I Am New To Dr. Peat Diet- Afraid To Gain Weight

OP
I

ilpmusic

There is a great thread called weight loss tips by brokenman on this forum, its less about "weight loss" but more about how the start fixing yourself and eventually find the easiest and least damaging way to lose fat mass and gain lean mass. It's a pretty good guide which takes the best knowledge from the forum and turns it into a step by step?

Pregnenolone and Progesterone, best to read all the threads dedicated to these + ray peat;s actual articles on them. They are the "safest" hormones to use to rebalance from estrogen/serotonin dominance but there are always risks.... Preg is the master hormone that all the others are made of so having extra from that can mean some systems aren't shut down in a chronic stress situation. It can, it seems for some people, all be converted into the stress hormones though. Not an expert in the area.
I will ask my dr this week .

encerent

I get dry papery skin over my knuckles on very low fat. I now do 1% milk instead of skimmed. Seems to resolve the issue. Fat with bad liver labs.

Really? Haven't noticed any dryness of the skin. Been on about 20 g coconut oil + incidental fat for 2 months now.

RP says you can make all the fat you really need if you ingest in fructose.

Milena

Really? Haven't noticed any dryness of the skin. Been on about 20 g coconut oil + incidental fat for 2 months now.

RP says you can make all the fat you really need if you ingest in fructose.
20g of CO is hardly very low fat :)
Personally, my body is not in that state, obviously on VLF.

OP
I

ilpmusic

My skin has improved due to now foods beef gelatin since I've been using the principles of this way of eating.Great here, less wrinkles, tighter skin on my arms and thighs and far less cellulite

OP
I

ilpmusic

It is a great article, it probably saved my life. Read the rest of them too he makes it make sense after hours of scrolling through the many study discussions on this forum.

My body shape has changed in that I was always stick thin in the upper body with a flat belly and a huge bum and thighs (CELLULITE ALERT). Now the weight I have gained has gone evenly over my body (never happened before) and I have gone up about 1.5 time in the bra size as well, and my skin is firming up significantly. I also have a small belly now which I've never had. I give it a cuddle and a pat every now and again because it represents how physically energetic and happy I am. I feel "sexier" and also my libido has improved and whilst my partner has named my new tummy, it's with affection and he is happy I am happy and super attracted to him again.

Generally I feel a lot stronger and fitter too, I don't get tired doing the gardening and I feel a lot of joy from using my body, rather then fighting will all my will just to get from my car to my front door after work every day (I sit at work so not exactly hard labour). I am getting married in 5 months and I'd like a bit more fat loss and lean muscle gain but I'm sure as hell not going to be hitting the gym. I'm taking up dance lessons to use my spare energy and just making sure I walk 3 to 4 times a week and get to a yoga class.

Yes I have been adding a teaspoon to a tablespoon of gelatin to my daily diet (in juice, soup, coffee, fruit jellies). My partner is braver than me and cooks me liver or kidney once or twice a month as well. Other than that my diet is omelettes with fried onions and peppers and cheese, chocolate milkshakes, and meat and 3 veg dinners with with jelly lollies, chocolate, cheese and fruits as snacks and the occasional gluten free bagel with soup. I need more protein so I'm working on that.

Horse Radish was a game changer for me sleep wise in the last week so that's my top tip right now. Don't get overwhelmed and don't worry. Just follow basic template of peaty foods but don't eat anything you don't want, like or crave just because it's Peat Forum Approved, and start getting in some of the haidut recommended supplements. Pregnenolone, Progesterone, Vit A D E K and all the Bs. You will feel much better.
So it has been two months. Cellulite has drastically improved, my skin is very tight,No more cystic acne, my sleep has drastically improved to the point that sometimes I don't have to take gelatin at night to sleep, and best of all just like you: my body weight shifted up. I went to a professional brassiere to have a professional fitting. My band size is normal but 2 cups bigger. No weight gain! I am actually losing weight.I appreciate you helping me. After reading your post it was the selling point to continue on when it was very difficult.

walker_in_aus

So it has been two months. Cellulite has drastically improved, my skin is very tight,No more cystic acne, my sleep has drastically improved to the point that sometimes I don't have to take gelatin at night to sleep, and best of all just like you: my body weight shifted up. I went to a professional brassiere to have a professional fitting. My band size is normal but 2 cups bigger. No weight gain! I am actually losing weight.I appreciate you helping me. After reading your post it was the selling point to continue on when it was very difficult.

I am so so happy for you! I'm glad I convinced you. I am currently slowly and easily losing the extra weight I gained following 2 weeks stints of very low fat. I only started to do this once I felt my energy was better and my mood was great. I did it for two weeks and lost quite a few cms from waist and hips but chest and arms didn't drop. It seems a much better way to lose weight than low carb haha.

I hope your health continues to improve and you stay feeling excellent.

EIRE24

What helped the most with your cystic acne?

sladerunner69

Simply watch your calories, especially your fat calories. People initially adopting Peat dieting techniques tend to overeat because it is so easy to drink and eat sweet or fatty foods, which tend to be delicious, and when the stomach is adapting to sensing less starch or fiber. I would use a calories counter as well as being sure to only eat when you feel a clear sensation of hunger.

"As I have pointed out in many past posts and materials, it’s also possible to eventually experience substantial weight loss eating precisely the number of calories you desire, with or without strenuous exercise."

-Matt Stone

walker_in_aus

Simply watch your calories, especially your fat calories. People initially adopting Peat dieting techniques tend to overeat because it is so easy to drink and eat sweet or fatty foods, which tend to be delicious, and when the stomach is adapting to sensing less starch or fiber. I would use a calories counter as well as being sure to only eat when you feel a clear sensation of hunger.

I definitely did - more so I let my "sugar demon" free and ate heaps of candy whilst continuing to eat butter quite freely. But I know how mentally ill I was six months ago and I forgive myself for it because dropping guilt and diet dogma was part of the "healing". Now Im clearer and happier and slowly losing it without feeling really awful. :)

schultz

gj! :woot:

OP
I

ilpmusic

What helped the most with your cystic acne?
I believe the gelatin plus incorporating Ray Peat guidelines of eating. I have cut out nuts, beans, avocados and salmon. Eating more fruit ,added sugar and salt back to my diet and lots of dairy. I am not super strict when it comes to having a little wheat here and there like a slice of pizza or when I go out to eat.
Even my aestheticians are shocked. One of them is a strict vegan who hate Dairy. She knows about my diet but I keep quiet and just have her observe my skin and the tremendous improvements.

OP
I

ilpmusic

I am so so happy for you! I'm glad I convinced you. I am currently slowly and easily losing the extra weight I gained following 2 weeks stints of very low fat. I only started to do this once I felt my energy was better and my mood was great. I did it for two weeks and lost quite a few cms from waist and hips but chest and arms didn't drop. It seems a much better way to lose weight than low carb haha.

Thank you ! Before I started these new eating guidelines, I knew about how in the 50s the women would use Knox gelatin to keep their weight down.
Even though I don't use Knox gelatin but a better brand, I found these old diet booklets that Knox would sell in the 50s. One has to make a few little changes here and there but I'm starting to incorporate some of their meal plans.

EIRE24

I believe the gelatin plus incorporating Ray Peat guidelines of eating. I have cut out nuts, beans, avocados and salmon. Eating more fruit ,added sugar and salt back to my diet and lots of dairy. I am not super strict when it comes to having a little wheat here and there like a slice of pizza or when I go out to eat.
Even my aestheticians are shocked. One of them is a strict vegan who hate Dairy. She knows about my diet but I keep quiet and just have her observe my skin and the tremendous improvements.
So adding dairy actually made your skin better? wow, thats amazing and well done!

OP
I

ilpmusic

So adding dairy actually made your skin better? wow, thats amazing and well done!
Yes. I used to go to expensive dermatologists and medical spas to help it. They were very big and painful.

OP
I

ilpmusic

So my concern is what caused the breast tissue to increase so much and is that healthy? Yes I agree there's better ways to lose weight then low-carb. Even though it's not very popular on this forum, I've been swimming laps an hour and a half 5 to 6 times a day. I do have a photo shoot coming up Since I'm a singer for a band.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals