Rapamycin is Fantastic and Worth Trying

Blaine

Oh interesting, I hadn't come across the 1 week on, 1 week off method. Seems like it might be a gentler schedule, and would ensure that all of the drug gets metabolized during the off week.

Regarding body composition, my impression is that rapa causes me to lose fat while not affecting muscle mass, but I need some more time to make observations. Unfortunately during the last 7 months since I started dosing I've either been injured, visiting family, etc, so my workout routine and diet have been all over the map. During the few periods that I was able to get some weightlifting in I noticed that my strength was excellent despite the fact that I had lost a few pounds. Naturally, my gym is now closed for renovations, but as soon as it reopens I'm really looking forward to seeing if I can gain some muscle while on rapa.

On another note, I'm thinking about slightly changing my username, which I guess stops you from posting for 30 days. But I'll give another update in August.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Blaine, sounds good. I definitely feel like my fitness level has increased so that’s why I was surprised that there was zero change reflected on my smart scale. Maybe it’s not very smart after all, who knows! I’m excited to see what comes next for you especially once your able to get back into a workout routine!

sunny

@Blaine, sounds good. I definitely feel like my fitness level has increased so that’s why I was surprised that there was zero change reflected on my smart scale. Maybe it’s not very smart after all, who knows! I’m excited to see what comes next for you especially once your able to get back into a workout routine!
Blossom, would you post a link to the scale you have.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@sunny, this is the first and only smart scale I’ve owned and was recommended by a member here. I really know nothing about smart scales but it was affordable so I bought it last September mainly to keep an eye on any trends in bone or muscle since those are crucial for aging well.

RENPHO Smart Scale for Body Weight, Digital Bathroom Scale BMI Weighing Bluetooth Body Fat Scale, Body Composition Monitor Health Analyzer with Smartphone App, 400 lbs - Black Elis 1 Amazon.com
2D0A239D-7118-432F-9EEB-24878C8BD57A.jpeg

Blaine

Hi all,

I hope everyone is well; I decided to give another update. I had intended to write something up a few weeks ago, but had started to develop a suspicion that my dose had become too high, and wanted to see if taking a short break would improve things (which it did).

In my last report in late July, I believe I had gradually increased the dose to 3mg/wk, and in fact on the day of writing had just taken 4mg, which I proceeded to bump up to 5mg in subsequent weeks. However, I began to notice that many of the salubrious effects I detailed in my previous post started to decline or even reverse. For example, my hair started to look limp, I began to randomly feel discomfort in my joints, my voice grew weaker, and I noticed that I was storing a bit of extra fat around my midsection. Worst of all, I felt less mentally sharp and energetic, and noticed that I was putting things off rather than just taking care of them straightaway.

At first I wasn't entirely sure if the rapamycin was to blame, as I had also embarked on some ill-fated experiments with oral vitamin E and caffeine, which always backfire on me, as I apparently must periodically rediscover. However, I then noticed that my gums, which had become much healthier and less sensitive since beginning rapa, were becoming lighter in color, and that I was even developing some tooth sensitivity. This seemed like a smoking gun that implicated rapamycin, as no other supplement or health intervention has noticeably affected my oral health.

I then proceeded to skip a week of dosing, and immediately saw an improvement in symptoms, with my gums darkening again, etc. I have just taken a 1mg dose some hours ago, and am planning to slowly increase back up to 3mg/wk. I'm currently feeling very good, if not quite as sharp as I was on 2/3mg/wk, so I am hoping to recreate that health status over the next few weeks.

It does seem very strange that I seem to be so sensitive to rapamycin, but a potential explanation occurred to me while I was writing this. About a month ago, I began including a plate of beef jerky, liberally sprinkled with salt with my mid-day and evening meals. My intention was just to incorporate some more salt into my diet in a somewhat palatable way, but I was surprised to find that my digestion promptly improved, with my BMs becoming nearly flawless and regular. I also noticed that my previously poor caffeine tolerance had become greatly upgraded, which seems to suggest that the extra protein was really helping my liver.

I wonder if my sensitivity to higher doses of rapamycin were due to poor liver function, which was preventing me from metabolizing it in a timely manner. If this is the case, it might be worth attempting a dose higher than 3mg again, while maintaining a higher-protein diet, although I definitely will be dropping the dose if things start going south again.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi all,

I hope everyone is well; I decided to give another update. I had intended to write something up a few weeks ago, but had started to develop a suspicion that my dose had become too high, and wanted to see if taking a short break would improve things (which it did).

In my last report in late July, I believe I had gradually increased the dose to 3mg/wk, and in fact on the day of writing had just taken 4mg, which I proceeded to bump up to 5mg in subsequent weeks. However, I began to notice that many of the salubrious effects I detailed in my previous post started to decline or even reverse. For example, my hair started to look limp, I began to randomly feel discomfort in my joints, my voice grew weaker, and I noticed that I was storing a bit of extra fat around my midsection. Worst of all, I felt less mentally sharp and energetic, and noticed that I was putting things off rather than just taking care of them straightaway.

At first I wasn't entirely sure if the rapamycin was to blame, as I had also embarked on some ill-fated experiments with oral vitamin E and caffeine, which always backfire on me, as I apparently must periodically rediscover. However, I then noticed that my gums, which had become much healthier and less sensitive since beginning rapa, were becoming lighter in color, and that I was even developing some tooth sensitivity. This seemed like a smoking gun that implicated rapamycin, as no other supplement or health intervention has noticeably affected my oral health.

I then proceeded to skip a week of dosing, and immediately saw an improvement in symptoms, with my gums darkening again, etc. I have just taken a 1mg dose some hours ago, and am planning to slowly increase back up to 3mg/wk. I'm currently feeling very good, if not quite as sharp as I was on 2/3mg/wk, so I am hoping to recreate that health status over the next few weeks.

It does seem very strange that I seem to be so sensitive to rapamycin, but a potential explanation occurred to me while I was writing this. About a month ago, I began including a plate of beef jerky, liberally sprinkled with salt with my mid-day and evening meals. My intention was just to incorporate some more salt into my diet in a somewhat palatable way, but I was surprised to find that my digestion promptly improved, with my BMs becoming nearly flawless and regular. I also noticed that my previously poor caffeine tolerance had become greatly upgraded, which seems to suggest that the extra protein was really helping my liver.

I wonder if my sensitivity to higher doses of rapamycin were due to poor liver function, which was preventing me from metabolizing it in a timely manner. If this is the case, it might be worth attempting a dose higher than 3mg again, while maintaining a higher-protein diet, although I definitely will be dropping the dose if things start going south again.
That’s really interesting! Thanks for the update. I’m waiting to get my blood work done next week before posting an update but everything is going well. I’ve recently increased my protein intake too with good results.
I noticed a break from rapamycin while we were on vacation didn’t set my dog back at all and in fact seemed to do him some good as if he came back stronger. He’s thriving and gets quite excited when I get it out of the package of medicine. It might be that he’s expecting the treat that comes with it though.
I’ve noticed a lot of people taking rapamycin seem to take periodic breaks so there’s probably some advantage to doing that. One thing I’ve read proposed is that for longevity purposes it’s desirable to have cycles of peak mTOR and low mTOR mimicking more closely how the body responded in youth rather than keeping it constantly high as occurs in aging. It’s definitely interesting.

EvanHinkle

Interesting what both of you have said about breaks. I’ve settled into simply ordering more when I run out, (so my break is the length of time it takes to get to me). Something about that seems right. When I take it without interruption it seems as though the positive effects wane for me.

Blaine

I think I read something similar about taking breaks (might be from a Dr. Blagosklonny on Twitter, though I can't quite remember), and it kind of makes sense intuitively, especially for something with a long half-life. I'll have to figure out how often I should take breaks, although I'll probably just end up skipping doses while traveling or during holidays etc.

EvanHinkle

I think I read something similar about taking breaks (might be from a Dr. Blagosklonny on Twitter, though I can't quite remember), and it kind of makes sense intuitively, especially for something with a long half-life. I'll have to figure out how often I should take breaks, although I'll probably just end up skipping doses while traveling or during holidays etc.
Yeah, I heard about the idea of taking breaks from some of the Rapa experts’ podcasts last year. Seems like the research suggests taking Rapa at all in any way is ultimately beneficial.

No_Energy

The brand name is still very expensive. Where are guys buying Rapamycin? Are there good internet sources or only at the pharmacy with prescription?..

sunny

The brand name is still very expensive. Where are guys buying Rapamycin? Are there good internet sources or only at the pharmacy with prescription?..
Go over to rapamycin. news and you can find sources there.

Texon

@Tarmander

Glad to hear you and Bryan. Another nice episode and very much welcome. You do great research and experimentation, and your coverage on antibiotics in your previous podcast is a must see for anyone thinking on doing some therapy with it. If only to know the gotchas involved.

This podcast adds to that base greatly. I can't help but appreciate the fungal element in this, which is something of late I have been focusing on.

Medical infectious conversations usually revolve around bacteria and viruses. Fungi are deliberate afterthoughts. And because of this, infections have staying power. And even when we're not considered sick, they still are expressed but are unacknowledged in chronic conditions, especially in those that are solely attributed to metabolic causes.

Perhaps that is why Rapamycin has this subtle effect of improving such conditions.

While I have no doubt Rapamycin works, I have been approaching the fungal and infectious element from the herbal level, reading and learning from the aromatherapy perspective of using essential oils. I continue to work on lowering my high BP, a quest where the journey brings me benefits along the way.

Just a few weeks after using suppositories infused with select essential oils with antimicrobial properties, I saw all subtle joint pains disappear. It is a great feeling having zero pain walking up steep stairs which makes one feel old and creaky. The multi-modal pathways involved in whole herbs does an effective job that compares well or may even outdo the usual single isolated substance that pharmacy always has to approach solutions with. This time, the fungal cause is being addressed.

This is an approach much less pharmaceutical and less "scientific" and serves us just as well.

Not much is said about the relationship between microbial health and metabolic health, but I'm coming to appreciate that how one aspect gets better has a lot to do with the other. Healing involves jump starting one to have a noticeable salutary effect on the other, with the other improving well enough to give back to its partner. A.vicious cycle is halted, and a virtuous cycle has.begun. From disease to health.
What does the herbal combo consist of?

TAG145

Forum Supporter
I know there is info within these threads about best place to order and decided to go with ADC. Are there more recent experiences with somewhere better? I put in an order 2 weeks ago with ADC and wondering about how long before you received it? Very eager for my dog to start this (and others😉). 10 yo Flat Coated Retriever. Breed has health issues and the fact that he is 10 yo is amazing...I'd like to keep him having a great quality of life for however long that is.
Thank you.

Sumbody

I know there is info within these threads about best place to order and decided to go with ADC. Are there more recent experiences with somewhere better? I put in an order 2 weeks ago with ADC and wondering about how long before you received it? Very eager for my dog to start this (and others😉). 10 yo Flat Coated Retriever. Breed has health issues and the fact that he is 10 yo is amazing...I'd like to keep him having a great quality of life for however long that is.
Thank you.
I ordered about 2.5 weeks ago, I am in the US and just received it today, although the shipping estimate said sometime early October.

So I received mine much quicker than expected.

Birdie

Thank you.
I started reading the thread and ordered mine right away. That was about 2 weeks ago and mine came yesterday. Also in US. This was the fastest ADC has delivered to me. It came from France this time and that might explain the speed. Now, I've read the thread twice and watched quite a bit of the beginning video as well as reading several threads that people linked. Thank you all.

@Blossom and others, I did run into this: I am a soldier: my battle with cancer (Introduction, P.S., Abstract) - Dr. Blagosklonny, M.D., Ph.D.

As for me, I started this morning with 1 mg. My husband same. I felt weirdly relaxingly tired as others have reported and also the same feeling that my body was overall stronger.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Birdie,
That’s wonderful for both you and your husband. We are all doing well on it at my house. I had hoped to get blood work done in early September but my doctor didn’t see any indication for it so I was just going to order it myself. The doctor made these comments at my follow up visit last month “you’re my healthiest patient, your hair and skin look great, you look vibrant and have an aura of radiance.”
He’s known me since 2016 and never said those things besides I’m his healthiest patient which was in February of this year.
Anyway my youngest dog who is 3.5y and not on rapa started having bladder issues and $2k later I’ve yet to get my own blood work done! Hopefully soon. All the other markers I’m tracking are good and improving. Let us know how it goes for your family please!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Birdie, I was sadly aware of Dr. B’s cancer situation and I’ve been following his story. He’s a former cigarette smoker and has had a pulmonary nodule that he blew off/ignored for quite some time unfortunately. It seems like he’s doing well right now and hopefully continues to do so. I’m looking forward to reading his updates as they come out.

Ania

I started reading the thread and ordered mine right away. That was about 2 weeks ago and mine came yesterday. Also in US. This was the fastest ADC has delivered to me. It came from France this time and that might explain the speed. Now, I've read the thread twice and watched quite a bit of the beginning video as well as reading several threads that people linked. Thank you all.

@Blossom and others, I did run into this: I am a soldier: my battle with cancer (Introduction, P.S., Abstract) - Dr. Blagosklonny, M.D., Ph.D.

As for me, I started this morning with 1 mg. My husband same. I felt weirdly relaxingly tired as others have reported and also the same feeling that my body was overall stronger.
Birdie, did you order in France? I am in Poland, and I cannot order anything from outside the European Union. But I could order from France. However, I never found a source in Europe.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals