Your opinion on the Protein Leverage Hypothesis?

success23

Hello.

For those who don;t know the protein leverage hypothesis states that the body is making you eat until you consume a certain amount of protein which is around 15-20% of your daily calorie intake.
What is your opinion about this? Ray recomends around 80-100 grams of protein daily which is around 10-20% of the caloric intake of an average person.
I did a little experiment today and consumed 140 grams of protein for breakfast and lunch with around 200 grams of carbs and little bit of fat and hunger is greatly reduced.

Your opinions?

Eberhardt

sounds like an adrenonergic resposns surpressing appetite. the body needs carbs to avoid activating the hpa axis. I personally on a more anectodal level need more calories if I dont eat carbs as I feel unsatisfied. (but I sure need protein too)

Michael Mohn

Hello.

For those who don;t know the protein leverage hypothesis states that the body is making you eat until you consume a certain amount of protein which is around 15-20% of your daily calorie intake.
What is your opinion about this? Ray recomends around 80-100 grams of protein daily which is around 10-20% of the caloric intake of an average person.
I did a little experiment today and consumed 140 grams of protein for breakfast and lunch with around 200 grams of carbs and little bit of fat and hunger is greatly reduced.

Your opinions?
Seems not to work in a lot of people, older people, young women. Seems easily overridden by emotional, psychological factors and age.

GreekDemiGod

I think what you're simply talking is the satiety effect of protein.
Interesting, I remember a video from Frank Tufano (carnivore youtuber) from 2019 where he was advising to always eat the protein first from your plate. Don't remember the reasoning behind and if was something to optimize fat loss or not.

OP
S

success23

I think what you're simply talking is the satiety effect of protein.
Interesting, I remember a video from Frank Tufano (carnivore youtuber) from 2019 where he was advising to always eat the protein first from your plate. Don't remember the reasoning behind and if was something to optimize fat loss or not.
It lowers the rate of stomach emptying if you have your protein first.