride dose is not more than 100mcg at a time. The 200mcg is really meant to treat pituitary tumors and later studies showed that as little as 25mcg is plenty for issues like gyno and prolactin reduction in healthier people, as well as libido improvement.

sladerunner69

In these vit E stuies they usually use just alpha tocopherol and not mixed tocopherols correct? I though alpha was supposed to not be helpful.