Weight Loss: Starch And Trytophan Are What Are Stopping You

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date

lampofred

I think calcium to phosphate ratio would also play a large role in whether you are dopamine dominant or serotonin dominant, in addition to tyrosine to tryptophan ratio.

Cirion

I think calcium to phosphate ratio would also play a large role in whether you are dopamine dominant or serotonin dominant, in addition to tyrosine to tryptophan ratio.

I used to think that, but now I don't care about calcium. If it does have an impact, its impact relative to tryptophan is nill. There is no argument that can make me want to consume dairy again. The cons dramatically outweigh the pros. Tryptophan is just too evil. If I did ever have calcium again it would be a supplement, but since I don't do supplements anymore either... I'll take my chances without.

tankasnowgod

I have had substantial weight loss.
I am Down 20lbs, muscle is way up, libido as well, fatigue is gone.
I am now a lean, muscular healthy individuals, without restrictive low carb/low fat/excessive excising.

Here's what I have found: It all comes down to hormones

1) All Tryptophan/Cysteine/Methanione and Insulin-Genic Starch are the culprits and disruptions of hormones.

2) Simply going "Low fat" messes with blood sugar swings, fat soul able vitamins, cholesterol production, and high circulating FFA(PUFA).

Diet:
Protein:
Full Fat Sheep and Goat Cheese= A2 Casein+Calcium+Fat
Homemade A2 milk Cottage Cheese
Gelatin/Collagen

This Keep Serotonin down and you will see a huge increase in mood/libido/testosterone

Carbs:

Apple Juice+Salt
Orange Juice+Sugar+Salt

Supplements:
Coffee
b2(strong serotonin antagonist)
vitamin e

You will become ravenously hungry and drop a ton of water weight in the first few days.

Take a gulp of milk/meat and the tryptophan methanione will bloat you up and slow everything down, you will realize the culperts all along.

Avoid:
Starchs=Insulin/Serotonin Producing
All Anti-Metabolic Amminos=Meat, Whey(milk)

Question.... how much protein do you average in a day? Also, meat doesn't really have that much tryptophan or methionine.

tankasnowgod

@Amarsh213

Isn’t cottage cheese just solidified milk with about the same composition as milk, including tryptophan?

Nope. It's mostly casien protein. Cottage (and most other) cheeses have drastically less tryptophan and cysteine. Curds, not whey. You lose a lot of tryptophan in most cheese making (I think Ricotta is an exception, being made from whey protein).

Cirion

Whey isn't serotonigic.

upload_2019-5-15_16-13-4.png

Whey contains half a gram of tryptophan in a single scoop. Tryptophan is serotonin inducing for most people.

Hans

Forum Supporter
View attachment 13186
Whey contains half a gram of tryptophan in a single scoop. Tryptophan is serotonin inducing for most people.
Yeah, whey is very high in tryptophan and is very insulinogenic. The insulin increases tryptophan uptake in the brain which is then used to create serotonin.
Egg white are the same, especially when cooked.

Cirion

Yeah, whey is very high in tryptophan and is very insulinogenic. The insulin increases tryptophan uptake in the brain which is then used to create serotonin.
Egg white are the same, especially when cooked.

So this means high insulin in conjunction with tryptophan is what exasperates serotonin? Maybe this is why food combining principles say don't combine meat with starches?

Hans

Forum Supporter
So this means high insulin in conjunction with tryptophan is what exasperates serotonin? Maybe this is why food combining principles say don't combine meat with starches?
Yes especially if there isn't enough other competing amino acids available at the same time. Whey is high in tryptophan plus very insulinogenic so it will increase serotonin a lot, whereas casein is much lower in tryptophan and not as insulinogenic and will not increase serotonin as much.

If you eat a complex meal such as meat with starch and fat the digestion and absorption is slowed and there is a lot of other competing amino acids available, thus serotonin will not be increased as much.

Tryptophan is also used for muscle protein synthesis so a good meal such as meat and potatoes could rather boost muscle protein synthesis and glycogen storage instead of creating serotonin.

But I guess starches can cause high serotonin symptoms in some, especially if they get an endotoxin response as well. So lowering the insulinogenic effect of a meal with fructose and glycine for instance and antagonizing the endotoxin receptor with glycine, the serotonergic effect can be greatly mitigated.

Runenight201

The more I pay attention to my mental and physical states, the more I believe excessive weight to be a lack of self-awareness as opposed to any specific dietary structure.

@Kelj made some good points, and I agree that one has to be free to consume any food, but with the utmost attention to stomach satiation, mental states, cravings, etc...

Liberating the diet doesn’t mean stuffing the face with cookies and ice cream, but consuming anything when physiologically or psychologically needed. There are frequent times when fat, or carbs, or protein, or dairy, or veggies, or beans, or starch, or doughnuts, or ice cream, or meat, cheese, etc... are needed for optimal health.

Doing anything else is letting dogma interrupt health. The people who eat whatever they want and stay lean? They are very adept at reading their bodies and eating appropriate foods when needed. Everything is on the table, but only certain foods should be selected at any given time. Eating this way is truly liberating. Paying attention, knowing when enough is enough, rotating foods as needed, this leads to good health.

Also I highly recommend coffee and butter. Instantly helps with any stomach disruptions. Quickly increases my mental capabilities, and quiets the mental chatter.

Too much protein taxes the kidneys. Too much fat decreases blood oxygen and causes hypercoagulation. For persons in decent health: carbs are by far the least taxing of the macros on our organs, provided one is getting them via proper nutrient dense foods, or supplementing with b vitamins / minerals / electrolytes etc. Personally a sugar heavy diet leaves me feeling like I haven’t had enough to eat, makes it hard for me to relax, where as starch heavy leaves me feeling full and I am able to relax. I think being able to relax and feel satiated by a meal is very valuable to overall health, food should leave us feeling less stressed but still energized. Until I started taking a lot of thiamine carbs would leave me feeling tired, my body was in a terrible state back then from eating keto style for too long, even eating a keto meal left me tired back then toward the end. Now I can down 300 calories in juice and eat 400 calories in starch - all in one meal and feel great, my temp goes to 99 and I have no postprandial lethargy at all. One would have to go virtually zero fat to have trouble assimilating fat soluble vitamins.

LiveWire

@Hans

So how am I supposed to build muscle after wourkout if not with whey? I understand insulogenic is what you want before and after workout.

I take shitload of it before and after, with even more dextrose, as not to slow down anything with things like fructose. I take 30 grams of whey with eirther 6 grams of glycine or 12 grams of collagen. Isn’t that enough to comepete with the trypto? I take it before, during and after workout, as well as morning and evening. That’s like 180 grams of whey on workout days and 60 on non-workout days. I’m still alive and haven’t killed anyone either, or whatever it is that trypto is supposed to be casuing.

I can’t say it works for muscle, but then again nothing ever works on me so that’s a whole another story.

Last edited:

Zigzag

I've been wondering why I haven't been losing weight lately... Walking decent amount of time, eating slightly less than 2k kcal and weight just haven't moved at all. I'm still at192 pounds (6ft). I think the culprit in my case is meat/high tryptophan. I've been eating not the best quality (market tier) chicken breasts or thighs (without fat and skin) which I guess contain a great amount of tryptophan. My daily protein intake is around 150/160g. Would you say, dropping meat for a while would work in such case?

I've been wondering why I haven't been losing weight lately... Walking decent amount of time, eating slightly less than 2k kcal and weight just haven't moved at all. I'm still at192 pounds (6ft). I think the culprit in my case is meat/high tryptophan. I've been eating not the best quality (market tier) chicken breasts or thighs (without fat and skin) which I guess contain a great amount of tryptophan. My daily protein intake is around 150/160g. Would you say, dropping meat for a while would work in such case?
Chicken breast is pretty high in tryptophan, although it still has much less than milk. What does a day of eating look like for you?

Red meat and gelatin are indeed great sources of protein, and fruit can also provide some low tryptophan protein if you eat a lot of it.

2000 calories per day seems low even for a small woman. I would find it very hard to keep muscle mass on just that amount of calories. You're probably lowering your metabolic rate by doing that.

Zigzag

Chicken breast is pretty high in tryptophan, although it still has much less than milk. What does a day of eating look like for you?

Red meat and gelatin are indeed great sources of protein, and fruit can also provide some low tryptophan protein if you eat a lot of it.

2000 calories per day seems low even for a small woman. I would find it very hard to keep muscle mass on just that amount of calories. You're probably lowering your metabolic rate by doing that.

I actually fast until I come back home from work. It basically turns out I do IF with 5-6h eating window. My diet is fairly low carb tbh, just because I don't feel like eating them in large amounts (besides some sweets from time to time). So it's chicken meat, some veggies (almost no starch) aaaand that's it. I cook in oven or on a frying pan with some butter or coconut oil. Eggs from time to time. Coffee all the time, I'm addicted :D

Tbh last time I managed to drop nice amount of weight was last year with IF+ keto. I got down to 174 pounds, but it's an unsustainable way of eating. I like carbs, it may be low, but they are a must.

I actually fast until I come back home from work. It basically turns out I do IF with 5-6h eating window. My diet is fairly low carb tbh, just because I don't feel like eating them in large amounts (besides some sweets from time to time). So it's chicken meat, some veggies (almost no starch) aaaand that's it. I cook in oven or on a frying pan with some butter or coconut oil. Eggs from time to time. Coffee all the time, I'm addicted :D

Tbh last time I managed to drop nice amount of weight was last year with IF+ keto. I got down to 174 pounds, but it's an unsustainable way of eating. I like carbs, it may be low, but they are a must.
Maybe your thyroid isn't funtioning optimally. A low carb diet reliably lowers the production of the active hormone T3 from the inactive hormone T4. The conversion requires liver glycogen, so a low intake of carbs will cause low levels of T3. And because the free fatty acids in the blood are always elevated, both due to the low carb diet and to the fasting, cells don't respond well to the T3. If thyroid hormone is low, the stress hormones take over: adrenaline, cortisol, serotonin, etc. These hormones bascially are survival hormones. They sacrifice muscle tissue as well as organ tissue( skin, for example) to provide glucose for parts of the body that don't use fat or ketones, and at the same time, they preserve fat mass, especially in the belly. Also, the thymus gland, which is a very importante part of the imune system, degenerates when exposed to cortiol or low glucose. The metabolism really slows down when fat is used as fuel and the lower amounts of CO2 generated from fat oxidation could contribute to lower bone mass and soft tissue calcifications.

Many people lose weight on a ketogenic diet, but in the process they really break their metabolism. When they notice it, they have chronic fatigue, constant adrenaline rushes, bad sleep, bad memory, poor verbal fluidity, and lack of well-being and calmness. Ray cited a study where it was shown that the difference between old cells and young cells is that, although both can burn fat at the same rate, the old ones couldn't burn glucose efficiently, even when they were given large amounts of glucose. Also, one of the ways that things like niacinamide can heal kidney diseases is by reducing the amount of fat in the blood. This strongly indicates that fat oxidation isn't the way to health.

Cortisol and adrenaline often cause a feeling that looks a lot like an intense well-being, but it's not well-being that your cells are feeling. Chronically elevated levels of stress hormones will cause degenerative diseases eventually. Caffeine without carbs will increase these hormones and will accelerate the degeneration.

Losing weight isn't necessarily a sign of health. Cancer patients and people with type one diabetes lose weight like crazy and they surely feel terrible. It's possible to eat a lot of food and be lean and healthy. Caloric restriction, especially carbohydrate restriction, is bad for most, if not all, people.

If you don't feel like eating carbs, then it may mean that your carb burning capacity is greatly reduced from long periods of fat burning. Using things like niacinamide and thiamine and biotin and increasing the amount of carbs you eat will increase your metabolism and, after you recover, you will be able to maintain lean mass and much more easily lose fat.

Lastly, there was a study where they managed to maintain the weight of some women with just around 700 kcals a day. This goes to show that the body will lower the metabolism as much as it needs to stay alive. The more you lower the caloric intake, the lower the amount of calories you will burn. Fixing the carb burning capacity will, IMO, get your to where you want it to be.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals