Your weight loss tips ?

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Hi !

(French speaker here, sorry for my English)

I am suffering because of sudden weight gain after starting "peating". I 've gain around my hips and even more on my legs. My cellulite is painful, and I think it's dairy-linked.
I've started this health journey two month ago because I 've been depressed , insomniac and anxious my whole life, to a point where I spend years of my existence lying in bed, crying.
Even if I feel less anxious and depressed most of the time, and my sleep is getting better, I feel hurt because of body-shame.
It's like this body is not mine, not at all. I truly believe some people's weight is made to be in the high range, while being healthy. That's definitely not my case. I know that because the apparence of my face is puffy for long time in the morning, my cellulite is GIANT all over my butt, and legs.

WELL !

I found DAIRY to be very fattening. Also, after having milk, even skim milk, I get nausea (I guess my liver is suffering) so maybe I just can't digest dairy correctly for now.

The only way for me to drop weight (for my experience) is called keto diet, and I know you all (almost) hate this solution. I do to. I'm thinking again about going low carb to try to drop some weight without any calories deficit, but actually I fed up with eating fat. I practiced this diet for nearly a year and I can't stand too much added fat anymore.

Can you give me your weight loss tips, calorie deficit apart, please ?

Here is the meal plan I am planning to give a try to :

Morning (6am)

Black coffee
2 eggs in butter (small amount)
100 grams of sourdough bread

Mid-Morning (10 am)

1/2 L of orange juice
20 gr of protein from COLLAGENE (nutripure, french brand 🇫🇷 😎)

Lunch (2 pm)

100 gr of meat
Vegetables with
2 tsbs of olive oil
Fruits for dessert

Diner (7 pm)

100 gr of fish
10 gr of butter (for cooking)
Potatoes (to satiety, generally half a plate)
30 gr of cheese for dessert
Fruits for desserts

Thanks a lot for your advices, wisdom, experiment and understanding 🙏

Love,

A French Cat

P.S : don't try to change my mind about weight loss please, it's useless.

Here all I the things have to say about weight loss…

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
Here all I the things have to say about weight loss…

I am currently reading those threads ahahah thanks !!
Just needing thoughts about my Meal plans and eventually about dairy.
I see your experience lead you to think that consuming protein + sugar = safe weight loss
You don't seem to eat a lot of calcium though... As far as I am concern I am afraid of laking calcium, especially because I have teeth decay du to my past eating disorders (with v*miting) and I am very active (I know you are too) during the day because I work on the market, selling fish.
Also, starch is seen as fattening for most people, right ? That's also my opinion and experience. I noticed my belly gets bloated very quickly with starch (and too much fat). Also I retain water, which never occurs with simple sugar.

Unfortunately, I developed and anxiety with no eating starch before bed, since It seems to help A LOT with sleeping.. and I am an insomniac French kitty 🐱

Thanks for your concern 🙏

I see your experience lead you to think that consuming protein + sugar = safe weight loss
You don't seem to eat a lot of calcium though...
I live on calcium, raw milk about 3 to 4 cups a day if I am eating cottage cheese and mozzarella, and about 4 to 6 cups if I am not, calcium is a major player in my weight loss and I have kept the weight off. Starches and grains and meat put weight on me.

OP
French.cat

French.cat

Forum Supporter
I live on calcium, raw milk about 3 to 4 cups a day if I am eating cottage cheese and mozzarella, and about 4 to 6 cups if I am not, calcium is a major player in my weight loss and I have kept the weight off. Starches and grains and meat put weight on me.
Yep, I am reading the pages of the thread called "MORE WEIGHT LOSS TALK" and I think I understand that you get your calcium in replacement of your meat. Am I right ? You seem to claim that milk + cheese + meat was too much dietary fat for you to lose the weight. Am I still right ?
I love milk so maybe when I have it, I should eat some fruits and ... that's my meal ! I suffer a lot with all this fats around my legs. Even if I don't hate myself.
Thanks for the reply :)

Yep, I am reading the pages of the thread called "MORE WEIGHT LOSS TALK" and I think I understand that you get your calcium in replacement of your meat. Am I right ? You seem to claim that milk + cheese + meat was too much dietary fat for you to lose the weight. Am I still right ?
I love milk so maybe when I have it, I should eat some fruits and ... that's my meal ! I suffer a lot with all this fats around my legs. Even if I don't hate myself.
Thanks for the reply :)
Yes exactly, too much fat in a sitting sabotages weight loss. I also try not to drink liquids with my foods, as it impedes quick digestion. Milk with raw honey is a great combo. Since losing all the excess fat I wanted gone, I keep the starches and meats low, and I trouble keeping weight on now. The key is a lifestyle change, and consistency. I use to lose the weight and then go back to my old habits, and undo it all. Never again! I feel too good in my skin for any moment of pleasure to ruin how I feel the other 23.45 hours of the day.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@French.cat, @Rinse & rePeat has basically covered everything but the bottom line with fat loss is tapping into our stored body fat in a way that is hopefully not too stressful and provides adequate nutrition. I really enjoyed the way this article describes it. I personally do well with pretty abundant lean meat which while it is different from Rinse we each owe it to ourselves to figure out the way of eating that works best for us as individuals.

David PS

Last edited:
It is not uncommon for people to gain weight when they start "peating". They usually think that because a peat-inspired diet is pro-metabolic, they can eat as much as they want. This is true, but only under three conditions:

1) Absence of stored PUFA
2) Good insulin sensitivity. Glucose-oxidizing metabolism
3) Adequate satiety signaling

ALL of these factors are severely disrupted by a standard American diet, a keto, or a low-carb diet. After these diets, your metabolic rate will be depressed, your tissues will be PUFA-soaked, and your brain-satiety signaling will be out of whack. This damage will not be fixed by a few days of "pro-metabolic" eating. It takes months of dedicated effort to bring the body back to an insulin-sensitive, glucose-oxidizing state.

If you attempt to eat to satiety without considering calories, chances are good that you will gain weight if your metabolism and hormones are not in good shape. Many people believe that a peaty "pro-metabolic" diet is a license to eat as much as they want. But this is just not true, or at least, it is not true for people who are starting their Peat journey.

The metabolic rate comes first, a large amount of calories without weight gain comes later. The attempt to reverse this sequence results in weight gain.

The good news is that a properly implemented peaty diet will help to increase your metabolic rate and lose excess body fat if needed without much pain.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals