"The Actual Cure For Male Pattern Baldness"

Zigzag

zix topical is suppose to stop hairloss. I would apply this serum ( made by ordinary) to my scalp but i am concerned naicinamide would in some cases be bad for new hair growth. I beleive it inhibits angiogensiss

Ive jsut bought that serum for my face. I'll start using it in temples as well.

lvysaur

I had read a n=1 Anecdote-study of a 1950ies Physician who claimed that reduction of Salt intake stopped Hairloss in his Patient;restart of the old amount of Salt also restarted hairloss.
Interested in this. After taking antibiotics (amoxicillin), I experienced lots of positive effects including high hunger and increased focus and calmness.

One thing I noticed is I became very sensitive to salt, both tastewise and physically. If I ate the "usual" (high) amount of salt, I could feel my blood throbbing through my head.

No real changes in hair, but I didn't have problems there.

Interested in this. After taking antibiotics (amoxicillin), I experienced lots of positive effects including high hunger and increased focus and calmness.

One thing I noticed is I became very sensitive to salt, both tastewise and physically. If I ate the "usual" (high) amount of salt, I could feel my blood throbbing through my head.

No real changes in hair, but I didn't have problems there.

I cannot find it anymore, i have too many pdf's. I posted it here, but because of the formatting of a scanned and machine - identified textsystem, it was severely messed up and way too hard to read. I believe i found it on scholar, with search terms like "sodium" or "salt" and "hairloss" or "baldness". The physician advised the patient to count his hairs after combing,through that there was some kind of objectification.

GorillaHead

“hair regrowth from insulin reduction (with photos)

hey guys,

as I've described on here multiple times I've been taking an insulin-centric approach to tackling my PCOS for the past few months. one of the symptoms that came on *strong* after I quit birth control in january was hair loss. this was no doubt exacerbated by stress, as I moved to a new state and started a new job in that same time frame, but I attribute most of it to PCOS. most of the thinning, as you can see in the pic I've linked to, was frontal. my whole hairline receded by about an inch in the span of a few months. scary!

the first pic in the album is from when my hair loss was at it's worst. I almost deleted the picture I was so upset about it, but decided to keep it so that someday it would be a "before" photo. that was the day, back in late april, that I resolved to tackle this condition.

the second pic was taken yesterday: about 3 months into zero sugar lazy low carb, 20:4 IF routine, 1500mg metformin, 4000mg inositol, and a few other helpful supplements (PM me and I'd be happy to give you the run down on those.) as you can see it's not all filled in yet, but it's growing like a weed where it was previously bald and shiny (aah!)

anyway, I know hair loss is one of the most distressing symptoms so I just wanted to give you guys some hope. seeing your scalp where you shouldn't can make it so tempting to reach for hormones or testosterone blockers and hey-- you're all going to do what you're going to do and there's no right way to treat this disorder-- but I hope this demonstrates that a metabolic approach can work even for the most demoralizing symptoms. having been on birth control for a decade I feel this is the most sustainable approach in the long run, at least for me.

I also want to emphasize, as I know I have many times here, that I am thin and every doctor told me I had no insulin problems based on my bloodwork. every. single. doctor. in fact my gynecologist balked when I first asked to try metformin. in my gut "you have non-insulin resistant PCOS" just didn't feel like an acceptable answer. I had suffered with hypoglycemic issues for years. I'm glad I kept pushing for an actual insulin test because my endo eventually uncovered *severe* insulin resistance.

here's the damage and the in-progress repair:

Imgur

This straight from reddit. AGA is an insulin problem and your tests won’t even show it.

In her case she has estrogen on her side. Estrogen can grow hair back on the scalp.

as for us men regrowing may be a very difficult task but thickening and stopping hairloss may come down to one thin insulin problems and that is all

Last edited:

ursidae

I don’t know the specifics of her diet but low carb 20:4 IF as an already thin person sounds like it would be hard to cram in enough calories. Don’t want to scrutinise too much but a lot of advice out there is based on starvation, something to watch out for

Last edited:

GorillaHead

I don’t know the specifics of her diet but low carb 20:4 IF as an already thin person sounds like it would be hard to cram in enough calories. Don’t want to scrutinise too much but a lot of advice out there is based on starvation, something to watch out for

Highly doubt her hair would come back thicker if she was starving. But fair point.

Mister

In my opinion zinc should be the number 1 staple when it comes to balding. I supplement a low amount of copper to avoid toxicity and deficiency of either

I started 50 mg zinc gluconate last week and the effects were not immediate. But dandruff is gone 99 percent. My Blood pressure used to average 120 thru 125 over 78 to 84. Now I am getting. 116 thru 120 over 74 thru 76.

will report bad on more results.
Also on zix here. How many guys here are on zix and how are their results?

Summer

“hair regrowth from insulin reduction (with photos)

hey guys,

as I've described on here multiple times I've been taking an insulin-centric approach to tackling my PCOS for the past few months. one of the symptoms that came on *strong* after I quit birth control in january was hair loss. this was no doubt exacerbated by stress, as I moved to a new state and started a new job in that same time frame, but I attribute most of it to PCOS. most of the thinning, as you can see in the pic I've linked to, was frontal. my whole hairline receded by about an inch in the span of a few months. scary!

the first pic in the album is from when my hair loss was at it's worst. I almost deleted the picture I was so upset about it, but decided to keep it so that someday it would be a "before" photo. that was the day, back in late april, that I resolved to tackle this condition.

the second pic was taken yesterday: about 3 months into zero sugar lazy low carb, 20:4 IF routine, 1500mg metformin, 4000mg inositol, and a few other helpful supplements (PM me and I'd be happy to give you the run down on those.) as you can see it's not all filled in yet, but it's growing like a weed where it was previously bald and shiny (aah!)

anyway, I know hair loss is one of the most distressing symptoms so I just wanted to give you guys some hope. seeing your scalp where you shouldn't can make it so tempting to reach for hormones or testosterone blockers and hey-- you're all going to do what you're going to do and there's no right way to treat this disorder-- but I hope this demonstrates that a metabolic approach can work even for the most demoralizing symptoms. having been on birth control for a decade I feel this is the most sustainable approach in the long run, at least for me.

I also want to emphasize, as I know I have many times here, that I am thin and every doctor told me I had no insulin problems based on my bloodwork. every. single. doctor. in fact my gynecologist balked when I first asked to try metformin. in my gut "you have non-insulin resistant PCOS" just didn't feel like an acceptable answer. I had suffered with hypoglycemic issues for years. I'm glad I kept pushing for an actual insulin test because my endo eventually uncovered *severe* insulin resistance.

here's the damage and the in-progress repair:

Imgur

This straight from reddit. AGA is an insulin problem and your tests won’t even show it.

In her case she has estrogen on her side. Estrogen can grow hair back on the scalp.

as for us men regrowing may be a very difficult task but thickening and stopping hairloss may come down to one thin insulin problems and that is all

I think major question here is whether or not a keto diet has been shown to halt hair loss. I mostly found examples of it being initially detrimental to hair. A lot of balding low-carb bodybuilders, too.

Vegancrossfit

I think major question here is whether or not a keto diet has been shown to halt hair loss. I mostly found examples of it being initially detrimental to hair. A lot of balding low-carb bodybuilders, too.

that’s most likely because they combine low carb with high intensity workouts, which successful keto people (in terms of hair) often don’t do. Plus bodybuilders nowadays blast harsh androgens. Golden era bodybuilding coaches were huge on keto when cutting. Low carb is most appropriate for the insulin resistant AND sedentary.

I’m not surprised that the insulin centric approach works for her. Obviously males would have a hard time going for 20:4 IF due to the sheer caloric requirements and females have it easier when it comes to regrowth thanks to a better hormonal profile to begin with.

it’s such a shame that no one recommends routine testing for insulin. How can we calculate HOMA-IR when we only have glucose? God, medicine is so stupid.

Last edited:

GorillaHead

Well ket doesnt cure hyperinsulinemia caused by elevated ffa serum if anything it makes things worse.

tallglass13

I don't think keto is the answer. And I don't think that's how she got her hair back.
The article doesn't state that she ate high-fat, which is Keto. She may have been doing more of a carnivore diet, and the bodybuilders in the Golden Era never did keto either. They did more carnivore, which is low fat but high protein and low carbohydrates. This might be the same lady that has a YouTube channel on Carnivore diet where she did get her hair back using the carnivore diet, but was losing it on keto. Once she started carnivore her hair started coming back and there are more people on YouTube about their hair coming back on the carnivore diet, after losing a lot on keto.

tallglass13

Well ket doesnt cure hyperinsulinemia caused by elevated ffa serum if anything it makes things worse.
I think that's true, and let's remember protein causes a huge insulin response that people forget about. Fructose not only increases carbon dioxide what does not cause an insulin increase.

Summer

So what are we all suggesting here? You obviously can’t do both low fat and low carb unless you want to go into starvation mode. If you aren’t getting a lot of fat on carnivore, where are the calories coming from? How to reduce ffa serum in this manner?

PaRa

Success stories of low carb are often with women, the gender attribute may have something to do with it
If I remember correctly, women tend to metabolize more fat vs carbs for the same amount of energy expenditure than men, for the same exercise, etc...they likely are better to use fat,
So High carb is probably better for men, as they tends to workout more, so better with carbs etc

Mainstream but illustrates the idea
Reasons Women Should Eat More Fat | Bodybuilding.com
How Carbohydrate Needs Differ for Men and Women | Form

(Vegancrossfit as you are low estrogen maybe it’s why you didn’t react well to high fat carnivore, itchy scalp etc, and you had better hair result with rice and fruit based diet, higher carbs lowering your cortisol too)

Last edited: