Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

Progesterone

Has you shedding rate decreased on the routine?

I think what's most important is how your hair is looking, rather than focusing on shedding.

Lots of people shed a lot of hair, even girls with glorious thick hair.

Me personally, my shedding seems to have started to stop now though, yes. (as my body getting used to 100mg prog again)

I've thought about it. I've never taken thyroid before. Should I just get tyromax?

Careful...

I've used Tyromix on/off, in conjunction with Prog and also even Oxidal.

It will make you feel good, for sure. But I'm not so sure it's pro-hair. There are a decent amount of people who report worsening effects on hair.

In the past I've said multiple times it ultimately made my hair worse. (after trying it multiple different times).

Perhaps Tyromax will be different as it is not synthetically derived per se. Who knows.

I would be VERY careful if I were you though, especially considering you were just saying how you think Prog is benefiting your hair now, right?

BTW what are your bodytemps usually? i.e temp when waking, afternoon, night?

My body temp was much lower before, but I think it's because I was on a low-carb diet. They are much better now. (i.e I was constantly 95-96, now I am 97 or so upon waking.. 98 in the day...)

Hairlosssucks

I think what's most important is how your hair is looking, rather than focusing on shedding.

Lots of people shed a lot of hair, even girls with glorious thick hair.

Me personally, my shedding seems to have started to stop now though, yes. (as my body getting used to 100mg prog again)

Careful...

I've used Tyromix on/off, in conjunction with Prog and also even Oxidal.

It will make you feel good, for sure. But I'm not so sure it's pro-hair. There are a decent amount of people who report worsening effects on hair.

In the past I've said multiple times it ultimately made my hair worse. (after trying it multiple different times).

Perhaps Tyromax will be different as it is not synthetically derived per se. Who knows.

I would be VERY careful if I were you though, especially considering you were just saying how you think Prog is benefiting your hair now, right?

BTW what are your bodytemps usually? i.e temp when waking, afternoon, night?

My body temp was much lower before, but I think it's because I was on a low-carb diet. They are much better now. (i.e I was constantly 95-96, now I am 97 or so upon waking.. 98 in the day...)

Your right, you shouldn’t just jump on thyroid mess without assessing the situation it can just make stuff worse.

But ultimately I think the key is getting the thyroid to top condition as well as getting rid of estrogen dominance and prolactin. Also keeping dopamine high.

Hairlosssucks

How to apply prog oral or topical. I put a drop of progest-e on my wrists and I’m not really feeling anything.

xetawaves

@xetawaves Any Updates on Prog? How are you feeling on it? Any hair updates?

My face seems to be clearing up (acne wise).

My hair overall seems thicker. The hairline has been the toughest part, I'm not sure if it has thickened up or not yet. It has certainly maintained though. I believe I have finally gotten my sebum/buildup issue under control as well. I'm only using nizoral once a week now. There's still a little build up that gathers along the hairline, but I'm hoping that it eventually clears up from my regimen. Eating more seems to have done a lot for my hair.

Progesterone

My hair overall seems thicker. The hairline has been the toughest part, I'm not sure if it has thickened up or not yet. It has certainly maintained though. I believe I have finally gotten my sebum/buildup issue under control as well. I'm only using nizoral once a week now. There's still a little build up that gathers along the hairline, but I'm hoping that it eventually clears up from my regimen. Eating more seems to have done a lot for my hair.

Thanks man.

My hair was awesome when I was on my extreme bulking/powerlifting phase a few yrs ago.

I ate like garbage, but my hair was fantastic. Literally... chocolate bars... whatever the hell I wanted.

What made you think of eating more, to help with hair?

Hairlosssucks

Yeh I’m gonna change brand I feel like I’m getting too much vitamin e and it’s causing me some fibromyalgia like symptoms.

Progesterone

Man...

I'm doing my patented, pull/shake my hair over the sink at work (white sink with very strong lighting) and I am definitely shedding wayy more than when I was OFF Prog...

Feels bad man.

Left side hairline near the center noticing a bit of a hit there too, tiny hit.

This is so tough to gauge, but I for sure know I'm shedding more ON Prog than OFF Prog, as of right now. Just when I brush my hair it's obvious, or even when I have it tied up, and remove the elastic. On Prog I'll loose a hair or 2, off Prog, none.

I don't know what to do anymore.

Should I give it more time? :(

xetawaves

Man...

I'm doing my patented, pull/shake my hair over the sink at work (white sink with very strong lighting) and I am definitely shedding wayy more than when I was OFF Prog...

Feels bad man.

Left side hairline near the center noticing a bit of a hit there too, tiny hit.

This is so tough to gauge, but I for sure know I'm shedding more ON Prog than OFF Prog, as of right now. Just when I brush my hair it's obvious, or even when I have it tied up, and remove the elastic. On Prog I'll loose a hair or 2, off Prog, none.

I don't know what to do anymore.

Should I give it more time? :(

That's up to you, man. Were you shedding like this before when you were taking progesterone? I remember you saying something about how it helped repair your hairline.

Doesn't sound like prog is a good supp for hairloss, similar to what @Arnold Grape was saying.

Men have regrown hair from progesterone. It was used as a male hair loss treatment before finasteride was synthesized. Dosage is important when it comes to progesterone.

Also, that Arnold guy is quite a bit older than we are. You gotta keep that in mind. He said he was taking a drop everyday and noticed his hair got a little thinner. That could just be from age. Practically every male experiences hair loss, just at different rates.

Progesterone

That's up to you, man. Were you shedding like this before when you were taking progesterone? I remember you saying something about how it helped repair your hairline.

Men have regrown hair from progesterone. It was used as a male hair loss treatment before finasteride was synthesized. Dosage is important when it comes to progesterone.

Also, that Arnold guy is quite a bit older than we are. You gotta keep that in mind. He said he was taking a drop everyday and noticed his hair got a little thinner. That could just be from age. Practically every male experiences hair loss, just at different rates.

I've been ON prog more than I've been OFF prog in the last 2years, so it's very hard to gauge how I am at baseline.

I refuse to touch fin/dut/min, so taking prog certainly makes me feel better in terms of "I'm doing something".

My hairline got hit from using Thyroid (or so I think), and also when I had stopped Prog, I believe.

It's really hard to know for sure, 100%.

I've been speaking with this female on here in PM; whom got accelerated hairloss from Prog. She kept using it and using it (per Wray on progesteronetherapy website) increasing dosage more and more. She lost a lot of hair, even receded hairline. Once she stopped the prog, hair loss went away (although not much regrowth).

This is scary stuff.

If I'm seeing notable shedding right now, I'm just thinking maybe it's better I stop while I'm ahead.

Then again, there's the other side of things.. Fin makes you shed too. Shedding isn't the be all end all. It doesn't mean that much technically.

Maybe... the dose is just too high. Maybe, I should try once a day dosing at night, like before. Although I think this yielded the same results (increased shedding).

I'm really confused right now and not sure what direction I'll go in.

Arrade

I don't know much about progesterone, but I didn't really like 5 a dhp, felt anti-androgen. Seems to increase aggression @JonnyCraig , but so far I haven't heard from anyone in this thread saying it helped their hairloss.

xetawaves

I've been ON prog more than I've been OFF prog in the last 2years, so it's very hard to gauge how I am at baseline.

I refuse to touch fin/dut/min, so taking prog certainly makes me feel better in terms of "I'm doing something".

My hairline got hit from using Thyroid (or so I think), and also when I had stopped Prog, I believe.

It's really hard to know for sure, 100%.

I've been speaking with this female on here in PM; whom got accelerated hairloss from Prog. She kept using it and using it (per Wray on progesteronetherapy website) increasing dosage more and more. She lost a lot of hair, even receded hairline. Once she stopped the prog, hair loss went away (although not much regrowth).

This is scary stuff.

If I'm seeing notable shedding right now, I'm just thinking maybe it's better I stop while I'm ahead.

Then again, there's the other side of things.. Fin makes you shed too. Shedding isn't the be all end all. It doesn't mean that much technically.

Maybe... the dose is just too high. Maybe, I should try once a day dosing at night, like before. Although I think this yielded the same results (increased shedding).

I'm really confused right now and not sure what direction I'll go in.

I've experienced a bit of shed too off and on since starting progesterone. It seems to have stabilized now though. I don't seem to have crazy sheds anymore. Some days I do shed a little more, but shedding phases are completely normal even in people with zero hair loss. I remember feeling stuck in the same place you are currently. Should I keep taking it and hope it's a regrowth shed or stop taking it and risk what I lost not growing back. I decided to keep taking it. Eating more and increasing sugar and salt intake seems to slow down shed for me.

If you decide to continue taking progesterone and the shedding doesn't slow down, then I would get your hormones checked while you're taking it. I'm surprised that you have so much experience with progesterone, but never shed like this in the past. What was your dosage before?

I was experiencing some terrible prostate issues before progesterone and it has completely cured me of that. I have the sex drive that I did when I was a teenager again. Erection size, orgasms, and semen volume also increased substantially. Even if progesterone made me lose more hair, I would probably keep taking it for these effects alone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals