High calorie and BCAA/Isoleucine restriction for weight loss

Michael Mohn

That's a great idea. If you want to lose weight fast through muscle, organ, and bone wasting, low protein, especially low BCAA is a great way to do that, the data is very clear.

The added testicle and inguinal fat deposits is a plus.

View attachment 59778
I don't have much fat actually. My problem is more bloating and edema, losing some amount of intestine would be welcomed to reduce the extended belly I developed post corona + allergies.
In my observation and experience high protein intake reduces fat mass only in "studies". In real life higher meat and dairy intake always leads to fat gain and fatigue.
Anyway what approach do you recommend for fat loss and preserving lean muscle mass?

Alpha

Anyway what approach do you recommend for fat loss and preserving lean muscle mass?
The tried and true methods of high protein, high BCAA to spare muscle breakdown, and a caloric deficit that cycles high complex carbs with medium to low depending on exercise timing. Zone 2 cardio 30 minutes a day.

Some studies show low dose leucine+pde5i or leucine+pde5i+metformin significantly reduced fat through AMPK synergy.

Orlistat if you need some pharmacological intervention.

And of course, no sugar.

The tried and true methods of high protein, high BCAA to spare muscle breakdown, and a caloric deficit that cycles high complex carbs with medium to low depending on exercise timing. Zone 2 cardio 30 minutes a day.

Some studies show low dose leucine+pde5i or leucine+pde5i+metformin significantly reduced fat through AMPK synergy.

And of course, no sugar.
Thanks for your input in this thread, Alpha. I find your posts very informative.

Do you mind if I ask your age, height, weight, physique etc.? Do you have any significant abdominal fat, or significant muscle mass? I'm not asking this as any sort of "gotcha" as I don't know how long you've been on the journey you are now - I just find it interesting to consider in the context of your other ideas.

Thanks!

cremes

And of course, no sugar.
Let me rephrase your advice.

"Eat less, move more."

I'm afraid this doesn't work for a large segment of the population.

Alpha

Let me rephrase your advice.

"Eat less, move more."

I'm afraid this doesn't work for a large segment of the population.
It works for all segments of the population.

What you neant to say is, a large segment of the population would rather not move and put the fork down.

Osukhan

@Alpha great work, thank you

coming from carnivore, i appreciate protein and its benefits
ive always felt good with adequate protein for weight control and body comp
keeping it at 1 gram of protein for my goal weight

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals