1. 100 grams of protein

2. 200 grams of carbs

3. Under 6 grams of pufa

Anybody?

tara

OP
Brandon

Brandon

You are correct, it does not look like a 'peat-like' diet. Sorry, I didn't intend to imply that this was the only thing I would eat.

I'm asking how can I make sure to get (in my diet) at least 100 grams of (good) protein and 200 grams of carbs?

OP
Brandon

Brandon

Thanks,

I've read from Ray that 80-100 grams of protein is a good range to strive for.

Let's just say 100g for the sake of convo.

And let's say that the "right amount" of carbs is twice the amount of protein (to presumably counteract the "insulinogenic effects of protein"). So, 200g carbs. Just rock with me for a second.

My original question was: What types of foods/drinks can I eat in a single day to achieve 100g of protein and 200g carbs?...I know there is more to consider, like calcium, copper, vitamins, pufa, iron, phosphate, etc. However, I'm just asking about protein and carbs in this question. I am assuming that I can start with these two nutrients first as a foundation, then add complexity to account for the other stuff.

I figure that at least two quarts of milk will give me like 30 grams of protein, roughly.
Two eggs will give me like 12 grams. So, 42...
Ok, so what next ?

And then for carbs?
I can do orange juice and ripe fruit.
What else?

I've tried different scenarios on cronometer.com, but can't find a PRACTICAL diet that will get me 100g of protein and 200g of carbs. "Practical," meaning I can do it in 3-4 meals without feeling like I'm overeating.

Any thoughts on this particular question?

That was all I was asking for. Thanks.

PeatThemAll

YMMV, but I'm on the recovery side of Every Other Day fasting, Intermittent Fasting, Warrior Diet and such. I used to think I didn't need that many calories (hey, I'm around 20 on the BMI scale, so I've got some fat reserves, so I'll just take the minimum effective dose for protein, carbs, vitamins and the rest). You'd be surprised how subtly the body will dissolve lean body mass *before* touching its fat reserves. Take in enough calories. See it as Lean Body Mass insurance.

tara

Variations on this could get you quite close. Along with a couple of eggs.
Ray's Quick Therapy Diet: 2 Quarts Of Milk And 2 Quarts Of Orange Juice Per Day
I think 2l milk gives 60+g protein.
You could add a bit of gelatine/collagen hydrolysate and more fruit or sucrose or honey if required.
If that's too much liquid, you could condense some of the milk.

"Practical," meaning I can do it in 3-4 meals without feeling like I'm overeating.
Anyone who feels as though <1300 cals is overeating may be in danger of starvation and may need help with this.

OP
Brandon

Brandon

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 5.23.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-11 at 5.25.29 PM.png

64 oz is 2 quarts, right ?

'i pretty much eat 100g of protein a day and as many carbs as I can get. Within my appetite. Fruit, cooked fruit, potatoes, some bread now and then, honey, juice, Coke. I'm slowly losing weight.

I'm doing the "PUFA depletion" thing. I expect a whoosh at some point, maybe in a month or so.

OP
Brandon

Brandon

'i pretty much eat 100g of protein a day and as many carbs as I can get. Within my appetite. Fruit, cooked fruit, potatoes, some bread now and then, honey, juice, Coke. I'm slowly losing weight.
Nice, Ecstatichmaster... What are the main foods for your 100g of protein?

Nice, Ecstatichmaster... What are the main foods for your 100g of protein?

casein powder, Fage greek yogurt, cooked fruit, fresh fruit, orange juice, a little fish or meat, potatoes, a few sprouted corn tortillas, lots and lots of honey in my coffee, and lots of collagen.

OP
Brandon

Brandon

Ok
casein powder, Fage greek yogurt, cooked fruit, fresh fruit, orange juice, a little fish or meat, potatoes, a few sprouted corn tortillas, lots and lots of honey in my coffee, and lots of collagen.

Cool thanks for sharing that. I think I'm going to avoid meat for the most part, but have liver and oyster once a week.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals