Rethink your desire to lose weight..

RealNeat

If you have a history of body image issues, or still do or any type of unhealthy relationship with food please either stop reading, or know that what I'm saying is in a certain context.

People are getting more and more concerned with the state of the world, the supply chains, the ability of the unvaccinated to access grocery stores and other essential avenues.

This has a lot of people stocking up, getting their survival methods in order and just a theme of prepping in the air in general.

However, I also see people restricting their diets, trying to look cut for the "beach" and IG.

Nature teaches us that body fat is the most important thing an animal tries to put on before a long stressful time, like the 500 pound raccoons in my backyard.

So why just give it up? All that money healthy food and thousands of calories you "over ate" melted away for what? Vanity?

Let's not forget that if we have been consuming those foods which add body fat as saturated and monounsaturated fat and have been staying away from an excess of environmental toxins, the fat on our body is thousands of fairly pure calories just waiting to be used for a "cloudy day."

The Obesity Paradox is a good book to read if one has a vision of health that they think is synonymous with a supermodel. We know many healthy looking (and "doing") people succumb to a lot of the same diseases as the unhealthy. What's the overlapping similarity here? If you have been listening to Ray you know.

There are issues with weight as a survival technique however, it'll put more weight on your joints, probably make you slower and possibly more estrogenic as a result of aromatase. It'll also make one more likely to stand out in a food shortage. The concept of being a "gray man" means you fit in with your environment and don't stand out in a SHTF situation. So choose your battles wisely.

There are many who get enjoyment out of fitness and eat to fuel it. However for those who think they must do it, so they do, know that fitness isn't free... It's costly, it's an expenditure of calories with health benefits only to a certain extent with the rest being a waste of time and money. Much of the fitness done in the past was with a gain more than just "moving one's body", the individual either ended their expenditure with a harvested animal or a pile of wood or a new barn or house.

Just some things to consider and think about. In a sense a person able to gain weight is most likely healthier as their body actually is able to execute the processes needed to gain electrons where a "hard gainer" may just be starving nutritionally and calorically, hardly something to envy but rather something to fix in a timely fashion.

Last edited:

Doc Sandoz

If you have a history of body image issues, or still do or any type of unhealthy relationship with food please either stop reading, or know that what I'm saying is in a certain context.

People are getting more and more concerned with the state of the world, the supply chains, the ability of the unvaccinated to access grocery stores and other essential avenues.

This has a lot of people stocking up, getting their survival methods in order and just a theme of prepping in the air in general.

However, I also see people restricting their diets, trying to look cut for the "beach" and IG.

Nature teaches us that body fat is the most important thing an animal tries to put on before a long stressful time, like the 500 pound raccoons in my backyard.

So why just give it up? All that money healthy food and thousands of calories you "over ate" melted away for what? Vanity?

Let's not forget that if we have been consuming those foods which add body fat as saturated and monounsaturated fat and have been staying away from an excess of environmental toxins, the fat on our body is thousands of calories just waiting to be used for a "cloudy day."

The Obesity Paradox is a good book to read if one has a vision of health that they think is synonymous with a supermodel. We know many healthy looking (and "doing") people succumb to a lot of the same diseases as the unhealthy. What's the overlapping similarity here? If you have been listening to Ray you know.

There are issues with weight as a survival technique however, it'll put more weight on your joints, probably make you slower and possibly more estrogenic as a result of aromatase. It'll also make one more likely to stand out in a food shortage. The concept of being a "gray man" means you fit in with your environment and don't stand out in a SHTF situation. So choose your battles wisely.

There are many who get enjoyment out of fitness and eat to fuel it. However for those who think they must do it, so they do, know that fitness isn't free... It's costly, it's an expenditure of calories with health benefits only to a certain extent with the rest being a waste of time and money. Much of the fitness done in the past was with a gain more than just "moving one's body", the individual either ended their expenditure with a harvested animal or a pile of wood or a new barn or house.

Just some things to consider and think about. In a sense a person able to gain weight is most likely healthier as their body actually is able to execute the processes needed to gain electrons where a "hard gainer" may just be starving nutritionally and calorically, hardly something to envy but rather something to fix in a timely fashion.
I feel better physically when I'm not overweight. And fat is ugly. Simple as that.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

I feel better physically when I'm not overweight. And fat is ugly. Simple as that.
Valid points, in general I agree. I think some forms of weight, in the right places, especially on women, can be very attractive.

Like I said, this is a post that's meant for a certain context. An otherwise healthy person losing weight in trying times is akin to burning money imo.

JamesGatz

Agreed - I feel best when Im thick - I feel a lot more resistant to stress and all around feel like a nicer person when I am thick - when I am skinny/scrawny I feel more like I'm more exposed to stress for lack of a better word and that I'm just more of a d*** of a person not sure how I would explain it.

I notice for girls too I like talking to girls with a little bit of weight on them - they tend to be very nice personality-wise, down-to-earth, and laid back - also seem to be resistant to stress - the skinny girls I meet generally tend to be more of the stuck-up/arrogant types

I think of course as some users will bring up if one is too fat I think one might be concerned about the estrogenic effects form holding on to too much fat but overall I feel x100 better when I have a bit of weight on me and people seem to like me better when I am thick - times in my life where I was skinny were generally when my health was declining/in shambles

Yonebayashian

I think having a certain amount of fat is optimal but how much is optimal?

I've heard it thrown around that fat is a toxin depository so that it doesn't immediately go to the organs but I haven't seen direct evidence of this. I did lose an immense amount of weight when I started drinking raw matcha tea which is said to be immensely helpful for detoxification due to the high chlorophyll content.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Agreed - I feel best when Im thick - I feel a lot more resistant to stress and all around feel like a nicer person when I am thick - when I am skinny/scrawny I feel more like I'm more exposed to stress for lack of a better word and that I'm just more of a d*** of a person not sure how I would explain it.

I notice for girls too I like talking to girls with a little bit of weight on them - they tend to be very nice personality-wise, down-to-earth, and laid back - also seem to be resistant to stress - the skinny girls I meet generally tend to be more of the stuck-up/arrogant types

I think of course as some users will bring up if one is too fat I think one might be concerned about the estrogenic effects form holding on to too much fat but overall I feel x100 better when I have a bit of weight on me and people seem to like me better when I am thick - times in my life where I was skinny were generally when my health was declining/in shambles
I agree on almost all points, of course muscle can replace some of that fat from weight training and still be beneficial tissue, but burning muscle for fuel is not as harmless as fat, so the balance is important in a survival standpoint.

Fatness is a broad brush of a term and there are many details under that umbrella that really matter.

opethfeldt

If someone wants to lose fat for vanity reasons, who's to say that's "wrong"? People can do what they want with their own bodies, I think. I do agree that people tend to place too much importance on body fat and looks in general but I understand the desire to be lean. It may not always be healthier but in our society, it is seen as such.

Quelsatron

100 kg of pure, nonperishable fat in the form of fancy coconut oil in half litre glass jars from the local shop costs half a months salary. Calories are really not that hard to come by. Being fat is also not a sign of health as you can tell from looking at the world, unless your definition of health is "doesn't have a serious wasting disease".

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

If someone wants to lose fat for vanity reasons, who's to say that's "wrong"? People can do what they want with their own bodies, I think. I do agree that people tend to place too much importance on body fat and looks in general but I understand the desire to be lean. It may not always be healthier but in our society, it is seen as such.
It's not about wrong or right, it's just my opinion in a time where food might become more scarce or much more expensive or losing one's job because of Vax status etc.. I rip on vanity because this situation (the great reset) might become life or death in a sense, so yeah it's only sane for vanity to take a back seat. But you know people will die to look good so whatever.

In times of abundance sure, go ahead, but in our current world I'm just warning that one's desire to be say <10% fat might just end up being a really bad idea.

Once again I urge people to read the first paragraph of my OP, this is for a certain context.

Last edited:
OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

100 kg of pure, nonperishable fat in the form of fancy coconut oil in half litre glass jars from the local shop costs half a months salary. Calories are really not that hard to come by. Being fat is also not a sign of health as you can tell from looking at the world, unless your definition of health is "doesn't have a serious wasting disease".
In a sense being fat is a sign of health, it means you CAN put on weight, as mentioned in my original post. We only need to look at Cachexia to see what is unhealthy, no appetite and no utilization. Nothing beats calories you can take with you. Someone can steal your stuff, house burns down, food goes rancid, animals get it, contamination, bug infestations etc.. but body fat is there for the taking. I'm not talking morbidly obese here..

It's hilarious that it's a natural bodily process for this exact purpose and people seriously think it's just there to look ugly.

Once again, losing body weight ALREADY gained by eating good food is akin to throwing food in the trash. I'm not really advocating putting on weight, even though that's also an option.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Also calories aren't hard to come by now. If you read my OP just a little more carefully this context is for time where those avenues of attaining or affording food may no longer be an option. Not to mention coconut oil being imported, yet another thing that is failing in front of our eyes. If people don't realize how much we've outsourced everything they won't "get it" until it's too late. And idk where you got the idea that coconut oil isn't perishable, it very much is.

Ben.

Agree, when i was packing up on muscles and had some fat (not excessively) to go with it i felt healthy.

Whenever i "shredded" i may have looked "better" but felt not so good, mood goes down, performance drops singificantly etc,
Thoose where some days ... nowadys i cant gain any weight for the life of me ... sickpack abs are nice but not when they are visible coming from serious health issues.

In a sense being fat is a sign of health, it means you CAN put on weight, as mentioned in my original post.

Exactly. The ability to gain weight (but also to loose it) is imo a sign of a functioning body.

I'm sick of the extra 20 lbs and all the excess aromatase that comes with it.

By definition, having extra weight means you're eating more than you can use/need. It doesn't have to be a lot more, in my case eating on average an excess of 110 calories per day results in carrying around 20 extra lbs. That means eating one less banana, or 2 cups of milk less, would bring my weight where I want it to, if done consistently over a long enough time.

But for some reason my body defaults to wanting to eat that excess, so I have to always struggle against it if I want to look the way I want.

Quelsatron

Also calories aren't hard to come by now. If you read my OP just a little more carefully this context is for time where those avenues of attaining or affording food may no longer be an option. Not to mention coconut oil being imported, yet another thing that is failing in front of our eyes. If people don't realize how much we've outsourced everything they won't "get it" until it's too late. And idk where you got the idea that coconut oil isn't perishable, it very much is.
Point being, if you're worried about food shortages, it's very easy to fill up your larder in advance. It's foolproof up until the level that mad max breaks out or the government is trying to put you in camps, and at that point all bets are off anyway and being fat might as well get you eaten by cannibals. Being fat sucks, losing it in a healthy way is almost always a positive.

superhappy

Being fat is terrible, i've lost like 50 pounds and already feel way better. Still got like 40 more pounds to go and i'd cut down to 1500 calories if i had to.

Marcine

Being fat is terrible, i've lost like 50 pounds and already feel way better. Still got like 40 more pounds to go and i'd cut down to 1500 calories if i had to.
Why not keep the nutrition in the 1800 minimum required for safe weight loss, and allow it to go more slowly. Deal with the plateau and you will shed that last of it, besides, you'll release more pufas faster if you drop down that low in calories and you'll have to suffer out of that cascade. I yo-yo dieted my whole life and really messed up my metabolism. Please don't do it. If being "fat" is so terrible why not ask yourself why you have that opinion? You wouldn't in the context of another age, another culture, and if you were "healthy" ft. Something else is wrong that you might want to use this opportunity to look at. Many of us are self-loathing until we realize that we're loveable no matter what we look like.

Marcine

I love this sentiment and since I'm struggling with the Peat 30-50 at the moment, at 66 years old, I'm allowing myself the guidance of God. So far, I'm going to a chinese medicine doctor for acupuncture, cupping, etc, getting lots of nutrition, supporting my liver to make T3 and praying that helps shifts my energy so carrying the extra weight doesn't feel like such a burden. I moved to Ecuador and so the indigenous/campesino farming community is alive and well and when I moved here as a strategy to avoid the obvious downfall of the US, I realized that when the SHTF here, just like the beginning of Covid, everyone just heads up to their highland farmland and grows food. These people still live close to the land, still grow their corn in whatever backyard they have, and there's tons of fruit trees to glean from. So, I probably won't need the fat stores, but you never know. Plenty of vaccinated people, but also many who understand the propaganda and the IMF debt, etc, so the Constitution has held off the mandates.

Kris

"There are three different types of fat cells in the body: white, brown, and beige. Fat cells can be stored in three ways: essential, subcutaneous, or visceral fat.

Essential fat is necessary for a healthy, functional body. Subcutaneous fat makes up most of our bodily fat and is found under the skin. This is the body’s method of storing energy for later use.

Visceral fat is found in the abdomen amongst the major organs. It can be very dangerous in high levels. A high body fat percentage, and in particular the presence of visceral fat, can increase your risk for a number of diseases."

what about the visceral fat. it is obviously not healthy in high levels. I personally feel better not being fat, both aesthetically, physically and in my general health.

I would think that getting too fat means that one eats too much or too much fatty food, or metabolic rate is too low.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals