"The Actual Cure For Male Pattern Baldness"

ursidae

I had read a n=1 Anecdote-study of a 1950ies Physician who claimed that reduction of Salt intake stopped Hairloss in his Patient;restart of the old amount of Salt also restarted hairloss.
I understand you’re anti salt but what do you recommend people with low stomach acid production do? Wouldn’t salt avoidance make things worse?

@ursidae You could try digestive bitters, I use Gentian root liquid, take 20-30 minutes before eating :):

I understand you’re anti salt but what do you recommend people with low stomach acid production do? Wouldn’t salt avoidance make things worse?

I would advise to go as low as feasible, and to look into the causes of the issue. I still do not have stomach issues after six months of low Salt Dieting, and the yanomamo Peoples of South America probably not, too. But I do not know enough about hypochlorhydria to be certain; there seems to be a lot of causes.

ursidae

I would advise to go as low as feasible, and to look into the causes of the issue. I still do not have stomach issues after six months of low Salt Dieting, and the yanomamo Peoples of South America probably not, too. But I do not know enough about hypochlorhydria to be certain; there seems to be a lot of causes.
What’s your diet like?

What’s your diet like?

Low Fat Pork, Beef or Chicken, sometimes Fish, Gelatine, Butter, high oleic Sunflower Oil for increased MUFA (Olive Oil seems to be tainted and diluted with other edible or non-edible Oils regularly, but cant be sure enough), Flaxseed Oil for underresearched (lol) Benefits of ALA, Fish Oil (lol), Cucumber, Tomato and similar low carb Vegs ( doing keto since 2 months), various non-pharm Supplements and low dose Aspirin. 1-2g of refined Seasalt in addition to the amount present in the Foodstuff.

ursidae

Low Fat Pork, Beef or Chicken, sometimes Fish, Gelatine, Butter, high oleic Sunflower Oil for increased MUFA (Olive Oil seems to be tainted and diluted with other edible or non-edible Oils regularly, but cant be sure enough), Flaxseed Oil for underresearched (lol) Benefits of ALA, Fish Oil (lol), Cucumber, Tomato and similar low carb Vegs ( doing keto since 2 months), various non-pharm Supplements and low dose Aspirin. 1-2g of refined Seasalt in addition to the amount present in the Foodstuff.
Doing keto+vegetable oils must feel weird while browsing this place. Not that Peating/high carb has done me much good. 2 months is not that long but how has this regimen been working out for you?

Doing keto+vegetable oils must feel weird while browsing this place. Not that Peating/high carb has done me much good. 2 months is not that long but how has this regimen been working out for you?

No, im feeling fine around here. This Forum is open-minded enough, we even have vegans! The Diet is good for me, and better than a more high-C approach; I guess there are differences in metabolic Efficiency between Fats and Sugars in Individuals. Also, I did not come across Citations that spoke out against Ketones as a Fuelsource, he seems to prefer Sugars, but Im not sure about it, only that keto could mean more output of stress? If Members could exploit Brain activity to replicate worthwhile keto-comments, would be appreciated.

baccheion

No, im feeling fine around here. This Forum is open-minded enough, we even have vegans! The Diet is good for me, and better than a more high-C approach; I guess there are differences in metabolic Efficiency between Fats and Sugars in Individuals. Also, I did not come across Citations that spoke out against Ketones as a Fuelsource, he seems to prefer Sugars, but Im not sure about it, only that keto could mean more output of stress? If Members could exploit Brain activity to replicate worthwhile keto-comments, would be appreciated.
Why not look into genetic testing? Run the results through a few interpreter sites..

Why not look into genetic testing? Run the results through a few interpreter sites..

What type of tests would you recommend? I thought it was normal, or rather the Wildtype Phenotype to have better Fatmetabolism? A lot of Animals seem to ferment and being in ketosis?

baccheion

What type of tests would you recommend? I thought it was normal, or rather the Wildtype Phenotype to have better Fatmetabolism? A lot of Animals seem to ferment and being in ketosis?
23andme, then run through some combination of.. MyGeneFood, GenoPalate, LifeDNA, AOR's Blueprint, Inside Tracker, etc..

Regardless of trends, it'll be personalized to you by the end..

23andme, then run through some combination of.. MyGeneFood, GenoPalate, LifeDNA, AOR's Blueprint, Inside Tracker, etc..

Regardless of trends, it'll be personalized to you by the end..

You seem knowledgeable about this. Do you or acquaintances had testing done with meaningful results? What do you expect for signals in regard to Fat Vs. CHO metabolism? Use-Cases?

baccheion

You seem knowledgeable about this. Do you or acquaintances had testing done with meaningful results? What do you expect for signals in regard to Fat Vs. CHO metabolism? Use-Cases?
Yea, I got a bunch of them. Unsure if meaningful all around, but it adds to the pile.

Most are said to do better with carbs, but they'll at least catch/factor the major/known genes. Even the health report from 23andme (another $99) include some things.

JDreamer

Reading thru this thread again got me thinking and I'm going to loosely attempt to connect the dots presented elsewhere on this forum - so bare with me.

- A healthy thyroid raises natural progesterone production and I believe Peat said T3 is important in wound healing / regenerative processes
- If progesterone levels aren't optimal this leads to more testosterone aromatizing into estrogen
- Females have menstral cycles to assist/protect them with the ebb and flow of progesterone, but it becomes a problem with PCOS
- Men's ability to produce progesterone deteriorates as they age and by age 40 they likely are estrogen dominant
- Low Thyroid causes low body temperatures and also inhibits your liver's ability to process excess estrogen
- Low body temperatures drastically reduce the body's ability to minimize fungal threats
- Fungal infections thrive in highly estrogenic environments
- Fungal infections are commonly found in the skin and scalp causing inflammation (ex. the MPB itch)
- Elevated prostaglandin levels have been observed in chronic C.Albicans infections
- Prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) is involved in the regulation of body temperature during sleep
- In low thyroid states, the adrenals are working overtime often chronically over-producing cortisol
- Cortisol affects our gut microbes and permeability leading to further colonization by opportunistic pathogens/fungi
- DHT shows up in the inflamed scalp in an attempt to reduce the inflammation
- DHT is also a known antagonistic to estrogen, cortisol, serotonin
- Finasteride has been shown as highly active in prevention of fungi (ex. C.Albicans) and major synergistic effects when taken with Fluconazole (Fin is often paired w/Nizoral shampoo)
- Finasteride is a 5 alpa-reductase inhibitor i.e. DHT blocker
- In the beginning, many see their hairloss subside on Finasteride - even if they don't grow anything back, but eventually it loses it's effectiveness (Duhh it's inhibiting DHT)
- Sebaceous glands are enlarged in balding scalps as the hair follicle shrinks during hair loss (i.e. physical obstruction)
- Sebaceous glands create oils/fats (sebum) which fungi like to feed on (ex. Malassazia) and can be colonized by acne bacteria (i.e. foliculitis /more inflammation)
- Progesterone reduces sebum activity
- While all of this is happening the scalp continues to remain inflamed ultimately leading to fibrosis

I dunno. Maybe I'm just being an idiot here - but the thyroid connection and the cascade of issues when it's low is really starting to make sense to me now. I think stuff like Fin is actually handling the fungi/inflammatory aspect of hair loss while naively assuming DHT was the culprit. However it can't stave off the systemic issues of low thyroid eventually causing PFS because of DHT inhibition (particularly in men who are already low DHT to begin with). I know for myself, labs have shown low serum DHT, so there is no shot in hell I will ever step foot near a drug like Fin or Dut.

@mrchibbs thoughts?

Last edited:

Kenny

Reading thru this thread again got me thinking and I'm going to loosely attempt to connect the dots presented elsewhere on this forum - so bare with me.

- A healthy thyroid raises natural progesterone production
- If progesterone levels aren't optimal this leads to more testosterone aromatizing into estrogen
- Low Thyroid causes low body temperatures and also inhibits your liver's ability to process estrogen
- Low body temperatures drastically reduce the body's ability to minimize fungal threats
- Fungal infections thrive in highly estrogenic environments
- Fungal infections are commonly found in the skin and scalp causing inflammation (ex. the MPB itch)
- In low thyroid states, the adrenals are working overtime often chronically over-producing cortisol
- Cortisol affects our gut microbes and permeability leading to further colonization by opportunistic pathogens/fungi
- DHT shows up in the inflamed scalp in an attempt to reduce the inflammation
- Finasteride is a 5 alpa-reductase inhibitor i.e. DHT blocker
- Finasteride has shown highly active prevention of fungi (ex. C.Albicans) and major synergistic effects when taken with Fluconazole (Fin is often paired w/Nizoral shampoo)
- In the beginning, many see their hairloss subside on Finasteride - even if they don't grow anything back, but eventually it loses it's effectiveness (Duhh it's inhibiting DHT)
- Sebaceous glands are enlarged in balding scalps as the hair follicle shrinks during hair loss (i.e. physical obstruction)
- Sebaceous glands create oils/fats (sebum) which fungi like to feed on (ex. Malassazia) and can be colonized by acne bacteria (i.e. foliculitis /more inflammation)
- Progesterone reduces sebum activity
- Females have menstral cycles to assist with the ebb and flow of progesterone, but it becomes a problem with PCOS
- Men's ability to produce progesterone deteriorates as they age
- While all of this is happening the scalp continues to remain inflamed ultimately leading to fibrosis

I dunno. Maybe I'm just being an idiot here - but the thyroid connection and the cascade of issues when it's low is really starting to make sense to me now. I think stuff like Fin is actually handling the fungi/inflammatory aspect of hair loss while naively assuming DHT was the culprit. However it can't stave off the systemic issues of low thyroid eventually causing PFS because of DHT inhibition (particularly in men who are already low DHT to begin with). I know for myself, labs have shown low serum DHT, so there is no shot in hell I will ever step foot near a drug like Fin or Dut.

@mrchibbs thoughts?

That seems to make a good deal of sense. The only thing that I'm a little confused about is what would cause the thyroid to act improperly. Is the thyroid's malfunction something that can be measured in bloodwork?
Some more evidence for what you are suggesting regarding the fungus - people seeing slight hair regrowth on products like cetirizine.

JDreamer

That seems to make a good deal of sense. The only thing that I'm a little confused about is what would cause the thyroid to act improperly. Is the thyroid's malfunction something that can be measured in bloodwork?
Some more evidence for what you are suggesting regarding the fungus - people seeing slight hair regrowth on products like cetirizine.

Autoimmune disease. Cancer. Chronic mental stress. Chronic physical stress / virus/ infections. Environmental causes (ex. too much fluoride in the water supply). Stress is clearly the most common one though which inevitably cascades into some of the aforementioned.

These are just some off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Kenny

Autoimmune disease. Cancer. Chronic mental stress. Chronic physical stress / virus/ infections. Environmental causes. Stress is clearly the most common one though which inevitably cascades into some of the aforementioned.

Autoimmune disease. Cancer. Chronic mental stress. Chronic physical stress / virus/ infections. Environmental causes (ex. too much fluoride in the water supply). Stress is clearly the most common one though which inevitably cascades into some of the aforementioned.

I hope you are onto something my friend.
How do you think this plays in:
Probably The First Event In Common Alopecia (androgenetic Alopecia)

rei

This will kill the fungus that contains DHT in your scalp

You need to understand that sodium is clogging your follicle.

?? seems like broscience to me, here is my version based on personal experience: just fix your fascial imbalance and the hair will grow back. Not just stop shedding.

JDreamer

I hope you are onto something my friend.
How do you think this plays in:
Probably The First Event In Common Alopecia (androgenetic Alopecia)

Well that link basically agrees with what I was saying in regards to the sebaceous glands physically obstructing the tissue around the hair follicle. That obviously contributes to the hair miniaturizing. But it doesn't account for fibrosis and it doesn't mention the issues that trigger over-active sebaceous glands to begin with.

I know one thing is for sure - way back before my hair loss even started I had an acne problem in my young teens. It eventually cleared up, but for some reason my skin remained oily, especially my scalp and it constantly weighed my hair down. Eventually the recession started in my early 20's, then by 33 I was having significant hair loss and diffused thinning.

Last edited:

JDreamer

At this stage I'm ready to make the jump with a thyroid glandular extract, progesterone, and a small amount of DHEA. Originally I wanted to add in an anti-fungal cream but not sure if I'll even need it (maybe in the beginning).

The question is - how do I want to administer this stuff, particularly the progesterone. I read that the most effective way to get it into your tissues is by combining it with a long chain fatty acid that way it bypasses the liver.

Kenny

At this stage I'm ready to make the jump with a thyroid glandular extract, progesterone, and a small amount of DHEA. Originally I wanted to add in an anti-fungal cream but not sure if I'll even need it (maybe in the beginning).

The question is - how do I want to administer this stuff, particularly the progesterone. I read that the most effective way to get it into your tissues is by combining it with a long chain fatty acid that way it bypasses the liver.

I hope you have really figured it out man. I wish you the best of luck.
Please keep us posted!!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals