Ritanserin - Serotonin Antagonist For R&D Use Only

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I might be willing to give it a go; will have to see where I'm at from a health and financial perspective, but I'm a little unsure about serotonin antagonists and how they will work for my subject, despite the fondness he had in his youth for psychadelics, which may have multiple competing effects on serotonin, but certainly have some impact. He never had adverse issues with those. He isn't sure he needs it either...the initial hope of a positive impact on an eczema like condition was not supported as viable in this trial, so not sure it is worth the money. The subject is growing fond of 11-keto dht, and isn't sure he can afford too many other regular purchases!

Oh yeah, by all means, the goal is not to buy every chemical we offer. If you found something that works for your rats then I'd stick with it.

keith

Oh yeah, by all means, the goal is not to buy every chemical we offer. If you found something that works for your rats then I'd stick with it.

Understood; I have a love of experimentation, though. :rolleyes:

Area-1255

Wow this thread has exploded. :eek:
Today (1st day) my rats were applied with 6mg to their beautiful fur, no specific effects, although one of them seems to be a little calmer, and more affectionate.
(and in this case they are really rats)
SWIM, is my second 'rat cage', and this rat is to whom is due on the real 'test'.

Mufasa

Hehe is my rat the only that is doing well on ritanserin? He feel so freaking so smart and confident all the time on ritanserin.

He applied to a job (yeah rats these days :D). He got a job. He is now making real money for the first time in his life.

And I didn't tell my boss about the rats ADHD, and autistic like behaviour in the past. As far as I can tell, he didn't notice. I still live with my parents, and I think that is very good for me in my current situation, but yeah I'm getting better and better. I can't thank you enough haidut. For the first time in god knows how long, I feel like I'm not failing in life. My parents are now at holiday for two weeks, and normally, if I would live alone I would make some freaking chaotic mess here. Just food and stuff everywhere. Now I'm working 8 hours a day, and I keep everything is clean, I feel structured, smart and just very happy :)

Last edited:

Area-1255

Hehe is my rat the only that is doing well on ritanserin? He feel so freaking so smart and confident all the time on ritanserin.

He applied to a job (yeah rats these days :D). He got a job. He is now making real money for the first time in his life.
Wow. Does your rat wear a suit too? I would love to see a rat in a suit!

bluewren

And I didn't tell my boss about the rats ADHD, and autistic like behaviour in the past. As far as I can tell, he didn't notice. I still live with my parents, and I think that is very good for me in my current situation, but yeah I'm getting better and better. I can't thank you enough haidut. For the first time in god knows how long, I feel like I'm not failing in life. My parents are now at holiday for two weeks, and normally, if I would live alone I would make some freaking chaotic mess here. Just food and stuff everywhere. Now I'm working 8 hours a day, and I keep everything is clean, I feel structured, smart and just very happy :)

That is fantastic! Go you @Mufasa

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

This just puts a smile on my face! :-D
Thanks for the feedback, some rats do well on Ritanserin indeed. Good job, and congrats on the new (rat) job!

Area-1255

This just puts a smile on my face! :-D
Thanks for the feedback, some rats do well on Ritanserin indeed. Good job, and congrats on the new (rat) job!
Haidut, you didn't even pay attention to my post. :(

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut, you didn't even pay attention to my post. :(

Ooops, sorry I just saw it. My browser sometimes does not refresh when I reply to a comment and only shows the older comments. Well, thanks for the feedback and looking forward to the real "test" rat's experience. With lisuride finally in stock and about to go online this Thu/Fri there should be plenty of experiments we can run in combination with Ritanserin:):
And I have another serotonin antagonist on its way but won't be i my hands until mid-August.

Area-1255

Ooops, sorry I just saw it. My browser sometimes does not refresh when I reply to a comment and only shows the older comments. Well, thanks for the feedback and looking forward to the real "test" rat's experience. With lisuride finally in stock and about to go online this Thu/Fri there should be plenty of experiments we can run in combination with Ritanserin:)
And I have another serotonin antagonist on its way but won't be i my hands until mid-August.
Haha, I was being a bit sarcastic. Yes m8 it will be good to see what you release next. :)

dand

What type of sides are rats getting from ritanserin? I'm still searching for that magic dosage.

Also, what symptoms do people or rats usually look for to consider themselves needed a serotogenic antagoinist. I am nearly always brimming with motivation and inspiration and definitely don't have learned helplessness and also seldom if never have dilated pupils.

Thoughts ?

I quit this and the keto DHT for awhile. My libido shot up as soon as I did. I'll see how things go. I might try a very small dose in a few days for awhile.

I was fighting constipation, and my normally high libido had fallen to zilch. Today, I feel angry inside, and maybe it's a bit of withdrawal, who can tell. Feels like that may be the case.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What type of sides are rats getting from ritanserin? I'm still searching for that magic dosage.

Also, what symptoms do people or rats usually look for to consider themselves needed a serotogenic antagoinist. I am nearly always brimming with motivation and inspiration and definitely don't have learned helplessness and also seldom if never have dilated pupils.

Thoughts ?

Fever, chills, fatigue, feeling completely beat after a day at work - these are all usually symptoms of rising serotonin. Not sure if you have noticed but adults and children usually feel very tired after intense emotional event and infants often fall asleep after an event that left them disturbed. This is also serotonin at work. Wired but tired feeling at night is also serotonin (and cortisol, which serotonin greatly promotes).
Just my 2c, but I'd also like to hear about other rat symptoms of high serotonin.

scarlettsmum

Also, what symptoms do people or rats usually

Thoughts ?

For me high serotonin is anxiety, depression and being anti-social, avoiding people, staying at home, not wanting to come out, too much effort meeting people, dealing with the world around me. I want to isolate myself as I already feel overstimulated and anything above my isolation and peace and quiet is a stress for me. I also feel paralysed unable to do anything or make any decisions and all that leads to depression for me. I also get a slight ocd from time to time. My daughter is autistic and brother has asperger's and RP says that relatives of autistic children have high serotonin, which does make sense to me.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Has this substance ever been tested on animals or humans to treat addiction?

InChristAlone

For me high serotonin is anxiety, depression and being anti-social, avoiding people, staying at home, not wanting to come out, too much effort meeting people, dealing with the world around me. I want to isolate myself as I already feel overstimulated and anything above my isolation and peace and quiet is a stress for me. I also feel paralysed unable to do anything or make any decisions and all that leads to depression for me. I also get a slight ocd from time to time. My daughter is autistic and brother has asperger's and RP says that relatives of autistic children have high serotonin, which does make sense to me.
I would agree with all of this as well. Cypro is sometimes a miracle substance for this. Although I feel like you absolutely have to increase fuel or there is like this rebound effect thatakes me feel worse the next day. I might try this or the next one, as I think side effects of these drugs can be too difficult to push through if you already have other stressors in life. I wish niacinamide would do all the things cypro does.

Heath

Is there a good dose per kg for canines? I've seen it used, but the doses were either IV or in vitro

lindsay

I received Ritanserin a couple of days ago and have been applying 8 to 10 drops on my rats forearms (right by the wrist blood vessels). Verdict is as follows thus far...... the love-hate relationship with serotonin continues after a long history. My rats feel sad and then feel happy, according to digestion (this is key). Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. Though more time is needed for experimentation....... Also facing a very stressful week, so we'll see how it goes with said rats.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Would this or Lisuride be good in combating high levels of serotonin caused by high levels of endotoxin or would it be better to treat the high levels of endotoxin directly, with charcoal for example?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals