How Can I Eat 5000 Calories A Day And Lose Weight?

mbachiu

This video might be interesting for people wondering about the all in approach. These two are not Peaty, but the woman is working with Kayla Koretki, who knows a lot about Matt Stone.

ExCarniv

-- Ripped six pack but constant brain fog, low energy, low libido, easily irritable, non-restful sleep, only able to function with cortisol/fasting/energy drinks, always restricting various food groups / macros, excess exercise, no motivation

Actually, brain fog, low energy, low libido, low self esteem, irritable, etc are characteristics of overweight people.

Kelj

Actually, brain fog, low energy, low libido, low self esteem, irritable, etc are characteristics of overweight people.

That's because overweight people are underfed, just like the statistically lesser number of people who are normal or underweight, have an eating disorder, too, and are brainfogged, low libido'd, cranky and exhausted. Starving people can't be charming and energetic.

Kunstruct

Starving people can't be charming and energetic.
Yeap, absolutely.
And even if they are well fed for a week, and very bad fed for one entire year before that week they still are stressed out and can't be charming, so much negative feedback for so many days takes it's tool for a long time on the brain in general.

ExCarniv

That's because overweight people are underfed, just like the statistically lesser number of people who are normal or underweight, have an eating disorder, too, and are brainfogged, low libido'd, cranky and exhausted. Starving people can't be charming and energetic.

I don't bought the "eat whatever you want freely to lose weight" that's why Matt Stone vanished, because that approach won't work for a big % of people.

Q:"How Can I Eat 5000 Calories A Day And Lose Weight?"
A: you cant.dont get fat.i tried it and got up to 105kgBW,and it didnt help,
wasnt bad also,but long term, idk.

Kelj

I don't bought the "eat whatever you want freely to lose weight" that's why Matt Stone vanished, because that approach won't work for a big % of people.

Matt Stone didn't vanish. I still get emails from him. He eventually did find the metabolic balance he was looking for. It is clear to me that his body was trying to recover for a long time, but fear was preventing him from being consistent with the refeeding. Most people will overshoot weight as the endocrine organ that fat is protects us from the effects of the restriction. Persistence will see the excess fat go away. It's all part of the process to regaining health. Matt liked Billy Craig's approach, but still seemed puzzled by it. That's how I know he wasn't doing what Billy did exactly. I did what Billy did and after gaining 50 pounds, lost it all again, plus achieved really robust good health.

Ingenol

What is the explanation from proponents of this approach for the people who have always eaten what they wanted, never restricted, and are overweight? What about obese children?

ExCarniv

What is the explanation from proponents of this approach for the people who have always eaten what they wanted, never restricted, and are overweight? What about obese children?

There's no explanation, overeating will lead to chronic overweight for 99% of people.

A simpler approach is: eat real foods (milk, beef, fish, eggs, tubers, honey, cooked vegetables, fruit, juice) most of the time and eat when hungry and you'll be ok.

Adding back cakes, pastries, cookies, bread, pizza, fried chicken, fries, chips etc will lead to fat gain (and pufa replenish). Not good.

Dino D

Right...
I think you have the pull to eat what you need,
And you have the pull to eat what youre addicted to...
So we can have two different people who eat what they want... one will eat acording to his find tuned cravings to what the body really needs, and he will not be fat... the other will not have such fine cravings, he can even be born with a metabolism that has flavs, his behavior can lead him to adictive binge eating, bad blood sugar, so he will eat what he wants and get fat...

I think there should be rules for what to eat, after a time of dicipline then you start listen to your craving, while being smart and carefull, and eat what you want while still folowing some broad general rules...

ExCarniv

I think there should be rules for what to eat, after a time of dicipline then you start listen to your craving, while being smart and carefull, and eat what you want while still folowing some broad general rules...

I think this is a really good advice.

my current medical myth is that we as human are psycho-deranged like swine,we eat what we can get,and crave what we desired in the past.
eating on instinct doesnt work,we have to figure the optimal diet out,lets go boys![..and gals!!!]

Dino D

my current medical myth is that we as human are psycho-deranged like swine,we eat what we can get,and crave what we desired in the past.
eating on instinct doesnt work,we have to figure the optimal diet out,lets go boys![..and gals!!!]
Yap... i think min 50g of fat a day and 80-100g of protein...
After one weak of this baseline many get better...
Changin protein sources by taste, craving and digestion...
Carbs according to activity, but not low carb (less then 100-150graam per day)
Figuring out starch vs juice or sugar for every individual...
Uping the fat and protein based on the individual...
Going low fat if youre that thype that needs that...
Seting strict diet for two weaks, then changing only one factor for 2 weaks, and not (what i often do) going from low carb to high, from starch to juice in the same day and then saying its not working...
Btw. I went to 0 starch and 0 meat and fixed insomnia for 3 days (again* hah), now i have to figure out is it the meat or the starch or both, but i have to stay strict...

Btw. Any updates on this thread, is the guy still losing 1 kg a weak or what? (I still claim he is not losing), give me 5 kg or more in a month or two while eating 5.000 cal and i will belive it... not 400 gram in a weak (= water, food in belly, whatever) @Razvan

Kelj

There is a wide range of normal body types. If we are speaking of carrying true excess fat, however, people have to exercise while faster and emphasize a lot of muscle meat, as well as forcing a calorie amount above what they want, like sumo wrestlers and linebackers, to put on excess fat. No normal, non-eating disordered person eats at or above 2500 or 3500 calories and stays a normal size. If anyone puts on excess fat, it is following restriction of calories. Even children. I see it over and over. Families fail to have regular mealtimes and prioritize the nourishment of their children the way parents did in the past. I haven't spoken to a single person for a year who doesn't skip at least one meal every day.

Kelj

Edit for above comment. Non-eating disordered people always eat those amounts and stay normal sized.

ExCarniv

Edit for above comment. Non-eating disordered people always eat those amounts and stay normal sized.

Just not true, almost all people I know binge eating, fast food, pizza, beer, whatever they want and are overweight and carrying excess fat for years.

You are going against science, overeating=Fat gain.

rob

Forgive me if this is a bit of a tangent, but I think there’s a lot in not just what we eat and how much but also in our relationship to food.

Casually what I observe a lot of isn’t real love for food and drink but something more superficial. People, often already stressed, eat and drink quickly to get another hit so they can keep going. It’s a sympathetic nervous state contexting consumption in either an excitable manner and/or a guilt ridden one, thus, furthering the stress response.

I think what a lot of the time our systems need is, essentially, rest. More parasympathetic drive. With regards to consumption this means slowing down, savouring food/drink and really appreciating it on a deep sensory level. Akin to music which can provide some with a very rich sensory experience, contexted in this way I think the mere act of consuming - whatever it is we enjoy - can be a genuinely therapeutic act. Unfortunately, when we force ourselves to consume something purely as a means to an end such benefits can be undermined.

sweetpeat

Just not true, almost all people I know binge eating, fast food, pizza, beer, whatever they want and are overweight and carrying excess fat for years.

Do you know with absolute certainty what they're eating all day every day? Perhaps the times you see them, they're binge eating after having restricted. This is the pattern for many people I know. They will be "good" by skipping a meal or under-eating in anticipation of a special event or night on the town. Or they just tend to eat more food in the evening because they've been restricting the rest of the day.

YamnayaMommy

I strongly agree.

Besides massive portions of highly caloric food, there’s also the fad of eating all day long. Everywhere you go there is food on offer.

I lived in Italy 2004-2006 and was struck by the meal hygiene. They had proper meals and did not snack between meals. Snacks were for small children, not adults. I haven’t check the stats in a few years, but Italians were recently the leanest people in Europe with the lowest cancer rates. And they all smoke and drink lol

There’s no way Italian women eat 3000+ calories a day. And they’re way better looking and healthier than American women.

Why do people on this forum act like Americans aren’t fatter now because they eat more calories than ever before? Isn’t it common knowledge that people eat 300-500 calories more per day than they did fifty years ago?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals