Lowering High Blood Sugar

Katty

OK then, I just bought 2 brands of 500mg niacinamide pills at iHerb... my plan for the summer will be - no food after 2pm, long walks, niacinamide, bone broth (glycine). Oh, and very low fat. I'll give it another try.
By September 1 will be back with results :)
Hi @Serge - I know this post is about a year old, but wondering if you had updates on your blood sugar status. Did this protocol work for you?

Serge

Hi @Serge - I know this post is about a year old, but wondering if you had updates on your blood sugar status. Did this protocol work for you?
To an extent :) I am going with very little oil, definitely less than bodybuilders have during their "drying" season. My general conclusion is this: it does not matter much. You eat fat - it prevents you from sucking up sugars quickly - so you don't develop a huge sugar spike. But it is still big, and lasts longer. There is nothing that is comparable in giving me high morning sugar as pasta made of hard wheat eaten the night before. Fat, not fat - does not matter.
Or, you eat no fat - you will have a bigger sugar spike, and it will fall fast and in the morning BG might be very nice. But you will still have a major sugar spike if you eat rice. Still insulin resistance.
You know what bothers me? There is so much TALKING about having cured diabetes. Vegan, carnivore, I don't care. And all I say is - do it on camera, show me
1) you had diabetes (some document or just a statement, I'm ready to believe)
2) now you eat a plate of rice/potato. A small one will do.
3) after 2 hour do a blood test and show me you BG.
That is really all it takes. Where are all those people? :) I know that Ray Peat's father cured his diabetes by eating yeast. What do I do with this information?

I don’t have it but I have helped others cure their diabetes. From 350 fasting glucose to 120 and heading down. No hypoglycemic episodes, no medications. I have helped a number of people do it. The key is to include a lipolysis inhibition strategy along with high carb low fat diet. Pyrocet works very well for this. It is a temporary measure anyway. The blood sugar improvements are permanent and people can drink juice or soda and be absolutely normal in terms of the blood sugar curve.

Serge

I don’t have it but I have helped others cure their diabetes. From 350 fasting glucose to 120 and heading down. No hypoglycemic episodes, no medications. I have helped a number of people do it. The key is to include a lipolysis inhibition strategy along with high carb low fat diet. Pyrocet works very well for this. It is a temporary measure anyway. The blood sugar improvements are permanent and people can drink juice or soda and be absolutely normal in terms of the blood sugar curve.
see my previous comment, items 1, 2, 3.
It's not hard to do at all these days.

Katty

To an extent :) I am going with very little oil, definitely less than bodybuilders have during their "drying" season. My general conclusion is this: it does not matter much. You eat fat - it prevents you from sucking up sugars quickly - so you don't develop a huge sugar spike. But it is still big, and lasts longer. There is nothing that is comparable in giving me high morning sugar as pasta made of hard wheat eaten the night before. Fat, not fat - does not matter.
Or, you eat no fat - you will have a bigger sugar spike, and it will fall fast and in the morning BG might be very nice. But you will still have a major sugar spike if you eat rice. Still insulin resistance.
You know what bothers me? There is so much TALKING about having cured diabetes. Vegan, carnivore, I don't care. And all I say is - do it on camera, show me
1) you had diabetes (some document or just a statement, I'm ready to believe)
2) now you eat a plate of rice/potato. A small one will do.
3) after 2 hour do a blood test and show me you BG.
That is really all it takes. Where are all those people? :) I know that Ray Peat's father cured his diabetes by eating yeast. What do I do with this information?
@Serge Thanks for your response. It seems that fat does keep me from spiking as quickly... but like you noted, there is often a delayed spike with the fat and then I'm elevated for longer. I feel it's safer to have a short spike from the sugar/starch, as long as it comes down quickly. But I'm not really sure about how much damage is being done during a short spike... especially if the spikes are happening daily/frequently.

So, you think that the niacinamide helped somewhat with controlling blood sugar? How about for fat loss (if that was a goal for you)? Still taking the niacinamide?