How Can I Eat 5000 Calories A Day And Lose Weight?

Razvan

So I’ve been eating pretty peaty since a few months and I think my metabolism is really good from it. I decided a week ago to eat like a horse a ***t ton of food like 5000 calories from potatoes , ice cream , rice , fruits and a lot of saturated fat. Like 500 grams of carbs 250 grams of sat fat and 200 of protein everyday. My weight at the start was 88.2 kg, now after a week eating like this is 87.3 kg.
Can someone explain why this happened? By the way I’m 19.

Dino D

My first guess is that your calorie count is wrong...
Second, its basicaly the same weight... drink water, pee ***t, eat, water retantion whatever, you can change weight 1-2kg trough the day

Jeemmy

Are you actually digesting that food? If you just ***t it down the toilet it's like you haven't eaten it

Kingpinguin

Why ? Please explain
How much should I get ?

I think I could likely eat 5000 calories per day and not gain weight and im 27. Havent tried it though but I feel I can eat anything without gaining. If your count is right I would say its coz your young with good metabolism. Are you exercising? That would make more sense. How tall are you? Theres athletes eating 10k calories per day. So 5k is doable. Most people are likely suffering from compromised metabolism combined with sedentary lifestyle and work. That what 2500 calories per day come from. If your young male you could likely be minimum 3000 and anywhere between 3000-5000 of you do some heavy weight lifting. If I eat 3000 calories or more per day mixed sat fat and carbs my testosterone levels go up and stay up a lot more aswell.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

I think I could likely eat 5000 calories per day and not gain weight and im 27. Havent tried it though but I feel I can eat anything without gaining. If your count is right I would say its coz your young with good metabolism. Are you exercising? That would make more sense. How tall are you? Theres athletes eating 10k calories per day. So 5k is doable. Most people are likely suffering from compromised metabolism combined with sedentary lifestyle and work. That what 2500 calories per day come from. If your young male you could likely be minimum 3000 and anywhere between 3000-5000 of you do some heavy weight lifting. If I eat 3000 calories or more per day mixed sat fat and carbs my testosterone levels go up and stay up a lot more aswell.
I’m 6foot 3 nearly 200lbs , 19 years old working out 3 times a week mainly bodybuilding.

Dino D

I have to say it again... THIS IS NOT WEIGHT LOSS... it is the same WEIGHT... when you lose 3-5 kg or more than post :D no offense, but as I said weight can warry every day for 1-2 kg based on 100 factors...

OP
Razvan

Razvan

I have to say it again... THIS IS NOT WEIGHT LOSS... it is the same WEIGHT... when you lose 3-5 kg or more than post :D no offense, but as I said weight can warry every day for 1-2 kg based on 100 factors...
For example yesterday I lowered the calories to 3000 and today I lost already 1,3kg wtf

Maybe less water retention from all the pro-metabolic things. Better metabolism= less retention.

OP
Razvan

Razvan

Maybe less water retention from all the pro-metabolic things. Better metabolism= less retention.
I can tell you something ; when I upped my calories like that I got like a huge testosterone boost ,my face was very lean and I was sweating.

ebs

Validation for good metabolism provided and secured. Have a nice day and enjoy the 5000 calories without gaining weight. :grinning:

Kelj

I can eat 5000 calories per day and not gain weight. Everyone will be able to do so if their metabolisms are not suppressed through low calorie eating. If someone wants their metabolism to be optimal, they must start eating over the minimum amount needed for age, height and gender. 2,500 is the minimum for an over 25 years of age woman. If she is under age 25, she needs 3000 minimum. A man over25 needs 3000. A man under 25, 3500. If you are over 5'8 and female, you need 200 calories more, minimum. If male and over 6 feet, you also need to add 200 calories. You will, in no way harm yourself if you eat over these amounts. If you have been suppressing your metabolism by eating under these amounts, you might put on some weight, a great deal of it will be water weight. This weight is temporary and for the purpose of improving your health. The weight will come up, if needed or down, if needed to become your optimal weight set point, which can vary day by day by five pounds or so, up and down.

Cirion

@Kelj

I hope this isn't too personal to ask but what is your age, height, and current weight/average activity level?

Thanks.

5000 calories and not gain weight is impressive for a woman at any age or height but just curious. Would be super impressive if you were like 30-40+ and short, but I'd still be impressed even if in your 20s and like 6 foot.

As you know from PM's, I'm now more or less sold on your approaches and off to also prove that one can indeed eat their way to health.

Everyone else can have fun with their calorie deficits and excess exercise. I'm over that life. :cool:

Last edited:

Kelj

I will be a little vague about these answers because specific numbers tend to "trigger" the competitive nature of those who typically have eating disorders, and cause them to relapse. But, I think my answers can give many hope that you can recover, no matter what. I am middle-aged and was middle-aged when I began recovery. I am 5'3". I am in the range of weight considered ideal for my age and height. I do necessary daily chores and activities and only what I consider fun, like a game of tennis, occasionally. When I was recovering, I did only necessary daily chores, no discretionary activity. I gained all my muscle back that I had lost while restricting. I achieved my natural, female, gynoid shape after losing the abdominal fat which accumulated at the beginning of recovery. Many signs of aging that had been accumulating too early completely reversed themselves. No more arthritis, rosacea, wrinkles, dry skin and lipofuscin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals