Ritanserin - Serotonin Antagonist For R&D Use Only

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm interested in lowering serotonin. If I apply a bottle of Ritanserin then stop, will my serotonin levels go below my baseline level? Thanks

Anti-serotonin drugs usually do not lower serotonin synthesis, they just block its effects. Inhibitors of the enzyme TPH is what lowers serotonin synthesis. Aside from Fenclonine and the few experimental TPH inhibitors currently being studied, dopamine and dopamine agonists inhibit TPH. So, something like lisuride or bromocriptine would be a possible approach to actually lower serotonin.

Agent207

haidut how is it going the launch roadmap for that promising full 5-HT1A antagonist? I hoped it was Lecozotan, but you said it isnt... Im very hyped about that after the libido crashing effect that ritanserin had on me.. :(

BobbyDukes

Having much more success with this on a mighty two drops per day! Like, seriously, I actually am. Gonna stick on two drops per day; wait until that plateaus, then assess bowel tolerance (hopefully no constipation). Decided to play it this way, after reading about its half life. 6 drops per day gave me constipation. This drug can be my cypro. I'm kinda glad, I didn't get rid of it now. Have two bottles of this. Going well, and on day three at the moment.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
haidut how is it going the launch roadmap for that promising full 5-HT1A antagonist? I hoped it was Lecozotan, but you said it isnt... Im very hyped about that after the libido crashing effect that ritanserin had on me.. :(

Waiting on the shipment to arrive. I am hoping to be able to release it within 2 weeks. Also excited about it as in my experience it can fill the void many rats feel on cypro.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Having much more success with this on a mighty two drops per day! Like, seriously, I actually am. Gonna stick on two drops per day; wait until that plateaus, then assess bowel tolerance (hopefully no constipation). Decided to play it this way, after reading about its half life. 6 drops per day gave me constipation. This drug can be my cypro. I'm kinda glad, I didn't get rid of it now. Have two bottles of this. Going well, and on day three at the moment.

Perfect, thanks for sharing! So, you are saying that lower dose is better for you? Are you taking the 2 drops in a single dose?

BobbyDukes

Perfect, thanks for sharing! So, you are saying that lower dose is better for you? Are you taking the 2 drops in a single dose?

Thanks haidut, yes. Seems to be better for me. To be honest, it's probably better for me to play it cautiously with all your products that have the DMSO (just because of the increased absorption).
I have been taking the two drops, orally, at night, before sleep. On the first night, it knocked me out. But not had that since. Just calmer, and it has sexual benefits too (which I knew from before, when I tried it, before the constipation got me). It seems to have 'woody' effects, which I guess are expected through its antagonism of certain 5ht receptors.

Oh, and I would like to state that I speaking on behalf of my rat, btw. I'm his spokesman. I just communicate his experiences. I wouldn't be taking this myself. No way. I stick to my fish oil, and he sticks to his Ritanserin. This system works for us. We're happy. Just glad this works for him, and he's enjoying it.

keith

Anti-serotonin drugs, and especially ritanserin and cyproheptadine do drop blood sugar due to their effect on lowering cortisol. I think that is the most likely mechanism.

Definitely could be the case; I can take huge amounts caffeine without similar effect, though. I do get the same headache from too much niacinamide, though, so you are probably right.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks haidut, yes. Seems to be better for me. To be honest, it's probably better for me to play it cautiously with all your products that have the DMSO (just because of the increased absorption).
I have been taking the two drops, orally, at night, before sleep. On the first night, it knocked me out. But not had that since. Just calmer, and it has sexual benefits too (which I knew from before, when I tried it, before the constipation got me). It seems to have 'woody' effects, which I guess are expected through its antagonism of certain 5ht receptors.

Oh, and I would like to state that I speaking on behalf of my rat, btw. I'm his spokesman. I just communicate his experiences. I wouldn't be taking this myself. No way. I stick to my fish oil, and he sticks to his Ritanserin. This system works for us. We're happy. Just glad this works for him, and he's enjoying it.

Understood, I do the same - rats get the good stuff while I choke on fermented cod liver oil :):

StrongMom

Anti-serotonin drugs, and especially ritanserin and cyproheptadine do drop blood sugar due to their effect on lowering cortisol. I think that is the most likely mechanism.

I am a getting a bit confused. I am a lifetime sufferer of high cortisol. I like a lot of sugary foods and in general eating; apparently because of their cortisol antagonism. When cortisol drops, it makes you eat as well? I understand that something is happening; when I take your Lapodin, I experience an uncontrollable surge in appetitte. But is it really cortisol or something else?

Koveras

I also experienced long lasting migraine from Ritanserin. Possible effect of the 5-HT1D antagonism? Since various 5HT1 agonists are used in migraine prophylaxis...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I am a getting a bit confused. I am a lifetime sufferer of high cortisol. I like a lot of sugary foods and in general eating; apparently because of their cortisol antagonism. When cortisol drops, it makes you eat as well? I understand that something is happening; when I take your Lapodin, I experience an uncontrollable surge in appetitte. But is it really cortisol or something else?

When cortisol drops, so does blood sugar. This is the basic signal (low blood sugar) that it is time to eat. Not sure what is the confusing part.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I also experienced long lasting migraine from Ritanserin. Possible effect of the 5-HT1D antagonism? Since various 5HT1 agonists are used in migraine prophylaxis...

Possible, but I think the blood sugar effect is the primary reason.

StrongMom

When cortisol drops, so does blood sugar. This is the basic signal (low blood sugar) that it is time to eat. Not sure what is the confusing part.

I try not to hijack this thread with silly-looking questions. Obviously, when the blood sugar drops, we feel hungry. My question was more about people with high cortisol (women with PCOS, for example) who tend to have big appetite, especially for sweet things. I guess it comes down to insulin resistance for most cases. Your cortisol is high, your blood sugar is high, but not getting into cells. So, in that situation, if you reduce cortisol by ritanserin or Lapodin, the body might respond by producing even more cortisol? I think this happened to me when I took only a few drops of Lapodin for a week, had an increase in appetite, and gained weight around the belly.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I try not to hijack this thread with silly-looking questions. Obviously, when the blood sugar drops, we feel hungry. My question was more about people with high cortisol (women with PCOS, for example) who tend to have big appetite, especially for sweet things. I guess it comes down to insulin resistance for most cases. Your cortisol is high, your blood sugar is high, but not getting into cells. So, in that situation, if you reduce cortisol by ritanserin or Lapodin, the body might respond by producing even more cortisol? I think this happened to me when I took only a few drops of Lapodin for a week, had an increase in appetite, and gained weight around the belly.

People with high cortisol typically have poor appetite and still gain weight no matter how little they eat. I don't know what your specific hormonal situation was but if cortisol dropped it typically results in a quick loss of water and weight in the first week, and subsequent fat loss over the next weeks/months.

StrongMom

People with high cortisol typically have poor appetite and still gain weight no matter how little they eat. I don't know what your specific hormonal situation was but if cortisol dropped it typically results in a quick loss of water and weight in the first week, and subsequent fat loss over the next weeks/months.

Thank you Haidut; I am learning a lot from your posts and replies. I appreciate the response. My problem is probably stress, but for the people following this thread I think the message should be that if they do not take it with food (almost immediately) they might get a stress response, which kills the whole purpose.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you Haidut; I am learning a lot from your posts and replies. I appreciate the response. My problem is probably stress, but for the people following this thread I think the message should be that if they do not take it with food (almost immediately) they might get a stress response, which kills the whole purpose.

Yeah, I think that is good advise for most pro-metabolic substances. It is especially evident for things like caffeine and thyroid but the anti-serotonin drugs probably fall in the same bag.

dand

I personally have done much much better on low dose. No more than 1-2 drops per day. I have no libido antagonism with the ritanserin at that dosage.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I personally have done much much better on low dose. No more than 1-2 drops per day. I have no libido antagonism with the ritanserin at that dosage.

Yeah, in high doses it probably starts to resemble cypro. Ritanserin was developed using cypro as a model so I think the two share similarities in higher doses - i.e. lower libido from high dose cypro.

Tumber

Hi haidut, will the new serotonin antagonist strongly block post synaptic 5ht1a receptors? Thanks

Soren

Forum Supporter
Another Amazing product @haidut thank you so much for continuing to innovate and strive for solutions outside the mainstream!!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals