Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

Progesterone

Even then, I bet it wouldn't be enough to cause problems. I'll probably just stick to a 1mg dose.

Honestly, probably not...

I was eating cheese, etc, as normal, on MB, when I was taking it daily last summer.

I have an opened bottle of MB, and 2 unopened bottles. (Health natura).

Will be using this daily now. I'll play around with the dosage a bit and see what the sweet spot is for me.

xetawaves

I was eating cheese, etc, as normal, on MB, when I was taking it daily last summer.

Will be using this daily now. I'll play around with the dosage a bit and see what the sweet spot is for me.

I've seen several people online refer to it as an anti-aging compound. Hopefully we see some results in conjunction with progesterone.

xetawaves

Are you taking it orally or topically? I just ordered a bottle from healthnatura.

Progesterone

Are you taking it orally or topically? I just ordered a bottle from healthnatura.

You definitely want to take it orally, it will stain your skin blue if taken topically lol.

Just add some drops to water and drink.

You can also place directly on tongue, but it will stain your tongue blue. I used to dose like this, but apparently there's no need and no benefit vs just adding it to water and drinking.

xetawaves

You definitely want to take it orally, it will stain your skin blue if taken topically lol.

Just add some drops to water and drink.

You can also place directly on tongue, but it will stain your tongue blue. I used to dose like this, but apparently there's no need and no benefit vs just adding it to water and drinking.

How long did you take it before and did you see any results with your hair?

Progesterone

How long did you take it before and did you see any results with your hair?

I was using it alongside Tyromix (T3/T4) and Prog last year for a solid 3 months or so.

So it's VERY hard to say, tbh.

Tyromix I experimented with more and pretty certain this is not pro-hair for me, but the opposite.

MB + Prog will be a very interesting combo. (with the people coming out and saying prog hurt their hair lately, it is making me wonder about prog, though)

"What is weird is how fast my hair lost to male pattern baldness is coming back. The hair line seems to be regulatory retaking lost territory. My wife is keeping track and she is saying stuff like maybe you won't be bald again. What I invite speculation on is what other things are happening in my body? Is my function improving or am I going to die young with a hairline like Ron Reagan or even worse his loss of self. I am going to ask for a full blood screen on my next Dr visit and i will post it here in a redacted version." <--the guy was using 100mg of MB a day.

He later posted:

"Up date time.

I am still taking methylene blue for bi polar depression. I also take the Lyrica for the affliction. Both substances act as partial calcium channel blockers.

My wife (who knows me better than anyone and is a reliable judge about my behavior and appearance) says i am happier and calmer. I feel that is true.

No major side effects.

My hair keeps coming back. I am talking serious hair regrowth here. My hairline is creeping back although not in a uniform manner. Like little fiords of hair.

It is hard to tell what is the cause here between resveratrol, peperine, mb, lyrica, and all the other supplements i take it is difficult for me to acertain what might be causing the hair regrowth and also what it might be doing , positive or negative, to me. I also drink overbrewed green tea (6 minutes) taken with b vitamins. I read at Wired .com about an experiment that the US Army had done and they made a drink combining those two substances and claimed it had a positive effect on mitrochondria wich increaesd performance and endurance about 3%.

As far as maoi goes I have eaten cheddar cheese without any apparent effects.

Coffee seems to accentuate concentration more than b4. I drink a lot of coffee.

So I am happy with the effects but I know there is much more to understand."

Another update..

"I am still alive! Still taking 100 mg of mb a day. No problems. For me it seems to work synergisticly with Lyrica.

But now I have a hankering for really really tall women and I keep watching the DVD of Avatar over and over again..." lol

Another update..

"I am the guinea pig with the blue fur around here using 120 mg of mb a day. I also take 150mg of Wellbutrin XL (extended release
and eat Stilton cheese which is definitively on the maoi hit list and no problems. Make of it what you will. "

Another update, a year later, where he stopped taking MB..

"Okay I am the person who was taking large doses of mb. I have stopped taking it for two reasons. I was taking it to see if it helped with bipolar depression. It did not. Secondly it slowly affected my libido and ability to get an erection. After I stopped taking it I was back to normal within a week. So much for that.

I had no problems eating anything so not too much excitement on the adverse affect of it as a MAO inhibitor. "

Last update:

"Hi an update.

I took very large amounts of MB for three months. I suffered no problems with the maoi issue. It did not prove to be effective in positively affecting my bi polar depression. Also it slowly affected my ability to get an erection. I also lost interest in sex. I ceased taking it and in about a week all the affects seemed to be gone. I would not recommend MB for bipolar depression.

Last edited:

xetawaves

I was using it alongside Tyromix (T3/T4) and Prog last year for a solid 3 months or so.

So it's VERY hard to say, tbh.

Tyromix I experimented with more and pretty certain this is not pro-hair for me, but the opposite.

MB + Prog will be a very interesting combo. (with the people coming out and saying prog hurt their hair lately, it is making me wonder about prog, though)

"What is weird is how fast my hair lost to male pattern baldness is coming back. The hair line seems to be regulatory retaking lost territory. My wife is keeping track and she is saying stuff like maybe you won't be bald again. What I invite speculation on is what other things are happening in my body? Is my function improving or am I going to die young with a hairline like Ron Reagan or even worse his loss of self. I am going to ask for a full blood screen on my next Dr visit and i will post it here in a redacted version." <--the guy was using 100mg of MB a day.

He later posted:

"Up date time.

I am still taking methylene blue for bi polar depression. I also take the Lyrica for the affliction. Both substances act as partial calcium channel blockers.

My wife (who knows me better than anyone and is a reliable judge about my behavior and appearance) says i am happier and calmer. I feel that is true.

No major side effects.

My hair keeps coming back. I am talking serious hair regrowth here. My hairline is creeping back although not in a uniform manner. Like little fiords of hair.

It is hard to tell what is the cause here between resveratrol, peperine, mb, lyrica, and all the other supplements i take it is difficult for me to acertain what might be causing the hair regrowth and also what it might be doing , positive or negative, to me. I also drink overbrewed green tea (6 minutes) taken with b vitamins. I read at Wired .com about an experiment that the US Army had done and they made a drink combining those two substances and claimed it had a positive effect on mitrochondria wich increaesd performance and endurance about 3%.

As far as maoi goes I have eaten cheddar cheese without any apparent effects.

Coffee seems to accentuate concentration more than b4. I drink a lot of coffee.

So I am happy with the effects but I know there is much more to understand."

Progesterone hasn't hurt my hair, but I still think I'm going to lower the dosage. Might do that today actually.

Btw, I remember you saying your skin is always super oily. Have you ever had your prolactin tested?

I've been having the same thoughts in regards to maybe using too much. I've considered lowering the dose and seeing what happens. I started out on low dose progesterone back in dec-jan and it felt like my androgens skyrocketed. Super high libido and oily skin. Although I may revisit a lower dose because I've changed my diet and supplement regimen since then. Maybe it'll have a different affect. I do feel like progesterone has helped me maintain my hair for the past 5 months.

Brotzu should be out by the end of summer. It's being marketed as a cosmetic compound so it won't need to pass through trials. It apparently works very well in young people. Seti is an option if you have an extra 500 bucks a month to spend lol

So I took a picture to help document any progress. This is my hair after blowdrying it and in bright lighting. There's also no toppik in it. I always spray a bit of toppik in the hairline, it helps a lot. My norwood 3 and all its glory.
What you guys think? Could I rock a buzzcut? I'm so close to just doing it.

Imgur

I think your hair looks good as it is. I personally wouldn't do a buzzcut. In fact, if you showed the picture to a lot of people with no prior explanation, I don't think most people would think 'balding - buzzcut imminent'. I think our own obsessions and lenses of interpretation can lead us to exaggerating the visibility of certain things. For example, I really doubt the vast majority of the population has even heard of the Norwood scale. So if someone saw your hair, "Danger - N3" wouldn't be on their minds at all. At most, maybe something like "mature hairline."

Progesterone

Progesterone hasn't hurt my hair, but I still think I'm going to lower the dosage. Might do that today actually.

Btw, I remember you saying your skin is always super oily. Have you ever had your prolactin tested?

No I haven't.

However, I have lisuride on hand (prolactin-inhibitor).

Progesterone

So, that guy got hair regrowth (even on hairline) for sure on MB, using super high dosage, for 3months. However stopped as it did not help him or his intended purpose of bipolar disorder. He was using 100mg per day. He said erections were difficult and libido was tanked. It inhibits NOS, so I guess it would make sense that super high dosages daily would do that, over time.

I think your hair looks good as it is. I personally wouldn't do a buzzcut. In fact, if you showed the picture to a lot of people with no prior explanation, I don't think most people would think 'balding - buzzcut imminent'. I think our own obsessions and lenses of interpretation can lead us to exaggerating the visibility of certain things. For example, I really doubt the vast majority of the population has even heard of the Norwood scale. So if someone saw your hair, "Danger - N3" wouldn't be on their minds at all. At most, maybe something like "mature hairline."

Good point. lol

xetawaves

I agree with you. Years ago, before I learned that men went bald unwillingly, I viewed different norwoods and thinning hair as just another type of haircut. I have no idea why but I've other people explain this way as well lol
The only thing about my hair is that the hairline on each side goes back pretty damn far. It's the hairline that runs in my family. I have to grow out the very top of the sides of my head to cover it up. My grandmother tells me that I won't go completely bald, but my forelock unfortunately seems to be thinning gradually now. Once it gets so thin I'll be forced to buzz it down.

No I haven't.

However, I have lisuride on hand (prolactin-inhibitor).

I came across some stuff the other day talking about how prolactin plays a role in sebum. You should get it tested soon, it might be what's causing your sebum issues. I have some lisuride as well and might start using it again.

Progesterone

I came across some stuff the other day talking about how prolactin plays a role in sebum. You should get it tested soon, it might be what's causing your sebum issues. I have some lisuride as well and might start using it again.

Thanks.

I'll look into it. I've been reading some stuff lately where someone stopped their super oily face with Vitamin D only. So trying that now + K2 + Vit A.

I think my face was pretty damn oily those few days I was doing 100mg prog topically 3x a day on forearms... I wonder why.

xetawaves

Thanks.

I'll look into it. I've been reading some stuff lately where someone stopped their super oily face with Vitamin D only. So trying that now + K2 + Vit A.

I think my face was pretty damn oily those few days I was doing 100mg prog topically 3x a day on forearms... I wonder why.

When I low dosed progesterone, I feel like my face was a lot more oily then too. That's why I'm hesitant to bring my dose back down. Then I eventually brought it up and it seemed to have went away.

Honestly, I'm probably only getting around 75mg of prog a day with 10 drops 3x. Not all of it metabolizes and I'm sure some is lost just from my forearms being in contact with things.

The guy that cured his excess sebum, how much vitamin D was he taking?

Progesterone

When I low dosed progesterone, I feel like my face was a lot more oily then too. That's why I'm hesitant to bring my dose back down. Then I eventually brought it up and it seemed to have went away.

Honestly, I'm probably only getting around 75mg of prog a day with 10 drops 3x. Not all of it metabolizes and I'm sure some is lost just from my forearms being in contact with things.

The guy that cured his excess sebum, how much vitamin D was he taking?

Not much D3... under 10,000 UI - and apparently he had tried everything.

BTW.. more reactions to MB:

"Started taking 15mg/day a month ago. Feeling good mood boost and tons of energy - but that is not what surprised me a lot because that was expectable. What really surprised me was that it cured seborrheic dermatitis on my face almost instantly (for those who don't know what that is: it's kind of eczema on face, red flaky inflamed itchy skin, incurable decease which I tried to fix last 7 years. And now - after just 5 days on MB - skin on my face became ABSOLUTELY clear. Unbelievable. I tried 1 000 000 things to fix that ***t and I was already hopeless and ready to live with it forever. MB is amazing."

"My experience, after about 3 years:

- 3mg-10mg on tongue (back top of tongue) improves workout performance by decreasing perceived physical effort. Also, slight motivator.

- 10mg in cup of water does nothing

- 1mg intranasal via neti pot does nothing (except burn)"

^I find it very interesting... perhaps I will dose on tongue again... I think I did notice more effects vs using in water, tbh.

ddjd

MAO inhibition only becomes pronounced at 164nM, which is around 2mg.

Top 8 Surprising Health Benefits of Methylene Blue - Selfhacked

The slowing skin aging stuff is very interesting, forgot about all that.

"MB has wildly different effects depending on the dose. In the milligram doses, it shows some MAO-I properties and can kill certain infections.

In the microgram doses, however, it acts via hormetic mechanisms and likely won’t kill an infection or have MAO-I properties."

Health Natura MB is 100mcg per drop, FYI.
This is a really good podcast with the world's foremost methylene blue expert.

Progesterone

This is a really good podcast with the world's foremost methylene blue expert.

Thanks Joeyd, what dosage are you currently using and how are you dosing? i.e just dropped in water?

EDIT: This is super interesting, at low dosages, literally NO downsides of using MB. Only upside.

Last edited:

Progesterone

Are there any negatives to using high doses of MB?

If you listen to the interview, he explains, yes... it has different effects, VERY different effects at high dosages, say dosages above 5mg.

Instead of being an antioxidant, it will be pro-oxidant, for example.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals