OP
L

Logan-

Really good. They weren’t hard to make at all and even my husband liked them. I froze what we didn’t eat. I like to rotate my carbs.
That’s good to know, thanks for sharing. I freeze things like that too, I just make sure I put it in a robustly airtight bag so the food doesn’t get freezer burn.

revenant

Thanks for sharing. While I have never experienced digestive issues with it, I experienced metabolic problems with rice noodles in the past. Since it is a cooked starch, and so easily digestible, within 30 minutes of eating, it would cause a massive insulin spike, causing reactive hypoglycaemia, hence palpitations and extreme fatigue would follow. Have you ever experienced anything resembling this, with rice noodles?

That sounds more like endotoxemia, I get that from starches sometimes but usually not from rice noodles. Otherwise wouldn't simple sugars cause the same issues? What happens if you drink a can of soda?

OP
L

Logan-

That sounds more like endotoxemia, I get that from starches sometimes but usually not from rice noodles. Otherwise wouldn't simple sugars cause the same issues? What happens if you drink a can of soda?
Starch is pure glucose while table sugar is half glucose and half fructose. Fructose ingestion doesn’t cause an increase in insulin; only glucose does. Hence fruits, fruit juices and sugared beverages don’t cause the same issue for me.

“In contrast to glucose, dietary fructose does NOT stimulate insulin or leptin (which are both important regulators of energy intake and body adiposity).”

Basciano H, Federico L, Adeli K. Fructose, insulin resistance, and metabolic dyslipidemia. Nutr Metab (Lond). 2005;2(1):5. Published 2005 Feb 21. doi:10.1186/1743-7075-2-5

OP
L

Logan-

This is a good analogy:

“Safer” doesn’t mean good. I think RP chose rice to be safer because it digests quicker, not brewing and breading as long as other starches lingering too long. It is like walking on hot coals barefoot, the quicker you are at getting across them, to the other side, the less you’ll get burned.

N

nobody

More detail on cooking rice-

How hazardous are raw and undercooked starches?
RP: Can get premature dementia because arterioles get plugged by starch granules. Cook pasta and rice for 40 minutes. Cook rice until it’s gummy.

OP
L

Logan-

lvysaur

Pho and even Pagoda Lungkow noodles (made from Mung Bean) digest very well.

In general, East Asian cultures have a long history of "refining out" resistant saccharides from foods and making them more digestible. Tofu, Lungkow noodles, konjac, and of course white rice (nobody wants brown rice, a contrast with European wheat preferences), as well as the breeding of short-grain amylopectin rice varieties (among many others). All are extremely digestible

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals