Anyone else feel weird eating so much sugar?

welshwing

By weird I mean, it goes completely against mainstream ideals. I eat the basic 200 grams carbs, 100 grams protein (2:1 ratio). The people who see me eat high amounts of sugar have commented "that's way too much sugar", they're very surprised because I used to be all about athletics (high protein, low/no sugar diet)- I'm only 19 and never had health problems, If I were 50-60 I'd more easily notice if the food I'm eating is causing me problems. The problem is if I am eating wrong I won't notice it, so does anyone feel bad eating so much sugar?

Parsifal

1200 kcalories? Seems really low for me. BTW are you eating only pure sugar or other things for carbs?

OP
W

welshwing

Parsifal said:
post 108948 1200 kcalories? Seems really low for me. BTW are you eating only pure sugar or other things for carbs?
Yeah more than just pure sugar but also a lot of pure sugar which is why people tell me it looks unhealthy, my ratio is always 200:100 and I eat a lot more than 1200.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nighteyes

Only weird feeling is a slight lingering sweet taste on the back of my tongue if I overdo it and I don't make sure to get enough potassium.. I Especially get the tongue thing from honey.. I have replaced that with white sugar

Ideonaut

welshwing said:
By weird I mean, it goes completely against mainstream ideals. . . The people who see me . . .

If you are concerned about conforming to mainstream ideals, you are in the wrong place! The Ray Peat focus is on health truth.

DaveFoster

welshwing said:
post 108938 By weird I mean, it goes completely against mainstream ideals.
What? Do social conventions dictate physiology? No.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals