Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

xetawaves

btw @xetawaves have you seen this thread: Hair loss from DHT/Steroids? Think again...very interesting topic... androgens exacerbate calcium problems, in which those in the west don't get enough magenisum or k2. It's the protocol I've been following for two weeks

I'm also taking d3, magnesium, k2, and A. You might wanna read into fermented cod/skate liver oil. Apparently that stuff is toxic and a total scam. Oils do not ferment, they go rancid.

Since I started taking these 4 religiously, I feel great and have tons of energy.

Arrade

I'm also taking d3, magnesium, k2, and A. You might wanna read into fermented cod/skate liver oil. Apparently that stuff is toxic and a total scam. Oils do not ferment, they go rancid.

Since I started taking these 4 religiously, I feel great and have tons of energy.
Thanks for the response.
I'm taking this vit A https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-...r=1-8&keywords=vitamin+a&th=1#customerReviews
I'm kind of worried because it comes from cod liver but @SOMO I think said it would be ok
I don't take fish/skate oil though.

Can I ask, how much vit A, d3, and K2 (which form) are you taking daily? Because I was using 10,000 iu vit a everyday but @baccheion said above 3000 iu daily and it diminishes the effect of the d3.

xetawaves

Thanks for the response.
I'm taking this vit A https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Vitamin-000-Softgels/dp/B00015XC1I/ref=sr_1_8_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1526509359&sr=1-8&keywords=vitamin+a&th=1#customerReviews
I'm kind of worried because it comes from cod liver but @SOMO I think said it would be ok
I don't take fish/skate oil though.

Can I ask, how much vit A, d3, and K2 (which form) are you taking daily? Because I was using 10,000 iu vit a everyday but @baccheion said above 3000 iu daily and it diminishes the effect of the d3.

I eat a large raw carrot everyday for A. I have a supplement that I might try out as well.

d3 between 10,000-20,000ius a day. Some days I use a sunbed. I work inside.

k2 mk4 800mcgs per day, although I might increase this. Danny talked about high dose k2 at the end of his last video.

Speaking of which, everyone should go watch that.

Also, I'm not sure if these two have anything to do with eachother, but last night I ate a large portion of mushrooms. This morning I didn't see much hair in my hands while showering.

Progesterone

I've experienced a bit of shed too off and on since starting progesterone. It seems to have stabilized now though. I don't seem to have crazy sheds anymore. Some days I do shed a little more, but shedding phases are completely normal even in people with zero hair loss. I remember feeling stuck in the same place you are currently. Should I keep taking it and hope it's a regrowth shed or stop taking it and risk what I lost not growing back. I decided to keep taking it. Eating more and increasing sugar and salt intake seems to slow down shed for me.

If you decide to continue taking progesterone and the shedding doesn't slow down, then I would get your hormones checked while you're taking it. I'm surprised that you have so much experience with progesterone, but never shed like this in the past. What was your dosage before?

I was experiencing some terrible prostate issues before progesterone and it has completely cured me of that. I have the sex drive that I did when I was a teenager again. Erection size, orgasms, and semen volume also increased substantially. Even if progesterone made me lose more hair, I would probably keep taking it for these effects alone.

To be quite honest. I think this is the normal rate of hair loss I've always had, while ON Prog.

But when I stopped for a few weeks, the shedding seems to have had gone down. I stopped all stimulants as well at the same time I stopped Prog. (I used to always use at least 200mg of caffeine, 6-7 times a week) sometimes also 24mg of ephedrine as well.

Thing is... when off prog, I quickly became obsessed with thinning in the Center/rear of my head.

I need to examine carefully to see what's what.

Ultimately I think documenting this with PICTURES, in same lighting, same hair conditions (i.e dry, wet, etc) will be the best indicator.

EDIT: Just went in bathroom again. Yikes. Shedding like a b*tch. I was using 27mg ferrochel brand Iron btw as well when I was OFF PROG, that's the only other variable. One pill per night. I know Iron is technically terrible for men, but my ferritin was '63' back in July 2016... MAYBE, I add back in the Iron and stay on prog and see how it goes. I am tempted to stop the prog right now though too. Sigh.

Last edited:

xetawaves

Honestly, I think there will be a cure discovered before 2025. There's a lot of hair loss research happening right now and we're learning new things every day. I do believe it'll be solved soon. Especially considering how this current world is obsessed with beauty and vanity. I'd say around 2040, everyone that wants to and has the financial ability to, will be beautiful and have full heads of hair.

Last edited:

xetawaves

To be quite honest. I think this is the normal rate of hair loss I've always had, while ON Prog.

But when I stopped for a few weeks, the shedding seems to have had gone down. I stopped all stimulants as well at the same time I stopped Prog. (I used to always use at least 200mg of caffeine, 6-7 times a week) sometimes also 24mg of ephedrine as well.

Thing is... when off prog, I quickly became obsessed with thinning in the Center/rear of my head.

I need to examine carefully to see what's what.

Ultimately I think documenting this with PICTURES, in same lighting, same hair conditions (i.e dry, wet, etc) will be the best indicator.

EDIT: Just went in bathroom again. Yikes. Shedding like a b*tch. I was using 27mg ferrochel brand Iron btw as well when I was OFF PROG, that's the only other variable. One pill per night. I know Iron is technically terrible for men, but my ferritin was '63' back in July 2016... MAYBE, I add back in the Iron and stay on prog and see how it goes. I am tempted to stop the prog right now though too. Sigh.

Are you still using 10 drops 3x per day? Is your face and scalp oilier than normal? If I was you, I would start using the dose that worked best for you in the past.

Progesterone

Are you still using 10 drops 3x per day? Is your face and scalp oilier than normal? If I was you, I would start using the dose that worked best for you in the past.

YES. My face is constantly oily and shiny now. I mean it usually is oily in general, but it has been kicked up a notch.

I will see... perhaps go back to 100mg taken orally in capsule at night.

Or stop it altogether and see what happens a few weeks from now. Re-evaluate.

I appreciate your feedback and support.

Keep in mind, the guy who stopped his hairloss with Prog using Oral prog 100mg. Was using it, before bedtime, taken only Every other day.

Last edited:

xetawaves

YES. My face is constantly oily and shiny now. I mean it usually is oily in general, but it has been kicked up a notch.

I will see... perhaps go back to 100mg taken orally in capsule at night.

Or stop it altogether and see what happens a few weeks from now. Re-evaluate.

I appreciate your feedback and support.

Keep in mind, the guy who stopped his hairloss with Prog using Oral prog 100mg. Was using it, when once at once, before bedtime, taken only Every other day.

I thought he said he was taking it everyday? Try taking some vitamin a and d and see if it helps with the sebum.

Progesterone

I thought he said he was taking it everyday?

He's been using it since 2014. The only time he took it every day, was after his hair transplant, where he started taking it daily for 6 months, after the procedure.. then went back to his usual EOD dosing schedule.

Maybe there's something in that.

Arrade

I've been using 10,000UI daily for a little while... with 1mg of K2 (MK4 mostly, there is some MK7 in it as well, from health natura).

Should I up the dosage?
I’d add magnesium (topical oil or high dose oral) and up the dose to 20,000-40,000. That’s wht i’m experimenting with.
Your K dose is probably fine, but it wouldn’t hurt to up it (except cost)

Progesterone

I’d add magnesium (topical oil or high dose oral) and up the dose to 20,000-40,000. That’s wht i’m experimenting with.
Your K dose is probably fine, but it wouldn’t hurt to up it (except cost)

I take 500mg Mag Oxide a day.

You're using all of this for sebum reduction? Are you using anything for hair ?

Arrade

I take 500mg Mag Oxide a day.

You're using all of this for sebum reduction? Are you using anything for hair ?
Anyone Here Stopped Their Hairloss?
Posts by elephanto has some good ideas.

Right now my plan for decalcification is
3000 iu daily Vit A
20-40,000 vit D daily
1 LEF Vit K complex + 500 extra mcg mk7 ( Mk7 is better for arterial decalcification than mk4) ED
Transdermal Magnesium oil ED
Before bed, I soak my scalp in a bowl of Apple Cider Vinegar for 5 minutes, and leave it in my hair

There's several other things I'm considering adding. Personally I like high dose mk4, I can feel the test boost

Progesterone

@xetawaves So, got an interesting update for ya...

I only dosed 10 drops of prog yesterday, for the entire day, in the morning. Nothing after.

Today, NO PROG...

I did the same thing I did in the bathroom at work.... yesterday I shed over 20 hairs, easily. LONG, Short, etc. TODAY... 1 hair !!!!!!!!

Wtf.

Let's see how it this progresses. Off Prog for now.

FWIW, I'm on 1mg K2 (from health natura) just started using this few days ago, 10,000IU D3, Vit A Acetate (not sure of dosage off hand, will post later). Astaxanthin (12mg daily, but been using this forever). Etc

Arrade

I’ll post here, the mk4 I’m taking at 45 mg is causing hairloss.
It’s too much of a t increase, it feels great but it’s causing issue

I’m gonna have to stick with Mk7.
Also I think the polysorbate 80 might be of use.
@JonnyCraig 10,000 d3 isn’t a lot, you could use 40,000 with magensium

Hairlosssucks

@JonnyCraig i imagine if it’s making you shed more ever you might have to dose even higher to get rid of the estrogen( very very doubtful) or most likely you thyroid is not optimal. You might need more protein in your diet as well.

Hairlosssucks

I’m probably going to change brand as I think I’m getting too much vitamin e and also the first time I took prog I got more of a euphoric feeling. Now nothing and it just seems to make me feel a bit off. I wonder does taking preg use up something? And was that “something” at an optimal state when I used it the first time?

xetawaves

@xetawaves So, got an interesting update for ya...

I only dosed 10 drops of prog yesterday, for the entire day, in the morning. Nothing after.

Today, NO PROG...

I did the same thing I did in the bathroom at work.... yesterday I shed over 20 hairs, easily. LONG, Short, etc. TODAY... 1 hair !!!!!!!!

Wtf.

Let's see how it this progresses. Off Prog for now.

FWIW, I'm on 1mg K2 (from health natura) just started using this few days ago, 10,000IU D3, Vit A Acetate (not sure of dosage off hand, will post later). Astaxanthin (12mg daily, but been using this forever). Etc

Keep in mind that it could've been the progesterone that caused you to shed less. Maybe, maybe not.

I've been taking astaxanthin for a few days now and I love it so far. My skin has a different shade to it. Apparently, increased hair growth is a side effect for some people.

Luckytype

@JonnyCraig i imagine if it’s making you shed more ever you might have to dose even higher to get rid of the estrogen( very very doubtful) or most likely you thyroid is not optimal. You might need more protein in your diet as well.

It would probably be a psuedo stress response if we understand that progesterone helps potentiate the reactions of the cell to thyroid hormone. A greater food intake or perhaps more carbs may attenuate this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals