Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

xetawaves

It is not advised to take progesterone or pregnenolone orally when you have hairloss.
You cannot control the conversion of it into testosterone or estrogens, and could be making shedding worse.
For excess dht or estradiol can increase the CB1 receptors or activity in the scalp, inhibiting hairgrowth.
Progesterone is a negative allosteric CB1 receptor modulator, and inhibits its activity.
So us it topically.
If you want to take it orally you have to combine it with an anti-estradiol like licorice root and a natural 5alpha inhibitor liek green tea to prevent testosterone convert into excess estradiol.

I take it topically. So progesterone is used differently by the body when used orally as opposed to topically?

Arrade

Btw Giuseppe said that he has a contract in terms of the patent with Fidia, if they don’t release the Brotzu lotion by end of June the Brotzus can get huge financial compensation and cause them other reprecussions
They have a deadline

Progesterone

yea, I'm certainly shedding more. I don't know what to do anymore. It seems like 10 drops 3x a day helped me maintain so I'm thinking I shouldn't change anything. I might just stop progesterone completely and see what happens.

I feel like I am losing ground on the left side of my hairline... off prog. I've been noticing this for a little bit (while I have been OFF PROG).

That's why I feel like going back on, 100mg oral prog taken once a night in veggie capsule.

Here's the story.. I haven't been on 100mg oral prog regularly and nightly consistently since mid January 2018!

Reason for this, was because I started playing sports, and I noticed while I was on Prog, something was just off... perhaps it reduced my T, and androgens; and perhaps that's why it was helping my hair?!

My hair before stopping Prog in January 2018 was better than it is currently.

My sports are done now, so I could get back on..

Arrade

I take it topically. So progesterone is used differently by the body when used orally as opposed to topically?
I’d expect anything topical will be absorbed into the body. I got sides from topical finasteride and topical zix

Progesterone

Btw Giuseppe said that he has a contract in terms of the patent with Fidia, if they don’t release the Brotzu lotion by end of June the Brotzus can get huge financial compensation and cause them other reprecussions
They have a deadline

Great news, thanks @Arrade

Arrade

I feel like I am losing ground on the left side of my hairline... off prog. I've been noticing this for a little bit (while I have been OFF PROG).

That's why I feel like going back on, 100mg oral prog taken once a night in veggie capsule.

Here's the story.. I haven't been on 100mg oral prog regularly and nightly consistently since mid January 2018!

Reason for this, was because I started playing sports, and I noticed while I was on Prog, something was just off... perhaps it reduced my T, and androgens; and perhaps that's why it was helping my hair?!

My hair before stopping Prog in January 2018 was better than it is currently.

My sports are done now, so I could get back on..
This was what I was concerned about. Thanks @JonnyCraig for the information

xetawaves

For me it seems like progesterone boosts androgens for a while at first but lower over time. I'd say this is why it takes months and even up to a year for people on fin or prog to see results in regards to hair.

Progesterone

For me it seems like progesterone boosts androgens for a while at first but lower over time. I'd say this is why it takes months and even up to a year for people on fin or prog to see results in regards to hair.

Yeah, I notice the same.... feel great on prog at first, then.... just meh, although... at least a non-stressed meh, lol.

I think the addition of MB is going to be a big hit.

I have like 5 bottles of Prog to use, so...

Back on 100mg tonight, oral in veggie cap.

xetawaves

I don't understand though because 100mg orally is technically only 10mg. 10mg made me so androgenic and I shed like crazy. I might give it another shot though. I plan on buzzing my head soon anyways lol

Progesterone

It is not advised to take progesterone or pregnenolone orally when you have hairloss.
You cannot control the conversion of it into testosterone or estrogens, and could be making shedding worse.
For excess dht or estradiol can increase the CB1 receptors or activity in the scalp, inhibiting hairgrowth.
Progesterone is a negative allosteric CB1 receptor modulator, and inhibits its activity.
So us it topically.
If you want to take it orally you have to combine it with an anti-estradiol like licorice root and a natural 5alpha inhibitor liek green tea to prevent testosterone convert into excess estradiol.

Thanks for the info, but..

How did this guy stop his hairloss with oral prog then? Dr. Hasson FUT - 3,898 grafts on 16/05/16 - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

"I tapered it down from one every night to one every other night, probably around 6 months post-op. I continue to take it every other day. I would say noticing at 6 months in sounds about right. I reckon after one year it had maxed out.Please note that effects seem to wane if you stop. I had a friend who started taking it as well and his hair improved. He stopped against my advice for around 6-8 months and his hair got noticeably worse. He has since resumed taking his pills!"

Progesterone

I don't understand though because 100mg orally is technically only 10mg. 10mg made me so androgenic and I shed like crazy. I might give it another shot though. I plan on buzzing my head soon anyways lol

Well, the thing also is... if we take it orally, in veggie caps, it will likely burst and not even sure it makes it to the liver... who knows. Wherever it will dissolve in the body, it will release, and with the vit e.. absorb there into the bloodstream.

So, we probably are getting the full 100mg orally.

I do notice different effects though, using topically vs orally in veggie capsule.

Progesterone

"Unfortunately I got the details wrong on my original post. I take 100mg progesterone, not 30, my mistake. I use Utrogestan 100mg and it is oral, not topical. I take it in the evening as the hormone has a very mild sedative effect and relaxes you, helping you to go to sleep. As such it should not be taken in the morning. I take it every other day as the half-life of progesterone is such that I do not need to dose daily in order to maintain an effective level of the hormone in my body - less is always better than more when it comes to these things IMO.

Eric - if you have a look at my post history you will see I was discussing progesterone with some other forum members, specifically the side-effects. A few members were of the opinion that the sides associated with fin are not cause by the fin itself, but rather by the process by which DHT itself is blocked, while others thought it was just finasteride that causes the sides. Obviously if they are an inherent part of the DHT-blocking process, the sides would be inevitable for some no matter which route you took. Unfortunately none of us were able to come up with an answer, so you'll have to make up your own mind. However, in my case, I have had no sides whatsoever and it really did help my hair.
"

We should maybe just try and get Utrogestan 100mg pills...

Thanks for the info, but..

How did this guy stop his hairloss with oral prog then? Dr. Hasson FUT - 3,898 grafts on 16/05/16 - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients
/QUOTE]
How the heck should I know? lol. and is he peating? if not then I dont even care. lol
try to figure it out yourself, here ya go :P
800px-Steroidogenesis.svg.png
:

xetawaves

"Unfortunately I got the details wrong on my original post. I take 100mg progesterone, not 30, my mistake. I use Utrogestan 100mg and it is oral, not topical. I take it in the evening as the hormone has a very mild sedative effect and relaxes you, helping you to go to sleep. As such it should not be taken in the morning. I take it every other day as the half-life of progesterone is such that I do not need to dose daily in order to maintain an effective level of the hormone in my body - less is always better than more when it comes to these things IMO.

Eric - if you have a look at my post history you will see I was discussing progesterone with some other forum members, specifically the side-effects. A few members were of the opinion that the sides associated with fin are not cause by the fin itself, but rather by the process by which DHT itself is blocked, while others thought it was just finasteride that causes the sides. Obviously if they are an inherent part of the DHT-blocking process, the sides would be inevitable for some no matter which route you took. Unfortunately none of us were able to come up with an answer, so you'll have to make up your own mind. However, in my case, I have had no sides whatsoever and it really did help my hair.
"

We should maybe just try and get Utrogestan 100mg pills...

I might start taking it eod. I've considered it. I'd be willing to try utrogestan pills but I have no idea where to get them lol

Progesterone

I might start taking it eod. I've considered it. I'd be willing to try utrogestan pills but I have no idea where to get them lol

That's the thing...

Either goto a doc, and have him prescribe them to you. Or get it online.

I may try one of these days to goto a walk-in clinic and ask..

xetawaves

That's the thing...

Either goto a doc, and have him prescribe them to you. Or get it online.

I may try one of these days to goto a walk-in clinic and ask..

It's probably not that easy to get prescribed progesterone pills, but I could be wrong. Surely there's a website somewhere that sells them..

Progesterone

It's probably not that easy to get prescribed progesterone pills, but I could be wrong. Surely there's a website somewhere that sells them..

Yes, probably quite easy for you.. assuming you live in USA? I'm in Canada, bit harder for me. My HT doc told me if I go into a walk-in clinic and see a doc, it should be quite easy for me to get prescribed Progesterone if I explain I've been using it already and it helped my hair, etc.

But alas, the prog we have already should be the same thing. Only difference is, the pills are powder, what we have is oil/liquid.

xetawaves

Yes, probably quite easy for you.. assuming you live in USA? I'm in Canada, bit harder for me. My HT doc told me if I go into a walk-in clinic and see a doc, it should be quite easy for me to get prescribed Progesterone if I explain I've been using it already and it helped my hair, etc.

But alas, the prog we have already should be the same thing. Only difference is, the pills are powder, what we have is oil/liquid.

Yea, there's really no point seeing we already have progesterone. I'm thinking I might just start dosing orally eod. It seemed to really work for that guy and his friend so..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals