My Calories Are Increasing TOO MUCH?

andrei

Hello guys how are you?

I'd like to share a recent observation of mine. My calories increased so much.

I was eating around 3000 calories a day, while doing only 2 bodyweight sets per day until failure.

Now I am eating around 3400 calories a day (on average) with only 1 bodyweight set until failure. I am a teacher, so I solve a lot of questions with math and statistics. The past few days that might play a role that I eat more.

But still this is so strange. People eat a normal plate of food or 2 sandwiches and they're done. I just don't understand. They eat around 2000 calories per day and are heavier than me.

Is this worrying? Not that it bothers me too much, but it is getting expensive. I eat according to Peat guidelines. So my primary food is fruits, honey and white sugar for carbs. I eat 1 L of whole milk, 120 grams of gouda cheese, 60 grams of chocolate for extra calories and fat. I keep fat around 90-100 grams per day. Otherwise, I am tired of pumping in me so much honey.

I was thinking that if I introduce some starch instead of sugar, my calorie intake will fall?

This real increase in calories has happened for the last week or so. I also gained some weight suddenly. 1 kg. But of course it's not that much fat. Probably water, extra glycogen. A bit of fat yes.

My bowels are regular and soft, 2-3 times per day. I eat my carrot. My sleep is better than in the past 2 months, but only had perfect sleep a few times. I start eating a lot before bed because I still do not know how to manage these calories. I didn't use to get so hungry at 11 pm.

Anyway..hope you managed to read my short rant. I'd love to hear your feedback.

schultz

I agree with Dave regarding calories.

You should think of replacing some of the simple sugar with fruit or starch (or just food) if you're getting over 1,000 calories from this. I don't think you should rely on simple sugar in the long run if you can help it.

Prosper

3,400 is fine: pretty average for a sedentary male of average height.
Wew, I start to gain weight at 2200-2500... not to mention how hard it would be to eat 3k+without gorging on fat and sugar. 3400 sounds average for an extremely active male.

Richiebogie

Dates and dried figs are quite cheap and will provide some protein, vitamins and minerals missing from pure sugar. You may be less hungry eating that.

Starch is often accompanied by insoluble fibre which can cause digestive problems by feeding bacteria & sending endotoxin through your system. So white rice is better than brown rice but ripe fruit may be preferable to any starch.

OP
A

andrei

Thank you for the input guys!

I also think 3400 is pretty high for a sedentary guy. But it is the way it is.

I already eat a lot of fruits..and too many of them increase fiber and give gas..and it's expensive.

Yes, I eat a lot of honey. But I don't see why that would be very problematic. As long as I get nutrients from other fruits.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals