And one time he said 2 carbs to 1 protein

So usually my meal is about 80 g protein

So I should eat 80 g of sugar to 160 or

So for example mostly my sugars come from Orange juice

So 5 to 10 cups with every meal ?

I'm just asking
Any thoughts ?

So if I'm eating 250 g protein a day

How many grams of sugars should I consume minimum??!

paymanz

I even heard from other guys mentioned 3_5:1 carb to protein as what is good ratio in peats view!

I think people with high stress hormones need more carbs initially to shut down adrenals....and then as peat says with lowering adrenalin you stop "wasteful" metabolism,at that state you can increase protein to carb ratio.

At that state of wasteful metabolism you can't even utilize the protein!

dbh25

Thanks for replying
I'm 240 pound
I'm planning to lose about 20 pound
But ray said 1 g for a pound
Amnt right?
Is it 1g protein per lb target weight or current weight?
I usually go for lower, like closer to 1 g / kg weight.

raypeatclips

I remember haidut mentioning 30g per protein per meal was a good aim, any higher and you may have ammonia issues, stress hormone issues. Peat has recommended 80g protein per day a lot, but has also mentioned 100 and 150g per day. I personally think 250g is overkill and 80g per meal will probably increase stress hormones a lot. But as people say, personal experimentation is better than what anybody on here says.

dbh25

For example what do you eat on 1 whole day ?
To get around 80g protein each day, I eat from a group of foods, so it's not the same each day. That group of foods is steel cut oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, red meat, liver, shrimp, oysters, cheese, boiled potatoes/sweet potatoes, raw almonds, dark chocolate, +3-4 pieces of fruit. I wasn't trying for 80g, I started tracking macros based on what I typically eat and it came in around 80g. (I weigh close to 80kg)

OP
Bahaa El wazzan
To get around 80g protein each day, I eat from a group of foods, so it's not the same each day. That group of foods is steel cut oatmeal, yogurt, eggs, red meat, liver, shrimp, oysters, cheese, boiled potatoes/sweet potatoes, raw almonds, dark chocolate, +3-4 pieces of fruit. I wasn't trying for 80g, I started tracking macros based on what I typically eat and it came in around 80g. (I weigh close to 80kg)
@dbh25

Thanks man :)

Gl;itch.e

Hard training athletes he recommended up to 1g per pound of bodyweight. I think he has said the military studies showed about 120-150 being a recommended allowance for most combat soldiers to offset potential muscle loss.

As carbs/sugar goes up the need for protein goes down generally. I don't think you'd need much more than 200g protein max if you are getting a decent amount of carbs with it.