Progesterone On Scalp Vs Elsewhere

I am trying out Progest-E for hair loss.
It does not seem to absorb through the scalp at all. Even after 12 hours most of it is still there, being all sticky just as when I applied it in the morning.
When I apply it to my wrist it is almost gone after 5-6 hours, so it does seem to get absorbed there. However I'd also like some local effect on the scalp. Has anyone tried this? What are your results?

tara

I think Peat recommended using a little olive oil to aid transdermal absorption?

Sheik

I'm wondering if maybe the stuff on the wrists just gets wiped off as you go about your day.

Don't you feel the systemic effects from it on your scalp? I'd be very surprised if the progesterone wasn't absorbing.

OP
MyUsernameHere
I'm not sure if I feel anything. I'm taking it to take care of the leftover 5AR in the scalp cause Finasteride isn't enough to stop my hair loss.
Fin is also giving me some mild puffy nipples so I was hoping the progesterone can help antagonize some of the estrogen.
Sometimes it seems to help other times not.

I am just not sure why it all still seems to be there on my scalp at the end of the day. I guess it is good if the absorption is slower there but I am not sure if it is even getting in at all.

There is a guy on HLT who stopped his hair loss (and even regrew) using Cyproterone Acetate, a very powerful synthetic "progestogen".

I wonder if using Progesterone in those doses, 50-100 mg daily, would be like chemical castration. It would probably also succeed in stopping hair loss in those doses even without fin.
But taking it like that would be very expensive.

OP
MyUsernameHere
Hehe. You would faint if you heard what some people on Hair Loss forums are taking, that would make Fin look like candy.. ;)

johnwester130

fin
spironolactone
Cyproterone Acetate are most used on hair loss forums

i learnt a lot about them from spending time on transgender forums, they also take them.

Peat however has only written about Cyproterone Acetate

Normal Progesterone has been shown to increase DHT and testosterone and help scalp hair loss.

Sheik

I wonder if using Progesterone in those doses, 50-100 mg daily, would be like chemical castration. It would probably also succeed in stopping hair loss in those doses even without fin.
But taking it like that would be very expensive.
I've wondered that too. Like maybe it reduces testosterone (and thus DHT) until you stop taking it.

I don't know if reducing testosterone (even a little) is a good idea or not. I kinda want to experiment.

Sheik

I took 30-40 mg of progesterone last night. My scalp felt better than usual (less numb). I had a boner basically all through the night, which is very unusual. I also felt really bad through the night, yet today I feel unusually awesome and strong.

I think I'll try it again today and see what happens.

johnwester130

Here's what I think :

Prolactin, estrogen, cortisol, DHT derivates, adrenaline, the prostaglandins, melatonin
cause hair shedding.

But,
Male pattern baldness is caused by a tight galea and the scalp muscles.

It's two different things.

The balding male needs to loosen his galea.

Arrade

fin
spironolactone
Cyproterone Acetate are most used on hair loss forums

i learnt a lot about them from spending time on transgender forums, they also take them.

Peat however has only written about Cyproterone Acetate

Normal Progesterone has been shown to increase DHT and testosterone and help scalp hair loss.
spit-drink-gif-9957942

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals