If Starch Is Bad And Fructose Questionable, How To Get Enough Of Glucose?

Elephanto

Ok, I tried on for forty eight hours abd the lentils led to significantly less gas, but it still slowed things down probably because of the fiber adsault. A cup of yellow dry lentils in a single sitting may be pushing it although it has proteins, nutrients , carbs and is cheap, so pretty convenient if it worked. I haven't noticed the rancid appearance but then I didn't try beans nor storing them in the fridge. Since you also pick basmati rice over jasmine perhaps you do fine with carbs which are tougher to digest.
Basmati is tougher to digest ? I picked it because Jasmine rice is one of the most starchy varieties and Basmati has the lowest amount. Maybe combining it with coconut oil helps to lubricate and make digestion easier. Basmati is also mostly amylose while Jasmine has more amylopectin. Amylose-based starch shows beneficial metabolic effects :
Fasting triglyceride concentrations were significantly lower in subjects who consumed the high-amylose compared with the standard-starch diet throughout the study. Chronic consumption of high-amylose foods normalized the insulin response of hyperinsulinemic subjects and showed a potential benefit for diabetic subjects.
Effect of long-term consumption of amylose vs amylopectin starch on metabolic variables in human subjects. - PubMed - NCBI
Amylopectin :
Amylopectin starch promotes the development of insulin resistance in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

edit : To correct, small grains rice are mostly amylopectin/almost no amylose. Jasmine is a long grain but has more amylopectin than other long grain types. Amylopectin produces stickiness and Jasmine "is about three times stickier than American long-grain rice."
Basmati, of all types, is the highest in amylose and lowest in amylopectin.

Usually combining fiber with antiseptics will have a beneficial effect as it latches to toxins and moves undigested for excretion. A bit of coconut/olive oil, salt, ginger powder or sometimes parlsey/coriander/curry are my usual choices. Fiber intake also correlates with SHBG which is downregulated in Insulin resistance which can be caused by Endotoxins, hinting at a reduction. I do believe it works in a bell curve where a small amount is beneficial but too much is detrimental; a reason for my high ratio of rice:legumes (I also eat them on average once every other day but I've had no problem when eaten everyday) Traditional cultures also combine fiber with antiseptics.

Last edited:

Wagner83

Basmati is tougher to digest ? I picked it because Jasmine rice is one of the most starchy varieties and Basmati has the lowest amount. Maybe combining it with coconut oil helps to lubricate and make digestion easier. Basmati is also mostly amylose while Jasmine has more amylopectin. Amylose-based starch shows beneficial metabolic effects :

Effect of long-term consumption of amylose vs amylopectin starch on metabolic variables in human subjects. - PubMed - NCBI
Amylopectin :
Amylopectin starch promotes the development of insulin resistance in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

edit : To correct, small grains rice are mostly amylopectin/almost no amylose. Jasmine is a long grain but has more amylopectin than other long grain types. Amylopectin produces stickiness and Jasmine "is about three times stickier than American long-grain rice."
Basmati, of all types, is the highest in amylose and lowest in amylopectin.

Usually combining fiber with antiseptics will have a beneficial effect as it latches to toxins and moves undigested for excretion. A bit of coconut/olive oil, salt, ginger powder or sometimes parlsey/coriander/curry are my usual choices. Fiber intake also correlates with SHBG which is downregulated in Insulin resistance which can be caused by Endotoxins, hinting at a reduction. I do believe it works in a bell curve where a small amount is beneficial but too much is detrimental; a reason for my high ratio of rice:legumes (I also eat them on average once every other day but I've had no problem when eaten everyday) Traditional cultures also combine fiber with antiseptics.
Thanks for the links.
Here are a few words from tyw:
Natalie Zimmerman: "The Woefully Misguided War On Carbohydrates"
Fructose Alters Brain Genes Negatively. How To Counter This From Peat Perspective?
Rice Or Potatoes, In Your Opinion?

Elephanto

@Wagner83
Thanks for those links too, I'm about so start an experiment avoiding all dietary opioid agonists (cocoa, milk, gluten, meat, beer, spinach etc) which I was almost already doing except one thing and that is rice albumin from the protein fraction of rice. I bought some rice vermicellis that only have 1g of protein per 63g of carbs and plan to switch to a ratio of 1-2:1 vermicellis legumes and a bit more veggies and oats. Should be interesting based on Nietzsche's quote that a diet based on rice leads to opium addiction. At the same time, I should be able to test the effects of low amylose rice.
Opioid receptor ligands derived from food proteins. - PubMed - NCBI

I might have another tip about legumes. How are the legumes shape when you eat them ? Personally I always cook them enough so that the final product, once dehydrated, is mud-like (doesn't sound apetitizing but the taste is good) and they have pretty much completely lost their original shape. I think this might increase their easy digestibility as it shows a significant neutralization of the shell. In the first 10 or so minutes that I boil them at high temperature, I also keep on removing the thick foam that it is released. Then I lower the temperature for about 15-20 more minutes.

Wagner83

@Wagner83
Thanks for those links too, I'm about so start an experiment avoiding all dietary opioid agonists (cocoa, milk, gluten, meat, beer, spinach etc) which I was almost already doing except one thing and that is rice albumin from the protein fraction of rice. I bought some rice vermicellis that only have 1g of protein per 63g of carbs and plan to switch to a ratio of 1-2:1 vermicellis legumes and a bit more veggies and oats. Should be interesting based on Nietzsche's quote that a diet based on rice leads to opium addiction. At the same time, I should be able to test the effects of low amylose rice.
Opioid receptor ligands derived from food proteins. - PubMed - NCBI

I might have another tip about legumes. How are the legumes shape when you eat them ? Personally I always cook them enough so that the final product, once dehydrated, is mud-like (doesn't sound apetitizing but the taste is good) and they have pretty much completely lost their original shape. I think this might increase their easy digestibility as it shows a significant neutralization of the shell. In the first 10 or so minutes that I boil them at high temperature, I also keep on removing the thick foam that it is released. Then I lower the temperature for about 15-20 more minutes.
Have you considered adding coffee or even caffeine-free coffee? How do you eat oats, do you cook them? They're high in omega 6 from what I remember. Keep us updated.

They don't lose their shape but after they've been soaked I usually cook them for at the very least one hour, at some point they feel edible, kind of sand-like when eaten. I tried the baking soda, it does work but I noticed the rancid smell as you did. I wonder why that is, I hadn't noticed it from ACV or lemon juice. Maybe the baking soda is more effective than the other ones as the reduced cooking time suggests.

Elephanto

@Wagner83 You should probably change the water once in the middle of the process, I think it simply removes the bad stuff out of legumes and into the water more than acids or at least quicker. The rancid look (not the smell) I mentioned was with using acids actually, while keeping it too long in the refrigerator.

I do drink one or 2 coffee daily, I feel the urge to drink one after eating a dietary opioid agonist. Balances the state they induce and I've posted a study that shows it contains opioid antagonists. That said, it still seems like a good idea to avoid/limit such agonists. In my experience, the pleasant effect also disappears with an habitual high consumption of the most potent ones like casomorphins where the effect becomes more defined by High Histamine thinking.

Yeah oats aren't ideal but it is more of a functional food, and my idea was about a cup once a week, which would average to 0.5g of PUFA daily. Replacing a vermicellis+legumes meal on a given day. They are one of the rare important sources of Silica which is effective to prevent calcification. Their viscuosity can sometimes sooth the gut linings which has long-term effects in my experience. They have other interesting properties in TCM, and components (beta-glucan) that increase the number of Natural Killer cells, an essential factor in healthy immune responses. I don't think I'll have much to update about because I was essentially already eating them at this rate but sometimes forgetting. And yes, cooked in water for 3-4 minutes since they're quick oats.

Effects of oat beta-glucan on innate immunity and infection after exercise stress. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

Wagner83

@Wagner83 You should probably change the water once in the middle of the process, I think it simply removes the bad stuff out of legumes and into the water more than acids or at least quicker. The rancid look (not the smell) I mentioned was with using acids actually, while keeping it too long in the refrigerator.

I do drink one or 2 coffee daily, I feel the urge to drink one after eating a dietary opioid agonist. Balances the state they induce and I've posted a study that shows it contains opioid antagonists. That said, it still seems like a good idea to avoid/limit such agonists. In my experience, the pleasant effect also disappears with an habitual high consumption of the most potent ones like casomorphins where the effect becomes more defined by High Histamine thinking.

Yeah oats aren't ideal but it is more of a functional food, and my idea was about a cup once a week, which would average to 0.5g of PUFA daily. Replacing a vermicellis+legumes meal on a given day. They are one of the rare important sources of Silica which is effective to prevent calcification. Their viscuosity can sometimes sooth the gut linings which has long-term effects in my experience. They have other interesting properties in TCM, and components (beta-glucan) that increase the number of Natural Killer cells, an essential factor in healthy immune responses. I don't think I'll have much to update about because I was essentially already eating them at this rate but sometimes forgetting. And yes, cooked in water for 3-4 minutes since they're quick oats.

Effects of oat beta-glucan on innate immunity and infection after exercise stress. - PubMed - NCBI
Ok I did notice a rancid smell but then I stored it at room temperature.

I meant keep us updated on how eating vermicelli fares compared to eating rice.

Elephanto

Ok I did notice a rancid smell but then I stored it at room temperature.

I meant keep us updated on how eating vermicelli fares compared to eating rice.

The idea behind putting them in the refrigerator is that it prevents fermentation (and so sprouting in long-term). Maybe some level of fermentation could explain negative effects you experienced in the past.