High Estrogen (not Low T) Causes Erectile Dysfunction (ED)

Wagner83

Yes. I think that it might even need to be double that.

Some thoughts:

-Peat has said that he needed 150G+ per day for years (I assume his metabolism was optimal during this time) - keep in mind, that's high-quality protein as well (Peat's probably around 77kg)

-Haidut used the equivalent of 150G+ (from BCAAs) for a time during his recovery based on his posts (Georgi is around 86kg)

-Danny had on Emma Sgourakis, a health coach who follows Peat's work, and she claimed that she suggests 80-100G of high-quality protein as the bare minimum for sedentary female (she's probably around 50kg)

-Finally, how many of the protocols on this forum will work without adequate protein?

When I used cooked potato juice, I drank the juice from 10lbs/day for several days before seeing any negative symptoms (headaches). This is the equivalent of 300-500G of high-quality protein per day before seeing negative effects. (I was around 90kg)

Now ask yourself, how many members are getting more than 100G of high-quality protein per day?
Ok, I personnally haven't try such high amounts. At least few people have mentioned not more than 1g/kg maximum being good for longevity and nice for functioning, Koveras and tyw did I think, also a forum member reported Ray said 150g for an elite athlete maximum, he often recommends 100 grams minimum from what I recall. When you say high-quality proteins do you simply mean complete proteins (all amino-acids present)? Without good digestion I suspect getting high-quality proteins from so much meat, fish and dairy could be problematic. Does potato-juice putrefy the same way as animal products ? @Amazoniac
I do think haidut likes his proteins, he mentioned how it is important for dopamine etc...

Last edited:

theLaw

Ok, I personnally haven't try such high amounts. At least few people have mentioned not more than 1g/kg maximum being good for longevity and nice for functioning, Koveras and tyw did I think, also a forum member reported Ray said 150g for an elite athlete maximum, he often recommends 100 grams minimum from what I recall. When you say high-quality proteins do you simply mean complete proteins (all amino-acids present)? Without good digestion I suspect getting high-quality proteins from so much meat, fish and dairy could be problematic. Does potato-juice putrefy the same way as animal products ? @Amazoniac
I do think haidut likes his proteins, he mentioned how it is important for dopamine etc...

I think lower protein is possible when metabolic function is at its peak, so 1G/kg could work under the right conditions. There's also the question of body type. If you look at Haidut vs Danny, it would make sense that Haidut would need more protein to feed more muscle mass, even accounting for the weight difference. But Haidut could also probably slim down to Danny's size, and carry less muscle if he wanted; it's just a personal preference. This could be extended into a number of different biological preferences as well, so perhaps the whole issue is more complex than first appears. But if someone's metabolic function is poor, then more protein might be needed (just speculation).

With regards to the 150G max for an elite athlete, I would be curious why Ray needed that much himself (maybe that huge brain) for a period of time. I've also noticed that Ray is very careful when giving out metrics for diets to not be too specific. I think he wants to point people in the right direction, not draw the map.

High-quality proteins would be any protein that is utilized 100%. So dairy, potato-juice, bcaa, eggs, etc.

Not sure about the potato juice putrification; I've only kept it in the fridge for a few days.

vulture

Some thoughts:

-Peat has said that he needed 150G+ per day for years (I assume his metabolism was optimal during this time) - keep in mind, that's high-quality protein as well (Peat's probably around 77kg)

-Haidut used the equivalent of 150G+ (from BCAAs) for a time during his recovery based on his posts (Georgi is around 86kg)

-Danny had on Emma Sgourakis, a health coach who follows Peat's work, and she claimed that she suggests 80-100G of high-quality protein as the bare minimum for sedentary female (she's probably around 50kg)

-Finally, how many of the protocols on this forum will work without adequate protein?

When I used cooked potato juice, I drank the juice from 10lbs/day for several days before seeing any negative symptoms (headaches). This is the equivalent of 300-500G of high-quality protein per day before seeing negative effects. (I was around 90kg)

Now ask yourself, how many members are getting more than 100G of high-quality protein per day?
I've being skinny most of my life. I was scheptical about fast gains, until I tried a high protein diet (and high everything else), lots of milk, similar to GOMAD. Results? 11 Kg of extra weight in less than 2 months, and though it wasn't 100% clean, I can assure you there was significant extra muscle around. I almost couldn't believe such gains in strength and mass. Problem is that I couldn't handle stress well on those days, workout was insanely hard (breathing squats) and I was under personal problems that elevated stress even more.
Surely protein intake was above 2 g a day...I even recall having puked after eating too much

Lyall

Some thoughts:

I’m interested to know how the figure 300-500g of protein was arrived at? Is there any nutritional data on potato juice?

The keto-acids get turned into protein, amino acids?

theLaw

I’m interested to know how the figure 300-500g of protein was arrived at? Is there any nutritional data on potato juice?

The keto-acids get turned into protein, amino acids?

I asked Haidut about this:

I honestly don't know but I think Peat said in the past that the keto acids in the juice from a pound of potatoes equal about 50g of protein from milk. He also said his number is an estimate and would like to have this tested more scientifically but he lacked equipment at the time.
He may have given a range 30g-50g but it was per pound of potatoes, not per pound of juice. Since the juice from 1 lbs of potatoes is probably about 0.5lbs, and the keto acids are in the juice, then even 30g per 0.5lbs of juice is quite high.

From Peat:

"Two pounds of well-cooked mashed potato has the protein value similar to a liter of milk, about 33 grams of protein. A person would be able to live for a long time on two or three liters of either milk or 4-6 pounds of potatoes per day. The milk drinker would eventually need to supplement iron, the potato eaters would need to supplement vitamin A, possibly B12, but both of them are nearly perfect foods"

There's another quote from Peat about how much protein in the cooked juice vs milk volume, but I can't find it right now.

Also, more info on keto acids (it's currently above my pay-grade)

Protein Vs Keto Acids

Last edited:

Inaut

regarding the potato juice (and sorry if this has already been discussed...) but would running the potatoes through a masticating juicer be the same as peats cooked potato juice recipe? I tried it once and found all the starch settled at the bottom of the container while all the juice was almost completely separated. Never realized how much potato starch feels like mud when wet.

theLaw

regarding the potato juice (and sorry if this has already been discussed...) but would running the potatoes through a masticating juicer be the same as peats cooked potato juice recipe? I tried it once and found all the starch settled at the bottom of the container while all the juice was almost completely separated. Never realized how much potato starch feels like mud when wet.

This is literally how the potato juice is prepared in every post on this forum.

Sobieski

Some thoughts:

Out of interest, what would be the exact parameters for a protein source to qualify as high quality for you?

theLaw

Lyall

I asked Haidut about this:

From Peat:

There's another quote from Peat about how much protein in the cooked juice vs milk volume, but I can't find it right now.

Also, more info on keto acids (it's currently above my pay-grade)

Protein Vs Keto Acids
Great info, thank you for your thoughtful response, I’m going to try this and see how it works. You wouldn’t be able to hazard a guess as to the caloric values this supplies?

theLaw

Great info, thank you for your thoughtful response, I’m going to try this and see how it works. You wouldn’t be able to hazard a guess as to the caloric values this supplies?

I assume it's very little, much like a BCAA sup.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut, I've being seeing some kind of pattern in this whole varicoceles stuff:
Trauma or stressful enviroment increases cortisol (seen in several varicoceles sufferers), inflammation, estrogen, veins get weaker, also, androgen actions reduced by cortisol, increased masturbation to cope with stress sums increased bloodflow to genital area and stress. Some of them actually perform such behaviour even 2 or 3 times a day for weeks or months. Usually masturbators do it sitting, which puts extra pressure on veins compared to standing or laying.
Veins are weaker because of stress hormones, also, as long as I remember, aromatase is considerably produced in testicles, specially under influence of stress. This makes some kind of coctail to get varicose veins in testicles. Genital veins get an abnormally increased bloodflow loaded of estrogen. Also, under influence of such hormones it could be likely to be undernourished (reduced appetite).

It seems like the approach to stop varicoceles progressions (or reducing it?) shall account several factors.

What I'm wondering here is: would be a good idea to put a quality Vitamin E supplement in oil over scrotal skin to try to get kick out as much tissue estrogen as possible in those veins? What do you guys think of it?
Another option might be trying Progesterone on those veins or some sort of anti-inflammatory substance, but as long as I remember, Peat didn't seem friendly on putting oils (or just SFA esthers?) on scrotum area.

Those are are all great observations and some people have reported vitamin E helping with their varicoceles. I think adding even a little progesterone or pregnenolone to the vitamin E solution should help even more. Peat also mentioned that colon enlargement due to serotonin/inflammation/NO is also known to cause varicose veins in the genital area and legs, so cascara/emodin may also help restore proper blood flow and methylene blue or niacinamide should help with the NO.

vulture

Those are are all great observations and some people have reported vitamin E helping with their varicoceles. I think adding even a little progesterone or pregnenolone to the vitamin E solution should help even more. Peat also mentioned that colon enlargement due to serotonin/inflammation/NO is also known to cause varicose veins in the genital area and legs, so cascara/emodin may also help restore proper blood flow and methylene blue or niacinamide should help with the NO.
If a rat has good gut transit (2 to 3 evacuations a day), would you still consider cascara?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
If a rat has good gut transit (2 to 3 evacuations a day), would you still consider cascara?

I would try it just to see if there is some king of inflammation emodin could help with. The benefits of cascara go well beyond digestion.