"The Actual Cure For Male Pattern Baldness"

Kenny

?? seems like broscience to me, here is my version based on personal experience: just fix your fascial imbalance and the hair will grow back. Not just stop shedding.

How do you recommend one goes about doing that? How does the fascia relate to MPB/hair loss? How much hair did you regrow?

YUPEATER

:clap
Reading thru this thread again got me thinking and I'm going to loosely attempt to connect the dots presented elsewhere on this forum - so bare with me.

- A healthy thyroid raises natural progesterone production
- If progesterone levels aren't optimal this leads to more testosterone aromatizing into estrogen
- Females have menstral cycles to assist with the ebb and flow of progesterone, but it becomes a problem with PCOS
- Men's ability to produce progesterone deteriorates as they age and by age 40 they likely are estrogen dominant
- Low Thyroid causes low body temperatures and also inhibits your liver's ability to process estrogen
- Low body temperatures drastically reduce the body's ability to minimize fungal threats
- Fungal infections thrive in highly estrogenic environments
- Fungal infections are commonly found in the skin and scalp causing inflammation (ex. the MPB itch)
- In low thyroid states, the adrenals are working overtime often chronically over-producing cortisol
- Cortisol affects our gut microbes and permeability leading to further colonization by opportunistic pathogens/fungi
- DHT shows up in the inflamed scalp in an attempt to reduce the inflammation
- Finasteride is a 5 alpa-reductase inhibitor i.e. DHT blocker
- Finasteride has shown highly active prevention of fungi (ex. C.Albicans) and major synergistic effects when taken with Fluconazole (Fin is often paired w/Nizoral shampoo)
- In the beginning, many see their hairloss subside on Finasteride - even if they don't grow anything back, but eventually it loses it's effectiveness (Duhh it's inhibiting DHT)
- Sebaceous glands are enlarged in balding scalps as the hair follicle shrinks during hair loss (i.e. physical obstruction)
- Sebaceous glands create oils/fats (sebum) which fungi like to feed on (ex. Malassazia) and can be colonized by acne bacteria (i.e. foliculitis /more inflammation)
- Progesterone reduces sebum activity
- While all of this is happening the scalp continues to remain inflamed ultimately leading to fibrosis

I dunno. Maybe I'm just being an idiot here - but the thyroid connection and the cascade of issues when it's low is really starting to make sense to me now. I think stuff like Fin is actually handling the fungi/inflammatory aspect of hair loss while naively assuming DHT was the culprit. However it can't stave off the systemic issues of low thyroid eventually causing PFS because of DHT inhibition (particularly in men who are already low DHT to begin with). I know for myself, labs have shown low serum DHT, so there is no shot in hell I will ever step foot near a drug like Fin or Dut.

@mrchibbs thoughts?

:clap:clap Thanks for putting it in such an understandable way.

JDreamer

:clap

:clap:clap Thanks for putting it in such an understandable way.

Thanks!

My mind was hyper-focused this morning and I felt like jotting it all down. I still need to work the serotonin/prolactin/prostaglandins aspect in there, but feel like I have a general feel for the framework. We'll see what some of the sharper minds than I say. It may only be one type of hair loss I'm describing.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

Reading thru this thread again got me thinking and I'm going to loosely attempt to connect the dots presented elsewhere on this forum - so bare with me.

- A healthy thyroid raises natural progesterone production and I believe Peat said T3 is important in wound healing / regenerative processes
- If progesterone levels aren't optimal this leads to more testosterone aromatizing into estrogen
- Females have menstral cycles to assist/protect them with the ebb and flow of progesterone, but it becomes a problem with PCOS
- Men's ability to produce progesterone deteriorates as they age and by age 40 they likely are estrogen dominant
- Low Thyroid causes low body temperatures and also inhibits your liver's ability to process excess estrogen
- Low body temperatures drastically reduce the body's ability to minimize fungal threats
- Fungal infections thrive in highly estrogenic environments
- Fungal infections are commonly found in the skin and scalp causing inflammation (ex. the MPB itch)
- Elevated prostaglandin levels have been observed in chronic C.Albicans infections
- Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) is involved in the regulation of body temperature during sleep
- In low thyroid states, the adrenals are working overtime often chronically over-producing cortisol
- Cortisol affects our gut microbes and permeability leading to further colonization by opportunistic pathogens/fungi
- DHT shows up in the inflamed scalp in an attempt to reduce the inflammation
- DHT is also a known antagonistic to estrogen, cortisol, serotonin
- Finasteride has been shown as highly active in prevention of fungi (ex. C.Albicans) and major synergistic effects when taken with Fluconazole (Fin is often paired w/Nizoral shampoo)
- Finasteride is a 5 alpa-reductase inhibitor i.e. DHT blocker
- In the beginning, many see their hairloss subside on Finasteride - even if they don't grow anything back, but eventually it loses it's effectiveness (Duhh it's inhibiting DHT)
- Sebaceous glands are enlarged in balding scalps as the hair follicle shrinks during hair loss (i.e. physical obstruction)
- Sebaceous glands create oils/fats (sebum) which fungi like to feed on (ex. Malassazia) and can be colonized by acne bacteria (i.e. foliculitis /more inflammation)
- Progesterone reduces sebum activity
- While all of this is happening the scalp continues to remain inflamed ultimately leading to fibrosis

I dunno. Maybe I'm just being an idiot here - but the thyroid connection and the cascade of issues when it's low is really starting to make sense to me now. I think stuff like Fin is actually handling the fungi/inflammatory aspect of hair loss while naively assuming DHT was the culprit. However it can't stave off the systemic issues of low thyroid eventually causing PFS because of DHT inhibition (particularly in men who are already low DHT to begin with). I know for myself, labs have shown low serum DHT, so there is no shot in hell I will ever step foot near a drug like Fin or Dut.

@mrchibbs thoughts?

You're connecting a lot of dots! Nice to see.

Hair loss is definitely complicated. That much is true. But the big issue with it is many men tend to see it in isolation and will dismiss clear evidence, and will blame the 'genetics' boogeyman rather than look at the metabolic problems and ensuing thyroid down regulation.

I feel like Danny Roddy has been an outstanding researcher on the topic of hair loss, and he's not been getting the credit he's due. His articles on his website are phenomenal, and will help many people understand hair loss better, but I admit they are not easy to grasp at first glance. But I think it speaks to the high quality and inherent value of his research that it holds up as well if not better as the years go by.

My personal view of hair loss is that nearly all cases are the same, with varying rates and circumstances. I think the ''male pattern baldness'' shape is a universal pattern, observed in all sexes at all ages, reflecting the relative vascular deficiency at the top of the scalp, and the usual immobility of the occipito-frontalis muscle. Relatively speaking, everyone has lower density on the top of their head than the sides, even the children. And even 90 y.old men with senescent thinning, will have thinner vertex hair, even if they've seemingly kept a ''full head of hair''.

I know that sounds like a hot take, but I genuinely believe it. Scalp hair on humans clearly has a different function than other hair in mammals, as evidenced by the extremely long hair cycles (lasting years), and much greater energy requirements than other hair (eyebrows, beard, body hair have a very short cycle). It's been expanded elsewhere how scalp hair requires perfect glucose metabolism, and I think the way the stress physiology affects peripheral circulation and makes it very difficult to meet those requirements (adrenaline reduces circulation to the extremities, thyroid increases it).

Individual differences play a major role. The health of your parents, the physiological characteristics you inherit from generations before you, the conditions of your early-life, and the way you perceive stress in your own lifetime all influence what happen to your hair. I suspect most of the men who experience premature baldness had physiological shortcomings from inadequate development. In order words, less energy resources to meet stress. This may not be as obvious in childhood or the teenage years, but signs like apathy, poor sexual interest, behavioral problems (agitation etc.) may indicate a deficiency of thyroid function (and energy production). Broda Barnes highlighted several of these cases among teenage boys, where thyroid supplementation corrected their energy deficiency.

This will sound like esoteric nonsense to people who haven't been exposed to this perspective, but it is backed up by decades of knowledge. Hair density and coverage on the scalp increases steadily until puberty, and some boys will have an astoundingly thick and well developed head of hair (as indicated by low hairline, and dark pigmentation). Other boys have thin, lightly-pigmented hair with high hairlines, even at 15. You can often tell that they will go bald very early. Progesterone, and other protective steroids are often present in high amounts until the age of 20, in both sexes, thus generally preventing the worse cases of hair loss until the 20s, although decline is starting earlier and earlier in each generation

Now that doesn't mean that every bald men is unhealthy or that every man with hair is unhealthy. But can we say on average, that men with hair are healthier than men without hair? Absolutely.

The cause of hair loss is simple, all it requires is a massive failure to produce energy, at any time. For young men, this state is often achieved after several years of malnutrition, psychological stress, total lack of sunshine exposure, and many other stressors. At some point, the hair just starts to shed. When the stress is very sudden, you can have so called diffuse thinning. For most guys it's progressive, but if the stress is too great, you'll shed diffusely all over. Now normally this would be temporary,
but the modern environment is so bad, be it from the toxic culture, constant EMF, moldy buildings, blue light exposure, sunshine deficiency, PUFAs, malnutrition, on top of grossly inadequate development (formula, no breastfeeding etc.). It's only getting worse with each new generation.

Basically the stress is constant and there is never any relief. Therefore there isn't any opportunity for hair to grow back. In terms of what's happening on the scalp, estrogen rises and stops the hair growth, and also causes a rise in prolactin (which is the cause of the shedding as the 'melting' hormone), then cortisol rises to control the inflammation of the hair follicle (caused by energy deficiency, estrogen, PUFAs, and ultimately the prostaglandins). As is well known, cortisol, prevents any future regrowth, and the scalp inflammation leads to edema, then fibrosis, and ultimately calcification, closely influenced by the parathyroid hormone. On top of it there's serotonin, which is driven up by estrogen and constricts blood flow to extremities while increasing muscle tension (including the surrounding scalp muscles...)

There are several more layers of complexity involving endotoxin, histamines etc.

But basically it's a gigantic mess. And if you had bad hair to start with, and you can't activate your occipito-frontalis muscle (move your scalp back and forth as you raise your eyebrows), then over time, you get a block of dead, fibrotic tissue instead of a pink, supple scalp like you had as a child. And this process is not just happening on your scalp. I laugh everytime I hear a man say: I am going bald but otherwise I am perfectly healthy!

The reason why hair loss is correlated with so many markers for chronic disease and cardiovascular disease is because it's exactly the same process which is happening in your organs and tissues that's taking place on your scalp. And considering how difficult it is to reverse hair loss, it should scare every man to death about what is happening in their bodies.

That being said, many men stop the massive cascade of stress at some point in their lives. They mature, become more content, get a nice wife/GF/partner and settle into life. Their health often improves. In general, more mature organisms are less susceptible to stress, that's a general biological characteristic. But most of the time it's not nearly enough positive changes to reverse the pathological changes which have occurred on their scalp. Which is why Danny has never met a man over the past 7 years or so of consulting who had hair problems and didn't have a subpar temperature.

Women have the benefit of their menstrual cycle, with strong concomitant surges in estradiol (e2) and progesterone (p4), as well as the high progesterone state of pregnancy, which gives them great restorative benefits. This becomes clear when you notice what happens when the menstrual cycle is interfered with or doesn't occur (PCOS), those women often develop ''Androgenetic Alopecia'', along with the ugly hirsutism and body hair often present in balding men. This is an evolutionary thing. Women of reproductive age are the most resilient group because they are infinitely valuable. It's seen in nature: one fertile and healthy ''dominant'' male can reproduce with many, many females.

So there is a primal thing going on as well. There is a great deficit of meaning for many men in today's culture, and if they don't meet society or their own expectation of themselves, this can lead to chronic social defeat, an experimental condition since in lab animals, which is such a powerful stressor that it basically causes the organism to shift towards involution and death rather than growth and development.

So as Ray said many times before, hair loss is extremely serious (and complicated), but at the core it really comes down to energy.

Last edited:

Vegancrossfit

Are you using it as mono or alongside testosterone?

mono, for muscle and hair gains. Hair loss is extremely complicated, as multilayered as endocrinology. I said screw it, let’s shut it all down. Weakest androgen, top muscle builder, improves glucose transport, blocks cortisol, cheap, convenient (one pin a week), the whole deal.

Whenever hairs can be cloned I may hop off

Vegancrossfit

Better than fin/dut for all things down there for sure. Been waking up at 3-4am raging hard. Can chug on milk and not break out ever (same as dut). Sugar burning furnace. Potent dopaminergic, borderline low E2 & prolactin. Makes me extremely assertive and back to the DGAF mindset I had throughout my 20s. Not everyone is used to the high dopamine effect of drugs. I’ve read guys online saying they hate 19nors. For me it feels like back to normal.

As I don’t have access to gyms right now I’ve settled for 200 mg/wk. Superficial muscle gains - far better than fin/dut of course. Might be a bit too much, but DHN is 10 times weaker than DHN and I go by what John Thomas says.

5a-DHP

Very nice - how long have you been on it now? No concerns about chronically deficient estradiol or potential glucocorticoid suppression?

I'd try it myself just for the sake of experimentation, but the concern of persistent hpta suppression from 19-nor metabolites isn't something I feel comfortable with personally.

Really interested in how it pans out hair wise too.

Vegancrossfit

I’ve run four 2-month runs Taeian Clark style but I’ve just started last month going for HRT doses. Run a bit of HCG and bloodworks would come back to normal within a month, then off HCG I’d get total Test over 600, free T and E2 mid teens.

Studies in healthy men taking 100 mg/wk show E2 to be a touch low but still 40 pmol/L. I think it’s enough as I had it around 8 pg/mL naturally (prior to all of the experimenting) and that didn’t prevent me from having high HDL and whatnot, no ED, etc. I agree with what I’ve read here, lower quartile is good.

https://moscow.sci-hub.tw/2355/e62d19da0df5163c8d55f14622a79720/friedl1991.pdf

E
xcel male has a lot of human studies on nandrolone; and is also insanely anti-Deca, it’s a weird place. I go there for the studies only, I’d leave the TRT zealots alone. As of glucorticoid suppression my cortisol is always sky high so that’s actually a desirable effect.

Lastly: I buzzed my hair this weekend so let’s see how thick the regrowth is. I’ve got a 6+ month supply. Other tools are an LLLT cap and mk677.

Luis aguilar

Does anyone know if Potassium Chloride is just as effective as potassium bicarbonate for the hair regrowth? Cuz thats what I got in abundance lol

And how many milligrams per meal?

How do you recommend one goes about doing that? How does the fascia relate to MPB/hair loss? How much hair did you regrow?

I don't know how rei did it, and I don't know anything about fascia, but it may be related to something called "hair pulling": http://www.theawarebody.net/pdfs/MW_Hair-Releasing.pdf "To help release tension that may be residing in the fascia (connective tissue) of your scalp try the following:"

Hevel

I don't know how rei did it, and I don't know anything about fascia, but it may be related to something called "hair pulling": http://www.theawarebody.net/pdfs/MW_Hair-Releasing.pdf "To help release tension that may be residing in the fascia (connective tissue) of your scalp try the following:"
That's how Christopher Walken kept all his hair according to this interview: Christopher Walken Pulls At His Hair To Keep Baldness At Bay.

Does anyone know if Potassium Chloride is just as effective as potassium bicarbonate for the hair regrowth? Cuz thats what I got in abundance lol

And how many milligrams per meal?
I have Potassium Bicarbonate at home I will try using 200mg a day and report back if I see any improvement.

fathom

New member. The last 2 years as I hit 50, my hairloss has sped up. Had started topical magnesium oil a month ago before I came across this place. Noticeably has made my scalp looser, more pliable. Saw this post a week ago and decided to pick some potassium bicarbonate up. Today was the first day. Soluble in water, insoluble in alcohol so I just mixed with water in a spray bottle for topical application. Also injested a small dash of it and that stuff is horrible. Like sea salt processed through an octopus's rectum. Anyway, I'll give it a go for a few months and see what becomes of it.

I also have a question and this may not be the right thread but I'll throw it out there. Into my thirties, I had long hair down the middle of my back. Through my forties my hair shortened up and now only grows as long as my collar. One of 3 things is happening. It is more brittle and breaking off, my hair growth rate has slowed, or my anagen phase has shortened considerably. I have to believe this is part of my hairloss puzzle. Any thoughts on what is causing this?

baccheion

New member. The last 2 years as I hit 50, my hairloss has sped up. Had started topical magnesium oil a month ago before I came across this place. Noticeably has made my scalp looser, more pliable. Saw this post a week ago and decided to pick some potassium bicarbonate up. Today was the first day. Soluble in water, insoluble in alcohol so I just mixed with water in a spray bottle for topical application. Also injested a small dash of it and that stuff is horrible. Like sea salt processed through an octopus's rectum. Anyway, I'll give it a go for a few months and see what becomes of it.

I also have a question and this may not be the right thread but I'll throw it out there. Into my thirties, I had long hair down the middle of my back. Through my forties my hair shortened up and now only grows as long as my collar. One of 3 things is happening. It is more brittle and breaking off, my hair growth rate has slowed, or my anagen phase has shortened considerably. I have to believe this is part of my hairloss puzzle. Any thoughts on what is causing this?
Any labs run? Ever tried capsaicin (+ melatonin)? What about IGF-1, estrogen, etc levels? CRON-o-meter? How much calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium do you get each day?

fathom

No, never had any lab run and will have to google 75% of what you just asked me to find out what it is, lol

GorillaHead

Wierd question. Those who are balding do you guys dream much? Or is sleep more off and on for you?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals